GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+15
Hobiesens
SensHulk
Ev
NEELY
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:We need a game breaking LW, but that could be filled internally - Hoffman for example.

So you trade for another and end up with 2. Can never have too many game breakers.

Yeah, that would be nice.  Not sure what the price would be on that kind of player, but if the GM is worth anything it would start with Hoffman and Stone or Lazar.  I mean, it's nice to have up and comers, but the real deal (for example Pacioretty) is a massive commodity.

Also, this is becoming a young players game, I think you'd agree, so I bet the number of trades involving draft picks takes a dive.  Who would want to give up a draft pick these days?

Less and less and less trades to be had.  One of the toughest leagues in the world to make a deal I would imagine.
maybe i'm biased but i would not want to trade for max pac for a package which includes some of our best up and commers. we just aren't there yet in terms of where the team is at, plus max is a disappearing act in the playoffs.
I think we play the course and if we make trades, we don't do it at the expense of our best young prospects. not the ones on the team anyways.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That was just an example though. Pacioretty is a power forward with a great track record in this league, so I'd put him in the "game breaking" category.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Chris Wideman is tied for the AHL lead in goals. Wow. He's having quite a season. Wonder if he's tried playing on the left side.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Chris Wideman is tied for the AHL lead in goals.  Wow.  He's having quite a season.  Wonder if he's tried playing on the left side.
where's the gloating Neely?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I would totally try to attend if i was in ottawa. i doubt they retire his number or anything that day but maybe they can sign him to a one day contract. something is gonna happen you can bet on it.

If he signs a one-day contract, he should suit up for a few shifts. Because Alfie. Cheering

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Chris Wideman is tied for the AHL lead in goals.  Wow.  He's having quite a season.  Wonder if he's tried playing on the left side.
where's the gloating Neely?

Hasn't played a game in the NHL... while I believe I am right I usually wait for a little substance as well. Yes I believe he is Dan Boyle light, at worst a Tom Priesing. He needs a shot up in Ottawa but the right side is pretty crowded.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
Hasn't played a game in the NHL... while I believe I am right I usually wait for a little substance as well.  Yes I believe he is Dan Boyle light, at worst a Tom Priesing.  He needs a shot up in Ottawa but the right side is pretty crowded.

The Rundblad Reminder.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, I like Wideman and Miami so it doesn't surprise me what he's doing now. He was an outstanding freshman and continued to play well all the way through his 3, 4 years there (I believe he came out a little early). He's played on NA ice his entire career so the game isn't an unknown to him and no adaptation is needed.

Hope he gets a shot but I think he's more of an asset in a trade than Wiercioch at this point but Wideman is 100% the next guy in line if Ceci or Karlsson go down for any length of time (God forbid)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Meh, I like Wideman and Miami so it doesn't surprise me what he's doing now.  He was an outstanding freshman and continued to play well all the way through his 3, 4 years there (I believe he came out a little early).  He's played on NA ice his entire career so the game isn't an unknown to him and no adaptation is needed.  

Hope he gets a shot but I think he's more of an asset in a trade than Wiercioch at this point but Wideman is 100% the next guy in line if Ceci or Karlsson go down for any length of time (God forbid)

Adaptation is size/speed. For Rundblad I don't think he was prepared for how hard the forecheck was coming at him, especially with less room to get out of the way.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Meh, I like Wideman and Miami so it doesn't surprise me what he's doing now.  He was an outstanding freshman and continued to play well all the way through his 3, 4 years there (I believe he came out a little early).  He's played on NA ice his entire career so the game isn't an unknown to him and no adaptation is needed.  

Adaptation is size/speed.  For Rundblad I don't think he was prepared for how hard the forecheck was coming at him, especially with less room to get out of the way.  

Um it's the ice as well and anyone who has played on both types of ice can tell you how much the game changes from one to another, that ties into the size of the players and even more so the speed of the game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting:

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 2m 2 minutes ago

MacArthur-Turris-Chiasson; Hoffman-Smith-Ryan; Condra-Legwand-Neil; Greening-Lazar-Stone. Looks like Zibanejad and Michalek remain out.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just trade zibanejad for a d or winger

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Just trade zibanejad for a d or winger

I was wondering if EDM would be more interested in him than Anisimov as part of a Perron deal?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I was wondering if EDM would be more interested in him than Anisimov as part of a Perron deal?

I don't know but I wouldn't trade him for perron.

Columbus has been interested in him before. I woulndt be shocked if we tried to get foligno back. He's a UFA and Columbus is pretty much done now. Anisimov or foligno would be good adds for ottawa.

Foligno would re sign here I would bet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If you are moving Zibanejad then getting a big time winger or LH center who can play the wing (O'Reilly) should be the target. Eberle is a possibility IMO, if San Jose decides to blow it up a bit I think Pavelski could do wonders, lots of options.

That said I wouldn't be so quick to trade Zibanejad if they figure out what he really is. IMO that's a 3rd line checking center who can be a huge role player on any team given time and development. People expecting him to be an offensive powerhouse or even produce like a top 6 forward are going to be sadly let down going forward.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Wouldn't trade Zibanejad for Perron, no chance. If you are going after an Oiler go after Eberle. Sens need some scoring from the wing and a game breaker, Perron isn't the guy but Eberle might be.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Uhoh!
NEELY wrote:If you are moving Zibanejad then getting a big time winger or LH center who can play the wing (O'Reilly) should be the target.  Eberle is a possibility IMO, if San Jose decides to blow it up a bit I think Pavelski could do wonders, lots of options.

That said I wouldn't be so quick to trade Zibanejad if they figure out what he really is.  IMO that's a 3rd line checking center who can be a huge role player on any team given time and development.  People expecting him to be an offensive powerhouse or even produce like a top 6 forward are going to be sadly let down going forward.

Yet you're the one who said he projects to be Kesler and management said he projects to be the first line centre.

Deja viu all over again.

If he's going to be 3rd line checking centre then you trade him now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
wprager wrote:

Adaptation is size/speed.  For Rundblad I don't think he was prepared for how hard the forecheck was coming at him, especially with less room to get out of the way.  

Um it's the ice as well and anyone who has played on both types of ice can tell you how much the game changes from one to another, that ties into the size of the players and even more so the speed of the game.

You misunderstood my comment. I said "Adaptation is size/speed" in reply to your statement that for Wideman "no adaptation is needed". For Rundblad it was a much more difficult process because he was not used to the physical game, and the smaller ice surface just made it even more difficult to get out of the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum