GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He reminds me so much of Wiercioch. So easy to knock off the puck. At least Wier can make a heck of a first pass, Rundblad might be too scared to get hit to even do that anymore. His time is passing.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

If we trade cowen, there's no way another D is coming back....right? Cuz that doesn't take care of the logjam at all. So I would think it's either picks + prospects

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:If we trade cowen, there's no way another D is coming back....right?  Cuz that doesn't take care of the logjam at all.  So I would think it's either picks + prospects

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130984

That's worth a risk.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So Robin Lehner starting vs the BJs. Not a goaltending controversy yet...but he certainly is getting alot more starts, as promised by Pmac

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I disagree that we can't be receiving some D back from the yotes. if cowen is gone doesn't mean we won't part with methot also.

as it is i'm not sure who we could get for him. Domi's stock has also fallen, could it be someone we take a chance on in a deal?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I disagree that we can't be receiving some D back from the yotes. if cowen is gone doesn't mean we won't part with methot also.

as it is i'm not sure who we could get for him. Domi's stock has also fallen, could it be someone we take a chance on in a deal?

Oddly enough I remember seeing Tie Domi here talking to the Murrays years ago at rookie camp. No idea what the connection is there.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I disagree that we can't be receiving some D back from the yotes. if cowen is gone doesn't mean we won't part with methot also.

Oddly enough I remember seeing Tie Domi here talking to the Murrays years ago at rookie camp. No idea what the connection is there.
not odd at all. I remember that picture circulating, that was the year little Domi got drafted. I think the Murrays were doing their research on the type of kid he was.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Domi hangs around the SensPlex all the time for some reason. Maybe he lives here now, but it was before Domi was drafted that he started hanging around.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Domi hangs around the SensPlex all the time for some reason.  Maybe he lives here now, but it was before Domi was drafted that he started hanging around.

exactly!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:Domi hangs around the SensPlex all the time for some reason.  Maybe he lives here now, but it was before Domi was drafted that he started hanging around.
He's probably just spying and stealing all the Sens secrets.

Bond

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This might be a dumb question, but assuming we keep Lazar and not send him back to junior, can we send him to the AHL at some point this season? I thought so, but wasn't sure.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't think so, it's his age that makes him in eligable

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:This might be a dumb question, but assuming we keep Lazar and not send him back to junior, can we send him to the AHL at some point this season?  I thought so, but wasn't sure.

The question isn't dumb. The rule that keeps a player who is "too good for Jr." and not ready for an everyday job in the NHL in the NHL is dumb.

You're welcome.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
He's probably just spying and stealing all the Sens secrets.

Bond

Some secrets are better left un-stolen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This might be a dumb question, but assuming we keep Lazar and not send him back to junior, can we send him to the AHL at some point this season?  I thought so, but wasn't sure.

The question isn't dumb. The rule that keeps a player who is "too good for Jr." and not ready for an everyday job in the NHL in the NHL is dumb.

You're welcome.

I wonder if games in the NHL also makes a difference. If he's played 10 games and has "burned" one year of his ELC, is he eligible, at some point, to play in the AHL?

Also, Lazar is turning 20 Feb. 2.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2012/8/1/3213217/bruins-nhl-chl-ahl-agreement-CBA-talks-2012

Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors.

I guess being 20 is not enough.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can we assume this is for Murray? He drafted Getzlaf, right?

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 7njgs

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Can we assume this is for Murray?  He drafted Getzlaf, right?

"Probably not." Great penmanship, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum