GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
ddt
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Doug MacLean on HC@Noon saying he's hearing that it's a done deal that Tim Murray will be the Slugs next GM. Take that with a grain of salt as he was not 100% confidant on that one.

Not sure I like this.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
shabbs wrote:Doug MacLean on HC@Noon saying he's hearing that it's a done deal that Tim Murray will be the Slugs next GM. Take that with a grain of salt as he was not 100% confidant on that one.

Not sure I like this.
I don't like it either... but hard to fault a guy for wanting to be a GM. I think he'll be a great GM, just wish it was going to be for the Sens. We shall see...

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Not sure I like this.
I don't like it either... but hard to fault a guy for wanting to be a GM. I think he'll be a great GM, just wish it was going to be for the Sens. We shall see...

Exactly.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

As long as Dorion stays I think the Sens will be fine but man that's a big loss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When will the Sens ever poach another team's top up-and-comers? I mean, beside MacLean and that Entertainment Director from the Habs?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Chris Neil may be back by next Tue. vs the Wild...

https://twitter.com/Syl_St_Laurent/status/420253248964923392

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dorion should be our next GM regardless

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#Alfie4GM

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So with Tim Murray presumably leaving, think that contract extension talk for bryan makes sense. Bmurr is getting old though....sad to see Tim go.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kinda weird that the Sens wouldn't just commit to making Tim Murray GM next year, with BM staying on in an "advisory role". You'd think Bryan would want to dial it down a notch in his advanced age.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Dorion should be our next GM regardless

I agree with this, he's the one finding the talent.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Makes sense to promote Dorion to AGM with Murray as GM for one more year. Then get whoever like Bob Janecyk or whoever those dudes are to be the head scout.

Or you could probably be both, really.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Kinda weird that the Sens wouldn't just commit to making Tim Murray GM next year, with BM staying on in an "advisory role".  You'd think Bryan would want to dial it down a notch in his advanced age.

Buffalo with all their picks, though, it'd be like a kid in a candy store.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Makes sense to promote Dorion to AGM with Murray as GM for one more year. Then get whoever like Bob Janecyk or whoever those dudes are to be the head scout.

Or you could probably be both, really.

#BigEv4GM

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well I do have as many Stanley Cups as Murray

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would be a shame for us if he left, but the philosophy seems to be in place to use the players this team has drafted and acquired as the core, so whoever comes in will likely tow the party line.

Dorion is a natural selection if Murray even steps down - which I doubt he will if Tim leaves - at least for a couple of years.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

With the "company line" you need to line up to it, with your *toes* at the line -- hence "toe the line".

If you disagree with the company line, I guess you can pick it up and *tow* it somewhere else.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:With the "company line" you need to line up to it, with your *toes* at the line -- hence "toe the line".  

If you disagree with the company line, I guess you can pick it up and *tow* it somewhere else.

I think the Spezzer meant "towing" a line pulling in the same direction with a group like in a tug of war, for instance. Glad I could clear up the confusion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum