GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Flo The Action
jawal
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
SensHulk
TheAvatar
sandysensfan
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

1Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:33 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So, Don Waddell is done as President, which is fine as he will not be missed.

If players start to do the same, that will be bad for the team. There were rumours of Bogosian on the outs in Atlanta and whether or not that is true, if they foresee a difficult time trading him, they could explore trading him. Being a New Yorker, I would contact the Islanders asking for their 5th overall +. Whatever the "+" is, that is to be determined, but it would have to be a "+" because you are getting a 4th year player who is arguably franchise player.

Atlanta might be able to get another pick to add some D depth, or take a D prospect back for depth, and use the 5th overall to draft Couturier, a big C which they need.

Last edited by Dash on Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was very interested to hear the purchase price and only got it today.

110 million + 60 million re-location fee. Bargain?

3Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If you're thinking in terms of an investment, it is not a bargain.

The associated risk with purchasing an NHL team in a small-market makes it a terrible investment. That being said, it seems that the new breed of NHL owners are fans first, owners second. And they are typically billionaires, making the financial losses associated with an NHL team easier to swallow.

4Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

1,870 season tickets sold in the 1st 3.5 hrs with only select Moose season ticket holders eligible right now (2000 I believe).

They're not doing too bad

5Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You might say that ticket sales are "taking off" Sarcasm

Facepalm

6Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:1,870 season tickets sold in the 1st 3.5 hrs with only select Moose season ticket holders eligible right now (2000 I believe).

Impressive! That's very encouraging.

7Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:You might say that ticket sales are "taking off" Sarcasm

Facepalm

My kid said they should keep the Jets name if only to call Byfuglien "Jumbo Jet".

8Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:I was very interested to hear the purchase price and only got it today.

They could sell it to Balsillie in a couple of years for twice that Wink

9Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I was very interested to hear the purchase price and only got it today.

They could sell it to Balsillie in a couple of years for twice that Wink
He'd pay that now.

10Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Balsillie will NEVER get an NHL team.

He tried to bully his way to buying Phoenix... instead of going the professional route like TNSE did.

Appeared to try to sell it to the media... without, it appeared, to go through Bettman first.

That's a no no.

He will never be accepted as an owner.

That's my two cents worth.

11Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's tried with Ottawa, he's tried with Pitt... he'll keep on trying...

12Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:18 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:1,870 season tickets sold in the 1st 3.5 hrs with only select Moose season ticket holders eligible right now (2000 I believe).

Impressive! That's very encouraging.

it's especially impressive when you consider that these are ALL multi-year commitments; minimum 3 years, maximum 5

13Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

They hit 4,170 today.

14Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:52 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:They hit 4,170 today.

wonder if Ottawa fans are taking notes....I don't think we're at 13K even. It keeps hovering around 11K-12K

15Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Winnipeg TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:45 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Until they improve the on-ice and/or the in-game experience, we won't be selling out

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum