GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17

+8
Ev
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Where will the Sens be in May 2017?

Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_lcap230%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_lcap250%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 5 ]
Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

You will lose money.

That actually makes sens as well.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would not lose money. If I bet Sens $250 to win the Cup, and they make the East final, I'd put like $2,000 on their ECF opponent to win the series. If they lose, then I am down $2,250. Then I would bet whoever the Sens play in the Final. Let's say $3,000. If they lose, I profit $4,750 because of winning $10K on Sens. If Sens lose, I would be up around $550.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I would not lose money. If I bet Sens $250 to win the Cup, and they make the East final, I'd put like $2,000 on their ECF opponent to win the series. If they lose, then I am down $2,250. Then I would bet whoever the Sens play in the Final. Let's say $3,000. If they lose, I profit $4,750 because of winning $10K on Sens. If Sens lose, I would be up around $550.

Between fancy cars and putting thousands down on sports betting, you sure have a lot of money to throw around. Ahhhhh!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Considering the whole plan is predicated on the Sens making the Conference Finals...yep, kiss your money goodbye. Should've bought a Mustang.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:I wonder if this is Zib's breakout year. What do y'all think?

"Probably not."

Well played good sir. Well played. This guy ^ gets it! slowclap

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Bodog

If they won two rounds you're basically guaranteed to walk away with thousands

That's very tempting. Nod

- Unknown Author

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Considering the whole plan is predicated on the Sens making the Conference Finals...yep, kiss your money goodbye. Should've bought a Mustang.

Lol in the case they don't make the conference finals, I lose $250. I think I'll live

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:I would not lose money. If I bet Sens $250 to win the Cup, and they make the East final, I'd put like $2,000 on their ECF opponent to win the series. If they lose, then I am down $2,250. Then I would bet whoever the Sens play in the Final. Let's say $3,000. If they lose, I profit $4,750 because of winning $10K on Sens. If Sens lose, I would be up around $550.

Between fancy cars and putting thousands down on sports betting, you sure have a lot of money to throw around. Ahhhhh!

I would only ever put thousands down in the case that I know I will get it back. I would never bet thousands in reality. I can't risk losing that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You are missing a key ingredient in your narrative -- what are the odds on the other ECF finalist to win the Cup with two rounds already in the bag? What are the odds in the Cup Finals? Pretty sure in the Cup Finals (against a Cinderella team like the Sens) the other finalist's odds would be pretty even. You are already down $2250 and you bet $3K on the other team. If the Sens lose, I seriously doubt the winnings on the $3K bet would even cover your $2250 outlay.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

He won't, if the Sens make it to the ECF but don't win the Cup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Considering the whole plan is predicated on the Sens making the Conference Finals...yep, kiss your money goodbye. Should've bought a Mustang.

If they don't make it to the ECF he's only out $250. Probably the safest outcome.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Hard to say at this point. If the team remains largely unchanged, they will be in the 7-10 range.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see them making any major changes and selling us on guys that will likely be good to great in 3 or 4 years if handled properly. Don't forget there was hype about Cowen, Rundblad and a few other "can't miss" prospects that didn't pan out. The Sens seem hesitant to make any really significant changes.

I hope I'm wrong though.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Hard to say at this point. If the team remains largely unchanged, they will be in the 7-10 range.
yeah, that's how i feel. i think it will take a half year for the boucher effect take hold of the players. than after that i'm not sure we have all the pieces we need. dorion has too much faith in the current team and what the coach will ultimately do in the start of the season. if you ask me we'll be scrambling mid season to make a trade and ultimately we might end up like last year with one happening too late.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't see them making any major changes and selling us on guys that will likely be good to great in 3 or 4 years if handled properly.  Don't forget there was hype about Cowen, Rundblad and a few other "can't miss" prospects that didn't pan out.  The Sens seem hesitant to make any really significant changes.

I hope I'm wrong though.  

But they traded both of those guys. Rundblad for Turris and Cowen for Phaneuf, arguably two core members of the team.

Not to mention Phaneuf should come in even more confident and relaxed than when we acquired him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I legitimately believe we are better than pretty much every team in our division. There isn't a team in the entire conference who scares me and who I think is much better than the sens. The league is completely wide open. We are going to be good. Really good.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:I legitimately believe we are better than pretty much every team in our division. There isn't a team in the entire conference who scares me and who I think is much better than the sens. The league is completely wide open. We are going to be good. Really good.

Heard this exact thing last year and look what happened.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't see them making any major changes and selling us on guys that will likely be good to great in 3 or 4 years if handled properly.  Don't forget there was hype about Cowen, Rundblad and a few other "can't miss" prospects that didn't pan out.  The Sens seem hesitant to make any really significant changes.

I hope I'm wrong though.  

But they traded both of those guys.  Rundblad for Turris and Cowen for Phaneuf,  arguably two core members of the team.

Not to mention Phaneuf should come in even more confident and relaxed than when we acquired him.

Not really the point. The point is we've got some "Can't miss" guys in Chabot, White and some others but there are no guarantees and even then it's years away. Let's also not forget they traded both Bishop and Lehner and retained Anderson (Won't be good enough when we're finally contenders) and the Ham (Doesn't burgle anymore) burglar.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum