GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ya i'm inclined to think that stewart isn't exactly what we need.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was hoping to wake up to the news of an overnight trade. Guess not.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's good Ottawa has a few days off at this point, time to regroup and practice. Anderson for sure needs a week off after that Calgary game, mentally he was all over the place so I would expect Lehner to get the game against Nashville and Anderson gets that full 7 days.

That 4th line of Neil/Legwand/Smith really need to figure it out as well because if that line continues to struggle the way they have I would suggest (again) Smith is going to be on his way out along with Greening for a guy like Stewart if things continue the same way. Yah, people don't like Stewart but he was basically traded to Buffalo with the idea he is going to be traded again for something else, people want to rip on his production but when you aren't part of the short, medium, or long term plans and are basically staying in a hotel until you are traded that wears on you. Not to mention he's on an awful team with little to no depth so that doesn't help either. Ottawa could use a big, 20 goal winger who will drop the gloves when need be... might be nice for someone to actually bang home some rebounds on the PP.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's zero sense in trading for a RW. Who loses their spot in the top 9 then? Chiasson, Stone, or Ryan?

What we need to do is trade for a LW and a top d-man ideally, but I don't expect us to be able to get the latter.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wingers are wingers, they can move around, LW, RW, most guys can play both sides, it isn't defense. I don't think Ottawa needs to make a trade at all to be honest, other than moving a body because they have too many guys.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Wingers are wingers, they can move around, LW, RW, most guys can play both sides, it isn't defense.  I don't think Ottawa needs to make a trade at all to be honest, other than moving a body because they have too many guys.

You made a big deal in the past of the LHS vs. RHS, though. Do we have enough of both?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Wingers are wingers, they can move around.

This is very true. Much like most D men.

Since we could use an extra vet, might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a guy like Jagr or Iginla or possibly sign Alfie if he feels up to it and stick them on the LW.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wingers are wingers, they can move around.

This is very true. Much like most D men.

Since we could use an extra vet, might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a guy like Jagr or Iginla or possibly sign Alfie if he feels up to it and stick them on the LW.

Been over this and that's an extremely false statement.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wingers are wingers, they can move around, LW, RW, most guys can play both sides, it isn't defense.  I don't think Ottawa needs to make a trade at all to be honest, other than moving a body because they have too many guys.

You made a big deal in the past of the LHS vs. RHS, though.  Do we have enough of both?

I think with Hoffman, Legwand, Michalek, and MacArthur all up front you don't have that huge need anymore but a top 6, LH center would still be ideal and where I would be looking to make a move *cough* O'Reilly

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Many a trade nugget in this column:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2014/11/15/keep-eye-on-avs

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Methot with Karlsson in practice. I don't see how he won't play this week.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I think Methot gets back on Thursday as well.

As for the Avs having to maybe deal O'Reilly... we'll see but that's exactly the type of center/winger they need if they want to be a contender. He would add to an already young core, has the ability to play both center and the wing, he's also a lefty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Methot with Karlsson in practice. I don't see how he won't play this week.

NEELY wrote:Yah, I think Methot gets back on Thursday as well.  

As for the Avs having to maybe deal O'Reilly... we'll see but that's exactly the type of center/winger they need if they want to be a contender.  He would add to an already young core, has the ability to play both center and the wing, he's also a lefty.  

Third practice with the team, now. Will have time for at least two more before the next game. Thing is, can he play 25+ minutes after not having played since April? That was a rhetorical question, of course.

Why not dress 7D and give Wiercioch a few shifts as a forward? Yes, that would mean sit Neil.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not like that's ever going to happen (Phillips and Neil both health scratches).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Methot with Karlsson in practice. I don't see how he won't play this week.

NEELY wrote:Yah, I think Methot gets back on Thursday as well.  

As for the Avs having to maybe deal O'Reilly... we'll see but that's exactly the type of center/winger they need if they want to be a contender.  He would add to an already young core, has the ability to play both center and the wing, he's also a lefty.  

Third practice with the team, now.  Will have time for at least two more before the next game.  Thing is, can he play 25+ minutes after not having played since April?  That was a rhetorical question, of course.

Why not dress 7D and give Wiercioch a few shifts as a forward?  Yes, that would mean sit Neil.

he doesn't need to play 25 minutes

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Why would Methot play 25 mins? He might get 20 but I doubt it.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Karlsson played 20 min at 5-5 no need to put Methot on the PP

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No need to play Methot anything over 20 mins for any reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum