GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ole, Ole, O-hey... the Habs might not make the playoffs!

+5
wprager
caissie_1
Cronie
Riprock
Jordo
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

despite all this hate for habs fans, you cant forget the habs players. I have respect for the team with the way they are handling losing. I like the fire I see in Price, the hate to lose. this is a good club with a solid future. If they can get healthy and consistent, I can't see them falling from grace so soon.

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Umbies?

Anyways, they got really high on the horse because they played so well in the regular season last year, were fortunate enough to have ZERO injuries, and believed that since their team really didnt' change much- they were going to be that much better this year. Added to the fact it was their centennial celebration and all the signs were pointed that the team was built to win it this year (look at how all the contracts were set up- dozens of FAs after this season)- the media just jumped on it.

I said from the get go that something would happen to the habs this year- be it media scrutiny or injuries, or wahtever- as good as their team appeared to be, they would falter...

I'm not saying I called it, but the whole situation was very predictable given how horny their entire fanbase was/is. Expectations were simply far too high.

Jordo

Sophomore
Sophomore

Jordo wrote:Umbies?

I said from the get go that something would happen to the habs this year- be it media scrutiny or injuries, or wahtever- as good as their team appeared to be, they would falter...

Not to quote myself- but just to clarify- I don't mean they'd bomb- just that there was NO WAY they'd win the cup. ZERO chance.

Thinking of it now too- you can call the Sens chokers all you want, but the Habs almost got bounced by the 8th place team last year, and then practically got swept by the Flyers in rd.2

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa fans really wouldn't be (or any fans for that matter) too excited about the possibility that Montreal will fail this year again, except they are so bloody arrogant with their 24 stanley cups and what they figure will be # 25. I am hoping they slide to # 8 or 7, then play a team like washington or boston that will beat them down in 5 games or less, would look good on the poutine eating little whiners.

I am seriously hoping they miss the playoffs by 1 point on the last day of the season. Watching the Bell Centre burn would be rather enjoyable.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahaha. I shouldn't laugh at that, but I can't help it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:I am seriously hoping they miss the playoffs by 1 point on the last day of the season. Watching the Bell Centre burn would be rather enjoyable.

Already happened 2 years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum