GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Go down  Message [Page 67 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:Caught 'Simmer' on the radio this morning, going on about conditioning for Zibanejad. That is quite possibly the issue; however, I remember him blasting Ryan about the same thing last year and #6 was trying to play through a sports hernia. It could be that too with Zibanejad.

That's what "The Hockey Simmer" tries to pass off as insider analysis.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wait, are you suggesting that Zibanejad is battling through Ryan's hernia?

Someone (Probably Ev) mentioned a while back that Zibanejad was asked to (and did) put on some weight during the off-season. However even if that's true, he's had camp, pre-season and 20 games. Didn't Lazar also say that he added 15 lbs over the summer? Don't think it affected his speed any.

I don't disagree with Simmer that Zibanejad looks slow and not very quick in the first two steps. Absolutely essential to have that explosive start.

But is he going to get fitter and faster sitting on the bench? I honestly don't know what the "fix" is here. Play him on the 4th line and make him earn his way up?

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I agree with the benching as he is not producing. The one good thing Simmer did say was the suggestion of a conditioning stint in the AHL.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bought my tickets for THE RETURN on Dec 4th. Sweet sweet The Alfie goodness.

On the other topic of discussion, I doubt ZBad would agree to go on a two week conditioning stint, but maybe if the only other option is sitting and rotting he wouldn't see much of a choice. I don't think you see healthy players do this very often.

-------

http://www.gmhockey.com/viewtopic.forum?t=6133

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 67 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 35 ... 65, 66, 67

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum