GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 37 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 51]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Another good game by the sens and back to 500, the Fire DJ haters are pretty quiet now.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it’s fair to say we should keep tarasanko on that second line and not playing with Chartier.

Joseph worth every penny.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Not even sure Kubalik if the problem. He wasn't lighting it up by he was doing ok earlier. Chartier is not a 3LC in this league. 2 points in 19 games and 3 in 38 for his career. 0 points and 3 shots on goal in last 5.

Yeah. He plays safe and tries not to hurt the team but he’s not by any stretch a player that can help a line produce.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Another good game by the sens and back to 500, the Fire DJ haters are pretty quiet now.

Even the 30 fans in section 323?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jacques Martin is back in a senior advisor to the coaching staff role.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Staios says Jacques also has experience as a GM and that he hasn't interviewed any GM candidates yet. Hmm...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Staios says Jacques also has experience as a GM and that he hasn't interviewed any GM candidates yet.  Hmm...
I doubt it’s the best we can do at the GM job. He wasn’t very successful in florida.

But it sure tightens the leash on DJ down the line.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Staios says Jacques also has experience as a GM and that he hasn't interviewed any GM candidates yet.  Hmm...

Patrick Roy for GM. DJ coach - overseen by Alfie and JM. I'd be okay with this...

Next three games: vs Toronto, @ Detroit, vs Carolina. Won't be easy but Toronto and Carolina are reeling right now, and beating Detroit is a toss up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I feel it's odd that Staios would (in the same presser) say that hiring a GM is not the top priority (that they have not even interviewed anyone) and then, when talking about hiring a Senior Advisor to the Coaching Staff drop that JM also has experience as a GM. JM will be helping the coaching staff and also evaluating them. I think it's clear that there will be changes coming to the coaching staff (from a complete tear down to shuffling them around -- which already just happened, to removing/replacing one ore more). Doesn't look like it will happen now -- because that's generally the GM's decision; and now we have a senior advisor evaluating the coaching staff who happens to have experience as a GM.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Patrick Roy for GM. DJ coach - overseen by Alfie and JM. I'd be okay with this...

Next three games: vs Toronto, @ Detroit, vs Carolina. Won't be easy but Toronto and Carolina are reeling right now, and beating Detroit is a toss up.

You mean as in right now or come summer?

I just don’t think we’re getting a GM any time soon. Maybe thowards the end of the season.

Had there been some serious interviews, some of the names would have leaked out. I think there’s even a 50/50 chance Staios hires himself.

Roy is at the bottom of my list as far as GM or coach.
I don’t think hot tempers do well in todays NHL realities whichever seat you take.

Shirt of making the playoffs and winning a couple rounds, i don’t think DJ is there next year. There are just better options out there. Time to bring in a winner.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looking at the bottom pairing for today
Chychrun- Hamonic
Brannstrom -Zub

Why are we matching Chychrun with Hamonic?
I know Chychrun is capable of being a reliable D in his own end but that’s not what he’s shown this yeAr. And Hamonic just isn’t fast enough to cover up his mistakes when he tries risky plays to get the puck up front.

Plus, Zub can play bigger minutes.

At this point brann is probably more reliable defensively than Hamonic. I’d pair those two together and give the tougher assignment to Zub.

More baffling coaching decisions

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Forsberg stinks. Sens played a great game , Diddle

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Forsberg stinks. Sens played a great game , Diddle

Typical back up goalie. Hot and cold.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Smejkal recalled.

Finally.

Get to see what he can do

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Smejkal recalled.

Finally.

They should put Kubalik on the 4th line and play Smejkal on his place. But they won't.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Finally.

The should out Kubalik on the 4th line and play Smejkal on his place. But they won't.

Smejkal is a marginal player who did nothing in the ahl.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Same can be said of a few players who have more than 1 gp this season in the NHL.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Finally.

The should out Kubalik on the 4th line and play Smejkal on his place. But they won't.

Smejkal is a marginal player who did nothing in the ahl.

I thought he looked pretty good. Definitely out of place and didn't look like a liability

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 37 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum