GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+17
Hobiesens
tim1_2
DefenceWinsChampionships
rooneypoo
ddt
sandysensfan
wprager
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
Hoags
PTFlea
shabbs
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spezza isn't going anywhere. He'll walk when his UFA status hits. Same with Bobby Ryan. It's the Senator Way, friends.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:Spezza isn't going anywhere. He'll walk when his UFA status hits. Same with Bobby Ryan. It's the Senator Way, friends.

If Spezza walks away for nothing then I agree, could very well become like clockwork in Ottawa.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Just HF banter but some dude is saying it's Michalek and Gryba for Del Zotto and Dorsette... Ottawa could use Dorsette worse than Del Zotto, that's for sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm a huge BM supporter but if Ryan walks BM should be fired. that's a move you live and die by. to expensive to lose after just 2 years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Spezza isn't going anywhere. He'll walk when his UFA status hits. Same with Bobby Ryan. It's the Senator Way, friends.

If Spezza walks away for nothing then I agree, could very well become like clockwork in Ottawa.

Moving Spezza quick enough to convince Ryan it was the right move might be the way to go. It could become a timing issue if you wait too long then it looks like a fire sale and Ryan says "PEACE!!!"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oh if Ryan walks on the Sens you change everything up because you killed the rebuild, it would be a Chara-esque type disaster, one that puts the organization back a decade.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Go to Capgeek's Trade Machine and try to actually put together a trade the works from a cap AND team perspective, while also keeping in mind who has NTCs and who might be willing to go where. It's a Cussing nightmare.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Moving Spezza quick enough to convince Ryan it was the right move might be the way to go. It could become a timing issue if you wait too long then it looks like a fire sale and Ryan says "PEACE!!!"

You have to give Ryan a full season without Spezza in the lineup to see the dynamic on the team. Seriously, Spezza and the Sens at this point is just toxic.

Here are the facts.

Spezza is not Alfie - No win for Spezza
Sens are well below 500 with Spezza as the captain
Spezza is coming off a career threatening injury in his back, a bad knee, and came out of camp with a groin injury.
Bobby Ryan is a better fit with Turris
Signing Spezza long term is a big risk
For better or worse Spezza is the guy people lean into when the Sens are where they are

All of the above is not Spezza's fault but it is what it is. Add in some opinions that people have and observations on Spezza's game and I really can't think of a whole lot of logical reasoning why Spezza will be here beyond next year let alone his contract. You have to move him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That would be a great trade for us. A guy who won't sign next year and a 7th dman for a young Offensive d man

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:

You have to give Ryan a full season without Spezza in the lineup to see the dynamic on the team.  Seriously, Spezza and the Sens at this point is just toxic.

Here are the facts.

Spezza is not Alfie - No win for Spezza
Sens are well below 500 with Spezza as the captain
Spezza is coming off a career threatening injury in his back, a bad knee, and came out of camp with a groin injury.  
Bobby Ryan is a better fit with Turris
Signing Spezza long term is a big risk
For better or worse Spezza is the guy people lean into when the Sens are where they are

All of the above is not Spezza's fault but it is what it is.  Add in some opinions that people have and observations on Spezza's game and I really can't think of a whole lot of logical reasoning why Spezza will be here beyond next year let alone his contract.  You have to move him.

i think everyone knew that making spezza captain was sink or swim in a big way. if he failed that was it, you couldn't keep him here. the writing is on the wall. the only way i can see this backfiring on us is if he used his NTC but even him said that anyone could be moved. there's just no fit for him here. i don't see him holding any credibility as captain going forward. this team NEEDS to part ways with him inn order to really hand this team over to the youth and to part ways with the wipping he's getting in the media.
everything about what is happening screams trading spezza. and in my opinion you just cannot lose in that trade. there's too many issues with keeping him here.

also the Turris line becomes the undisputed number 1 line making Ryan a first line winger.
every thing makes sense.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Have you seen the Sens' 12 Days of Christmas video? Haven't laughed that hard in a while. Could this year's dodge ball.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1416&id=519214

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:That would be a great trade for us.  A guy who won't sign next year and a 7th dman for a young Offensive d man

Think the Sens could use Dorsett more than Del Zotto but that's just me.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Have you seen the Sens' 12 Days of Christmas video?  Haven't laughed that hard in a while.  Could this year's dodge ball.

http://video.senators.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1416&id=519214

Nice....except you didn't embed. 5 lit mups, and turris' 'nailed it' were the best.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How did you embed it? I looked and couldn't find anything (mind you, I didn't look at the page source or media contents).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:How did you embed it?  I looked and couldn't find anything (mind you, I didn't look at the page source or media contents).

You gotta hover your mouse over the video and then in the pop-down menu, you will see the share icon.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:How did you embed it?  I looked and couldn't find anything (mind you, I didn't look at the page source or media contents).

You gotta hover your mouse over the video and then in the pop-down menu, you will see the share icon.

Ah, it's there when it plays (I was looking for stuff at the bottom like youtube, or a context menu).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At the Christmas break, we sit 4 points back of a wildcard spot, and there are five teams battling it out for that spot (Toronto, Rags, Jersey, Columbus, Carolina). That's a tough hill to climb, but not impossible.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:At the Christmas break, we sit 4 points back of a wildcard spot, and there are five teams battling it out for that spot (Toronto, Rags, Jersey, Columbus, Carolina).  That's a tough hill to climb, but not impossible.

We lost twice to Toronton in the SO (with lots of help from the refs I might add); played two 5-2 games against New Jersey (1-1); played two 4-1 games against Columbus (1-1); lost 4-1 to Carolina; have not yet played the Rangers.

That's a record of 2-3-2, under .500; not great. Also don't forget that Philly is in the fight as well as soon as they slip out of the top three in the Atlantic, and we've given up 10 goals to them in two losses, before finally winning one in the SO.

Now, all that said, if they play with a little more consistency:
* Anderson with the timely saves
* disciplined hockey, especially when on the PK or late in the game
* no coasting, always moving their feet
* hard on the puck, especially when trying to clear
* move it out quickly -- if you are a defenseman and you've had the puck on your stick in your zone for longer than a second, and your name isn't Karlsson, off the boards and out

They still, miraculously, have a shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum