GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 44 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 51]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

What's your take on Korpisalo? I know the team played like Dung but he can't seem to string together more than a couple good games in a row. Maybe they should have played him against Columbus and Forsberg against the Ducks? That's what everyone was expecting.

I really don't want to go into next season with this tandem. And for the life of me I can't figure out if it's better to keep one or the other. Unless something changes in the next 30+ games this is Staios' biggest decision. I would even continue with Martin as interim if it frees up more time to settle the goaltending situation.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:If you can get Weegar and Chabot for a combined 12-14M that's a huge win.

Don't you mean Weegar and Chychrun?

Yes. Whoops

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:What's your take on Korpisalo?  I know the team played like Dung but he can't seem to string together more than a couple good games in a row.  Maybe they should have played him against Columbus and Forsberg against the Ducks?  That's what everyone was expecting.  

I really don't want to go into next season with this tandem.  And for the life of me I can't figure out if it's better to keep one or the other.  Unless something changes in the next 30+ games this is Staios' biggest decision.  I would even continue with Martin as interim if it frees up more time to settle the goaltending situation.

It's hard to say. On one hand Dorion gave a terrible contract to an unproven goalie who hasn't played more than 40 games a season. Our old management regime has not been able to evaluate our goalies well. On the flip side, every goalie that leaves Ottawa seems to have some relative success (save Matt Murray). So is our poor goaltending a goaltender issue or is it a result of poor defensive play in front of them?

I think the current regime is in place for one more year and they'll decide either to extend Forsberg and buyout Korpi, or let Forsberg walk. Sogaard seems to be ready-ish but I'd rather he come in when the defensive issues of this team are resolved. I don't think any goalie we have is capable of stealing us games on a regular basis let alone a handful a year.

Maybe there is a 'super' deal out there with Calgary involving Chabot, Markstrom, Weegar, Korpi and some picks/prospects/ Purely hypothetical here

To Ottawa: Markstrom, Weegar
To Calgary: Chabot, Korpisalo, JBD, Ostapchuk, 4th rd pick

Who says no?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:What's your take on Korpisalo?  I know the team played like Dung but he can't seem to string together more than a couple good games in a row.  Maybe they should have played him against Columbus and Forsberg against the Ducks?  That's what everyone was expecting.  

I really don't want to go into next season with this tandem.  And for the life of me I can't figure out if it's better to keep one or the other.  Unless something changes in the next 30+ games this is Staios' biggest decision.  I would even continue with Martin as interim if it frees up more time to settle the goaltending situation.

It's hard to say. On one hand Dorion gave a terrible contract to an unproven goalie who hasn't played more than 40 games a season. Our old management regime has not been able to evaluate our goalies well. On the flip side, every goalie that leaves Ottawa seems to have some relative success (save Matt Murray). So is our poor goaltending a goaltender issue or is it a result of poor defensive play in front of them?

I think the current regime is in place for one more year and they'll decide either to extend Forsberg and buyout Korpi, or let Forsberg walk. Sogaard seems to be ready-ish but I'd rather he come in when the defensive issues of this team are resolved. I don't think any goalie we have is capable of stealing us games on a regular basis let alone a handful a year.

Maybe there is a 'super' deal out there with Calgary involving Chabot, Markstrom, Weegar, Korpi and some picks/prospects/ Purely hypothetical here

To Ottawa: Markstrom, Weegar
To Calgary: Chabot, Korpisalo, JBD, Ostapchuk, 4th rd pick

Who says no?

Calgary definitely says no.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I cannot imagine we run with the same two goalies next year. I imagine that the sens would hold salary in order to move Forsberg out.
The problem is I’m not sure who he’s replaced by. Soogard isn’t ready.

But that tandem is unacceptable if we want to make the playoffs. Korpisalo is a decent backup. A mistake was made, that’s for sure.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not even sure I would trust Korpisalo as a backup. Look at their career stats side-by-side. SV% is .902 vs. .906 (Forsberg with the better one), and both have had 5 shut outs, with Korpisalo having played over 100 games more.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently Staois was at a Buffalo Anaheim game recently.

I wonder who he was observing and what are they up to.
I can’t see them being interested in Henrique. They’d have their shot in the summer when he’s a UFA.
I’d imagine it probably be more of a hockey deal. Player for player.
Apart from zebras (who scares me a little as an acquisition) I don’t know who the sens could be targeting from both teams.
Sure is fire to the trade speculations tho

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Do either of those teams have a #1 starter to spare? That's our biggest concern.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Do either of those teams have a #1 starter to spare?  That's our biggest concern.

Biggest but not sole. I doubt any of them would be interested in a swap.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Connor Clifton? Olofasson?

Fowler, Gibson, Killorn, Strome

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Connor Clifton? Olofasson?

Fowler, Gibson, Killorn,  Strome

I thought of gibson. I’m a little worried for his health. I also wonder if they’d take Forsberg back and i can’t see it. Even less korpi.
Fowler is an interesting name on the right side. I haven’t watched them play enough to know how good his defensive game is.

That said, I really wonder what and how you swing to get fowler and Gibson.

Kilorn is paid too much. Don’t know I’d want Strome.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’d be all over Zegras, Gibson and Vatrano. Could give them our 1st and Norris in a package

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I’d be all over Zegras, Gibson and Vatrano. Could give them our 1st and Norris in a package
I do t know about Zegras, from what you hear he doesn’t seem to have the right attitude.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:I’d be all over Zegras, Gibson and Vatrano. Could give them our 1st and Norris in a package
I do t know about Zegras, from what you hear he doesn’t seem to have the right attitude.

They may want Chabot too . They just traded Drysdale and are pretty thin on the backend.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They will certainly thicken up their backend at the draft. They've got at least 3 years before they would need a thick backend and a top-5 in this draft should be more than ready by then.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe the sens should play more of Forsberg going forward

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

100p. He's been the better goalie for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I mean, unless the plan is to lose and grab a high pick.

I can’t imagine how we part ways with korpisalo even next year.
You have to somehow get him to play better and he’s not gonna do that from the bench.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 44 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum