GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
spader
Vandelay
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Ev
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:He's just ridiculous in reading plays.  It's...a joy to watj frankly.

He's a different player than Alfie for sure, but Stone reminds me of him with the way that he reads plays and interrupts them.

Definitely got alfie's hockey iq.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:He's just ridiculous in reading plays.  It's...a joy to watj frankly.

He's a different player than Alfie for sure, but Stone reminds me of him with the way that he reads plays and interrupts them.

Woooh there with the comparisons. That's some high level of comparisons.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Alfie was just a tennis playing late rounder. Switched to ping pong and the rest, as they say, is history.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Stones a wizard reading plays though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Wow.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow what? The guy is unreal at reading and reacting. I'm clearly not saying he's as good as Alfie or anything of the sort.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Yep. Take a look at the leaderboard for takeaways. There's ROR at the top, Johnny T second, and Stone 3rd. The other two guys are centers. He's the only winger in the top 5 (Nash is 6th and Hossa 8th). So he's third in the league in takeaways as a rookie winger. Imagine if wasn't a "bad skater".

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe it's a good thing that he's only an average skater. He's incredible at being at the right place at the right time. I guess he makes up for it in other areas.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Steve Martins was a good skater and look where it got him.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Yep.  Take a look at the leaderboard for takeaways.  There's ROR at the top, Johnny T second, and Stone 3rd.  The other two guys are centers.  He's the only winger in the top 5 (Nash is 6th and Hossa 8th).  So he's third in the league in takeaways as a rookie winger.  Imagine if wasn't a "bad skater".

Plus, if you buy into what Deano and Gord have been saying, he regularly gets short changed on his take away stats.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Wow.

If you turn that Wow upside down you get Mom. Coincidence? Vertigo

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Steve Martins was a good skater and look where it got him.

You know, if you pluralize him, he could be Latvian: Steves Martins

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Steve Martins was a good skater and look where it got him.

You know, if you pluralize him, he could be Latvian: Steves Martins

Wow, slow news day?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sick at home.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sick at home.

Beats being healthy at work.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

If Harper and his cronies have their way us Fed workers can be both sick or healthy at work. Wink

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

If Harper and his cronies have their way us Fed workers can be both sick or healthy at work. Wink

Or at home, for some. Permanently. Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 852933671

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stone will be better than Alfie IMO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum