GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+13
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Not being able to work your a$$ off in the off-season after signing a 60 million dollar contract is disgusting, Ev.  I work a $50,000 a year job and I pretty much guarantee you I work harder than him in the gym and probably more hours in there as well.  That's the kind of think I will never understand... I get Kane being a DB, I get guys partying, etc.  I don't like it but I get it.  Kessel?  Guy is a joke of a professional.

Comparing Kessel to Kane, well they are complete opposite in their personalities but still are complete cancer's on their teams.  

I'm not saying it is right to not work out and train really hard in the off-season but clearly the guy doesn't need it as much as other players. His natural talent and lower body is already superior to the vast majority of NHLers without work. Yes you would like to see the effort, but the effort and production is always there when it matters, on the ice in an offensive role. Lately it hasn't been because of the coaching change and all the Dung thrown his way so I think he needs out ASAP. I don't think Kessel is a cancer but if he is I can work with a guy like him far more than a DB like Kane.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

That will change very quickly, you can only cheat for so long before it catches up and it's starting too. Yah, his natural talent has taken him this far but it's going to be a long 7 seasons more if he doesn't change that. Heatley is the perfect example of a guy who didn't give a f*** off the ice. Kessel is headed in the exact same direction.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:That will change very quickly, you can only cheat for so long before it catches up and it's starting too.  Yah, his natural talent has taken him this far but it's going to be a long 7 seasons more if he doesn't change that.  Heatley is the perfect example of a guy who didn't give a f*** off the ice.  Kessel is headed in the exact same direction.

I have to disagree there, Heatley was never the fastest guy and he screwed up his knee in the crash and then his shoulder afterwards. We will see what happens to Kessel but the guy never gets injured and is one of the fastest guys in the league. Hell, I think training might ruin his game and potentially lead to injuries if he took it too hard.

I think all he needs is to get out of Toronto and find a coach who can give him some TLC and nurture him. He needs a father type guy to coddle him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's a good story on Kessel if you've never read it:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/phil-kessel-nice-guy/

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:That will change very quickly, you can only cheat for so long before it catches up and it's starting too.  Yah, his natural talent has taken him this far but it's going to be a long 7 seasons more if he doesn't change that.  Heatley is the perfect example of a guy who didn't give a f*** off the ice.  Kessel is headed in the exact same direction.

I have to disagree there, Heatley was never the fastest guy and he screwed up his knee in the crash and then his shoulder afterwards. We will see what happens to Kessel but the guy never gets injured and is one of the fastest guys in the league. Hell, I think training might ruin his game and potentially lead to injuries if he took it too hard.

I think all he needs is to get out of Toronto and find a coach who can give him some TLC and nurture him. He needs a father type guy to coddle him.

Won't argue with that but we'll see what the next coach can do with him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He scored high in the training camp evaluations. His cancer treatment apparently makes his face puff out a bit. I'd say he's fine as a pro, he learned I think that perhaps he needs even more than the typical player.

142Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:54 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:He scored high in the training camp evaluations. His cancer treatment apparently makes his face puff out a bit. I'd say he's fine as a pro, he learned I think that perhaps he needs even more than the typical player.

Kessel has said himself that he doesn't keep himself in good shape. There's a reason Boston got rid of him (same with Seguin). In both cases, they were right to do so.

143Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:29 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New and improved Five Year Plan rubber-stamped by the tall foreheads at MLSE:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/kelly-shanahans-scorched-earth-leafs-plan-wins-mlse-support/article22938348/

more to come

144Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:He scored high in the training camp evaluations.  His cancer treatment apparently makes his face puff out a bit.  I'd say he's fine as a pro, he learned I think that perhaps he needs even more than the typical player.

Kessel has said himself that he doesn't keep himself in good shape.  There's a reason Boston got rid of him (same with Seguin).  In both cases, they were right to do so.

Were they? Seguin would look pretty good on Boston right now.

145Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:11 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Seguin is an idiot.

146Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Complete moron, but Boston has the leadership to take care of most of that.

You know who doesn't? Spezza and co in Dallas (lol).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Boston has a solid locker room because they keep the idiots out as much as possible. Seguin and Kessel are exhibits 1 and 2. The way you "take care" of that is you get rid of it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2 goals in first 5 minutes for the Isles.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Boston has a solid locker room because they keep the idiots out as much as possible.  Seguin and Kessel are exhibits 1 and 2.  The way you "take care" of that is you get rid of it.

I actually agree the more I think about it. Just don't like guys like them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's almost time to cheer for the laughs to win 6 or 7 in a row and ruin the draft pick.

151Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From Dreglund™

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 23h 23 hours ago

Let's just say Olli Jokinen was less than thrilled to hear he had been traded to the Leafs.

152Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah lol, he wasn't pleased.

153Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 10 Empty Re: Toronto Maple Leafs TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:From Dreglund™

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger · 23h 23 hours ago

Let's just say Olli Jokinen was less than thrilled to hear he had been traded to the Leafs.

I am guessing he'll be flipped again before the deadline for a late pick. And then after this year we may never see him again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum