GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17

+8
Ev
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Where will the Sens be in May 2017?

Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_lcap230%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_lcap250%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 5 ]
Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_lcap220%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Be that as it may, it proves that Anderson is capable of playing above his career average over a full season. He would have gotten the Vezina that year if not for Kreider.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Be that as it may, it proves that Anderson is capable of playing above his career average over a full season.  He would have gotten the Vezina that year if not for Kreider.

How does playing at that level for 24 games prove he can play over his career average over a full season? That makes ZERO sense

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Be that as it may, it proves that Anderson is capable of playing above his career average over a full season.  He would have gotten the Vezina that year if not for Kreider.

How does playing at that level for 24 games prove he can play over his career average over a full season? That makes ZERO sense

I didn't create the definitions of what counts as a full season. The guy got Kreidered and missed games. There was no reason whatsoever to think he would not have played at that level the rest of the season if he did not get injured as he'd already shown, in the past, that he can play a lot of games and maintain those stats.

Anderson can definitely outplay all those goalies in a given season. Will that season be this season? No idea.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I finally made my vote. I still think we are a couple of players away from making any real noise in the playoffs. More notably a top 6 LW' a top 9 RW and a depth veteran Dman for the 5th spot.
Maybe some of those spot get filled from within but I still see us as a wildcard team that might win a round. Very much depending on health of our players.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:So I finally made my vote. I still think we are a couple of players away from making any real noise in the playoffs. More notably a top 6 LW' a top 9 RW and a depth veteran Dman for the 5th spot.
Maybe some of those spot get filled from within but I still see us as a wildcard team that might win a round. Very much depending on health of our players.

Agree. I see us finishing anywhere from 6-10 this year. I think our success hinges on the Brassard-Ryan combo, the emergence of Lazar/Paul/Puempel as full-time NHLers, and the success of our special teams.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:So I finally made my vote. I still think we are a couple of players away from making any real noise in the playoffs. More notably a top 6 LW' a top 9 RW and a depth veteran Dman for the 5th spot.
Maybe some of those spot get filled from within but I still see us as a wildcard team that might win a round. Very much depending on health of players.

Perhaps we'll acquire a guy if we do well during the year?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Maybe some of those spot get filled from within but I still see us as a wildcard team that might win a round. Very much depending on health of  players.

Perhaps we'll acquire a guy if we do well during the year?
One can only hope

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think it's a hope, I think that's exactly what will happen. If he likes the way this is going in december he'll probably look to bolster.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I don't think it's a hope, I think that's exactly what will happen.  If he likes the way this is going in december he'll probably look to bolster.
I think you're hoping for that.

My problem is that I'm sure they might look to add if it looks like we're ina playoff spot but... I don't want to just add a piece that would help us slightly for this year. I want a player that could possibly stick around long term. Preferably a top 6LW that's an upgrade on Mac. I'd love to see mac play with pageau on the third line.
I know most people won't see eye to eye with me on this but I would preferably trade smith for someone that can play on the RW and add some goals. I can't see us retaining him past this season and we should capitalize on his great season last year before his value dips down.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Agree. I see us finishing anywhere from 6-10 this year. I think our success hinges on the Brassard-Ryan combo, the emergence of Lazar/Paul/Puempel as full-time NHLers, and the success of our special  teams.

I agree with the bolded section for sure. The Sens are probably a wildcard team his year of things go well. I think the keys are improved shot suppression and PP, and luck with injuries. If those three things go in the Sens favour, they'll make the playoffs IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Teams that will definitely make the playoffs: Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, Florida
Wildcard Teams: Philly, Montreal, Rangers, Islanders, Boston, Ottawa, New Jersey, Carolina
Outside looking in: Toronto, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit

1. Washington
2. Tampa Bay
3. Pittsburgh
4. Florida
5. NY Islanders
6. Ottawa
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina
-----
9. Boston
10. Montreal
11. Rangers
12. Philly
13. Detroit
14. Toronto
15. Buffalo
16. Columbus

In my opinion, it's 8 pretty even teams fighting for 4 spots. My observations:

- Rangers will take a step back. Lundqvist is getting old and their window to win is closing. Lost a lot of depth and good players over the years. Limited playoff success in past. I think they miss the playoffs and take a few years to re-stock the cupboards.

- Philly still has no defence and weak goaltending. They did virtually nothing in the off-season to improve on those fronts. They need Voracek to contribute again and need to play team D if they expect to make the post-season.

- Montreal will be New Jersey 2.0: low scoring games. Their D is pretty solid but I don't think they'll get a lot of puck movement from the back-end. They'll rely heavily on their special teams to win games. 5 on 5 they'll be tough to play against.

- Islanders added Ladd but he's not what they needed. Their success is dependent on Tavares being a one-man team again. They do have a lot of offensive depth and talent on the back-end. I think they'll make the playoffs again.

- Boston core is still strong but their D is nowhere close to what it was a few years ago. Young guys like Spooner and Pastrnak will have to be good. Team lost a lot of toughness and I don't think Marchand will have the same offensive success as last year.

- Ottawa coaching and healthy roster will help improve from last season. Scoring will be dependent on 3rd line depth and Ryan-Brass chemistry. D and special teams should be vastly improved under new coaching regime.

- New Jersey could be dangerous. I expect them to score a lot of goals this year but have a very weak D. If they can score goals and Schneider can stand on his head, New Jersey could squeeze into the playoffs..

- Carolina could surprise everyone. Great end to last season and some good, young players in the system.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Teams that will definitely make the playoffs: Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, Florida
Wildcard Teams: Philly, Montreal, Rangers, Islanders, Boston, Ottawa, New Jersey, Carolina
Outside looking in: Toronto, Buffalo, Columbus, Detroit

1. Washington
2. Tampa Bay
3. Pittsburgh
4. Florida
5. NY Islanders
6. Ottawa
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina
-----
9. Boston
10. Montreal
11. Rangers
12. Philly
13. Detroit
14. Toronto
15. Buffalo
16. Columbus

In my opinion, it's 8 pretty even teams fighting for 4 spots. My observations:

- Rangers will take a step back. Lundqvist is getting old and their window to win is closing. Lost a lot of depth and good players over the years. Limited playoff success in past. I think they miss the playoffs and take a few years to re-stock the cupboards.

- Philly still has no defence and weak goaltending. They did virtually nothing in the off-season to improve on those fronts. They need Voracek to contribute again and need to play team D if they expect to make the post-season.

- Montreal will be New Jersey 2.0: low scoring games. Their D is pretty solid but I don't think they'll get a lot of puck movement from the back-end. They'll rely heavily on their special teams to win games. 5 on 5 they'll be tough to play against.

- Islanders added Ladd but he's not what they needed. Their success is dependent on Tavares being a one-man team again. They do have a lot of offensive depth and talent on the back-end. I think they'll make the playoffs again.

- Boston core is still strong but their D is nowhere close to what it was a few years ago. Young guys like Spooner and Pastrnak will have to be good. Team lost a lot of toughness and I don't think Marchand will have the same offensive success as last year.

- Ottawa coaching and healthy roster will help improve from last season. Scoring will be dependent on 3rd line depth and Ryan-Brass chemistry. D and special teams should be vastly improved under new coaching regime.

- New Jersey could be dangerous. I expect them to score a lot of goals this year but have a very weak D. If they can score goals and Schneider can stand on his head, New Jersey could squeeze into the playoffs..  

- Carolina could surprise everyone. Great end to last season and some good, young players in the system.

Oooohhh that Carolina in 8t is gutsy. That's not something I would predict at all. But ok. I'm also not sure NJ makes the playoffs even with hall on board now.
It's hard to say about Montreal or Boston or even philly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:I wonder if this is Zib's breakout year. What do y'all think?

"Probably not."

Looks like I was right and the puck hasn't even dropped yet.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

"Probably not."

As usual. Kermit

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

"Probably not."

Laughing3 Laughing3

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Awwwww. You guys!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Montreal will make it based on Price alone. Unless that team and locker room implode due to Subbangate. I agree and say they will implode and miss this year.

I think the Rags will make it(but not go far). Can't discount Lundqvist, yes he is older but he is still King Henrik. Anderson is even older so you have to list that as a potential minus to the Sens too.

Ottawa will fight for a wildcard spot, I'd probably give them the edge over the Canes but it's awful close.

A few weeks into the season will reveal a lot.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Lazar busts in the 3rd line rw spot, ottawa is in trouble. That is a key spot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum