GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
spader
Vandelay
asq2
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
dennycrane
Ev
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
tim1_2
PTFlea
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

As important as your #1 C is (very), go back several years and look who the 3C is on the Cup winning teams. In 4 years, will Lazar/Turris/Z-bad be good enough? IMO, potentially yes.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:As important as your #1 C is (very), go back several years and look who the 3C is on the Cup winning teams. In 4 years, will Lazar/Turris/Z-bad be good enough? IMO, potentially yes.

That's my thought as well. You can potentially add another guy in there because there is no way the Sens win a cup without a big, LH center as well.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So assuming one of ZBad or Turris or Lazar gets good enough to be a #1C, we'll be fine. All anyone was saying here was that Turris wasn't good enough currently.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Remember when people said Turris will tank because he doesn't have the support of Spezza?  Oh yah, that hasn't happened.

Except that it did.

tim1_2 wrote:Last year Turris finished as a +22, this year is a -8.  A lot of factors play into this, but he's been facing up against other teams' #1 Cs more often this year from what I can tell, and he has trouble matching up physically against them.

I love Turris.  He's gotta get stronger on the puck, or we've gotta find a different #1C.

See? A 30 point swing when we are actually giving up fewer goals.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My suggestion is lazar will be a winger and you either draft a left handed C who is or will be a good faceoff or it's internal, say with nick Paul or Dzingel or you trade for one.

Let's say that Pageau will be a perfect 3c who can and will be pushed to 4c with the emergence of a left handed c, you're looking really good IMO.

Turris/zbad
Turris/zbad
Paul/acquisition
Pageau/grant

That'll be a strong team down the middle. Power with zbad, finesse with Turris and then the 2B who will have to prop up the offence from time to time.

Now...Murray and co has to figure out who that's gonna be.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Mark Stone – Ottawa’s rookie winger had a goal and two assists in a 4-2 win over Montreal, giving him 20 points (6 G, 14 A) in the past 19 games. He has 2.41 points per 60 at 5-on-5 this season, which ranks 22nd (among forwards to play at least 500 minutes) between Sidney Crosby and Kyle Okposo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have a man crush on the way that guy plays. So smart and it leads to opportunities a lot. A star in the making.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Like I have said a few times, Stone goes from point A to point C... he doesn't waste energy going to point B). That's what separates good players from great ones.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's just ridiculous in reading plays. It's...a joy to watj frankly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Mark Stone – Ottawa’s rookie winger had a goal and two assists in a 4-2 win over Montreal, giving him 20 points (6 G, 14 A) in the past 19 games. He has 2.41 points per 60 at 5-on-5 this season, which ranks 22nd (among forwards to play at least 500 minutes) between Sidney Crosby and Kyle Okposo.

That's where I had him too.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't see lazar turning into a #1C top potential would be a great #2C but maybe a winger or very good 3rd line C.
Zib on the other hand could very we'll be our number 1 guy.hes still young and if he can find the drive to motivate and stay in shape over the summer we might very well be looking at our number 1. I'm all on board getting ROR here but we don't have what they want.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Puempel called up

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Puempel called up

Puempel it up!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK39Ww6zUXpWx-Ziwi9YdsGbCAt1EZ10UBkawnLujyfhHdezbO0A

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:He's just ridiculous in reading plays.  It's...a joy to watj frankly.

He's a different player than Alfie for sure, but Stone reminds me of him with the way that he reads plays and interrupts them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Puempel called up

Who saw that coming? Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:He's just ridiculous in reading plays.  It's...a joy to watj frankly.

He's a different player than Alfie for sure, but Stone reminds me of him with the way that he reads plays and interrupts them.

Definitely got alfie's hockey iq.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:

Definitely got alfie's hockey iq.
Woooh there with the comparisons. That's some high level of comparisons.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfie was just a tennis playing late rounder. Switched to ping pong and the rest, as they say, is history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum