GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ole, Ole, O-hey... the Habs might not make the playoffs!

+5
wprager
caissie_1
Cronie
Riprock
Jordo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Although things are bleakest in Ottawa, we can celebrate the fact that about 2 hours east- things are becoming very bleak.

With Tanguay, Lang, Dandenault, Latendresse, Gorges, and Laraque all out, a fresh-off injury Carey Price and a struggling Kovalev- the team has been in the serious dumps lately. Media scrutiny is beginning to occur, and it begs the question- are the Habs going to have to struggle for a playoff spot?

They currently sit tied for 4th in the East, but having lost recent games against Florida and TB (by a huge margin), struggling against LA, and having teams like Philly and Buffalo nipping at their heels- the question marks are starting to fly in Frenchland.

What's even more intriguing is the fact that Montreal seems to always come up on top of those questionable officials calls (witnessed completely in the game against LA).

I for one, am enjoying this crash, anybody else? The habs tanking the rest of the season and missing the playoffs in their most celebrated year would make coping with this Sens season much, much better.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I am loving it. Nothing pleases me more than seeing the team lose, because their fans absolutely annoy me. They are the most arrogant, obnoxious bunch out there. When you come into another teams building and boo their captain and start chanting you stupid Spanish Football chant with a one goal first period lead, you deserve every lose coming. Counting their chickens before they hatch if you ask me.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hate Habs FANS!! Which means I hate half of my own FAMILY!! hehe

But seriously, as Dash put it best, when you are in OUR house and you pull that European Football chanting crap, you should be spitting chicklets into your Molson Canadian...that's right Molson Canadian, not Labatt 50 or Export!!!

No one is more pleased about this than me. Let the downward spiral continue and let's hope it's monumental!! I want to see mad. frantic habs fans on TV! LOL

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I dont think they will missed the playoffs but they wont make it very far. They are losing alot of players and im loving there recent struggles!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't wish that kind of luck on anyone. If the Habs miss the playoffs, we would have how many Canadian teams in the post-season? No Leafs, no Sens, no Habs, perhaps no Canucks either, and the Oilers are always on the bubble.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I hardly consider the Habs Canadian.

But seriously, I've had Montreal fans as friends taunting and teasing me year after year as the Sens lost in the playoffs, so nothing would please me more than for them to fail, especially in this their centennial year. Hubris is a Wing Dang Doodle. And insult to injury would be half their team leaving to free agency.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:I don't wish that kind of luck on anyone. If the Habs miss the playoffs, we would have how many Canadian teams in the post-season? No Leafs, no Sens, no Habs, perhaps no Canucks either, and the Oilers are always on the bubble.

This is not a valid argument prager. Canadian teams account for only 20% of the league's teams (and about 60% of the league's revenue :x ).

It would be absolute tragedy for any die-hard sens fan for their bitter rival to win the cup... let alone find themselves cheering for them.

Can you take a guess at how many Canadians fans were cheering for Ottawa in the cup final back in 06? If you answered 1%, you're probably right.

Besides, Quebec doesn't want to be part of Canada anyway, remember?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The Habs are Canadian until Stephen Harper says they aren't.

They will make a push in a month for a stud D, and they will probably make the playoffs. They may have some bad stretches once in a while, but they still play a good hockey game.

I hope they amke the playoffs and get swept right away Razz

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They might very well mortgage their future for Vinny and maybe even Bouwmeester.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I poop on the Habs and their little Wing Dang Doodle goaltender. Diddle you Dung for brains and suck my Wang. squirrel

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The Habs SUCK! YAY!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I can't tell you how much better that makes me feel. I know we suck too, but come on, this is fanfreakingtastic!!!! I love how they thought the Cup was theirs this year...where they got that from, I have no idea. Now, if they do win it, I will eat my umbies.

despite all this hate for habs fans, you cant forget the habs players. I have respect for the team with the way they are handling losing. I like the fire I see in Price, the hate to lose. this is a good club with a solid future. If they can get healthy and consistent, I can't see them falling from grace so soon.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Umbies?

Anyways, they got really high on the horse because they played so well in the regular season last year, were fortunate enough to have ZERO injuries, and believed that since their team really didnt' change much- they were going to be that much better this year. Added to the fact it was their centennial celebration and all the signs were pointed that the team was built to win it this year (look at how all the contracts were set up- dozens of FAs after this season)- the media just jumped on it.

I said from the get go that something would happen to the habs this year- be it media scrutiny or injuries, or wahtever- as good as their team appeared to be, they would falter...

I'm not saying I called it, but the whole situation was very predictable given how horny their entire fanbase was/is. Expectations were simply far too high.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Jordo wrote:Umbies?

I said from the get go that something would happen to the habs this year- be it media scrutiny or injuries, or wahtever- as good as their team appeared to be, they would falter...

Not to quote myself- but just to clarify- I don't mean they'd bomb- just that there was NO WAY they'd win the cup. ZERO chance.

Thinking of it now too- you can call the Sens chokers all you want, but the Habs almost got bounced by the 8th place team last year, and then practically got swept by the Flyers in rd.2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum