GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
spader
Vandelay
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Ev
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently, Ian "Sendes" Mendes had an interesting interview with Bryan Murray in which he revealed that the "Hamburglar"s emergence as a viable option in goal will force some decisions with respect to our goalers in the off-season.

Who will get moved? Personally, I don't care who it is as long as it's the person that gets us the biggest return. I honestly think the organization feels the same way at this point.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Lehner would get us the biggest return, but I feel the Anderson is the right guy to move.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the best move is to move Anderson and I've felt that way all along. Andrew Hammond's emergence changes nothing for me other than we might have a viable back up for Lehner without looking elsewhere.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Apparently, Ian "Sendes" Mendes had an interesting interview with Bryan Murray in which he revealed that the "Hamburglar"s emergence as a viable option in goal will force some decisions with respect to our goalers in the off-season.

Who will get moved? Personally, I don't care who it is as long as it's the person that gets us the biggest return. I honestly think the organization feels the same way at this point.

Force? Laugh1
He just said it gives them an option at the 3rd position which he didn't think the organization had before

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Apparently, Ian "Sendes" Mendes had an interesting interview with Bryan Murray in which he revealed that the "Hamburglar"s emergence as a viable option in goal will force some decisions with respect to our goalers in the off-season.

Force?  Laugh1
He just said it gives them an option at the 3rd position which he didn't think the organization had before

Thanks for the clarification.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He also sounded like Jared Cowen will not be traded anytime soon.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:He also sounded like Jared Cowen will not be traded anytime soon.

Pretty safe bet since the deadline was yesterday. But stranger things have happened.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:He also sounded like Jared Cowen will not be traded anytime soon.

Pretty safe bet since the deadline was yesterday. But stranger things have happened.

When asked about Cowen, he went on the defensive right away. I quote" He is gonna be a great defenseman"
We won't trade Cowen in the next 2 years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:That has to be a good hockey trade though.  I imagine we'd be getting money coming back.

I still think Anderson, Cowen and the 2 2nds for eberle works on some level, but perhaps that's not enough.  

Way too much from our end.

This is another Bobby Ryan though, maybe not quite as good, but in the ballpark. Another 65-70 point guy that defenders have to key on, he won't come cheap IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Where do you see Eberle playing? In Stone and Ryan, we have two top 6 RWs...Eberle would be a lot of $$$ to spend on a third high-calibre RW. Wouldn't that money be better spent on an elite LW or C....or D for that matter?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Where do you see Eberle playing?  In Stone and Ryan, we have two top 6 RWs...Eberle would be a lot of $$$ to spend on a third high-calibre RW.  Wouldn't that money be better spent on an elite LW or C....or D for that matter?

Meh, I question whether or not he couldn't just play LW. I know what you mean though, if he's not comfortable, it'd be a waste.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Where do you see Eberle playing?  In Stone and Ryan, we have two top 6 RWs...Eberle would be a lot of $$$ to spend on a third high-calibre RW.  Wouldn't that money be better spent on an elite LW or C....or D for that matter?

I think Ricky Bobby played LW for 2 seasons with Getzlaf and Perry

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CheapShots comes by his nickname honestly. From his "Off the Posts" blog:

...(Mike) Brodeur was more of a one-game wonder and, as far as we can tell, not nearly the same quality of human being as Hammond.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/offtheposts/hockey/andy-or-andy/

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He said very similar things about Foligno before he was traded, to me that was Murray protecting an asset. If he truly feels that way about Cowen then I again question wtf Murray is thinking. He's in love with his big, powerful, players like Greening, Phillips, Neil, and Cowen.

Cowen isn't a very good NHL hockey player, he's a #5, 6 D man at best.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeCaptain wrote:

Ryan - Zibanejad - Eberle
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar/Michalek

= yes please.

That feels like the first time I've ever slotted Zibanejad as the 1C. Feels good man!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:

Ryan - Zibanejad - Eberle
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
MacArthur - Pageau - Lazar/Michalek

= yes please.

That feels like the first time I've ever slotted Zibanejad as the 1C. Feels good man!

I'm not convinced yet that Turris or ZBad are long-term #1C solutions, but time will tell! It's been working pretty good lately (on the back of amazing goaltending).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We don't even miss a beat without MacArthur. Does he have a NTC?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:We don't even miss a beat without MacArthur. Does he have a NTC?

He has a limited NTC. And you're right, we really don't seem to miss him. Last year he was great, but he never reached that level again this year. I really, really like the guy, but he'll have to fight his way back onto the top two lines here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum