GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators :: 7:30pm ET :: Mon. Dec. 16th, 2013

+8
Ev
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I think you can upgrade the emergency recall to a normal callup without sending him down and up.

In any case he looks real good out there.  The team is so much better without a shaky goalie in net and a pylon like Gryba on the blueline.

And Cowen not playing like a tool.  

Still...I only caught the 3rd period basically and the OT and there was still a point where we gave it away 3 or 4 straight times in our own zone.  That's the stuff that needs to be addressed.  Can't remember who it was, but it was bad news.

EDIT: I think you waive Gryba like...now. If someone picks him up, so be it, we farmed him and he was very solid until Orpik jumbled him. If he clears, then you have Richardson work with him for a while and regain some of his confidence/form. No room for him here, I'd take Corvo, Ceci, Cowen, Wiercioch et.al over him.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, Michalek is a -18?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, Michalek is a -18?
#blameSpezza

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, Michalek is a -18?
#blameSpezza

Spezza hasn't scored in 11 games... Michalek has 2 in that time I believe. Nope, just 1. Michalek is done though, he isn't the captain either.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan is probably one of the best forwards ever to put on a Sens jersey.

He's up there with Alfie in his prime, Hossa and Heatley in the 50G days.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We should have called Ceci up a month ago. I knew they would give him a shot at some point since we have been lacking transition.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:We should have called Ceci up a month ago. I knew they would give him a shot at some point since we have been lacking transition.

I think the timing has been perfect. Could very well be the right player at the right time.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's what makes him so valuable. The other D-men just crap their pants and give it away or chip it off the glass, Ceci actually makes a play. Imagine that...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not everyone can be a Ceci and Karlsson. You still need guys to do the grunt work. Also, I said waive Gryba but the guy that is clearly not needed is Corvo... that's a player that's overkill at this point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No, you need a mix of the two. Which is what we appear on track to have.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Having a RH shot that can clear pucks and block shots... Gryba is a good #6, 7. He's starting to figure out his role IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe, maybe not. Some nights he's serviceable as a 6th D-man, some nights he's a friggin pylon. We have better players at our disposal, I'd MUCH rather Boro than Gryba, handedness be damned.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can't waive Corvo, especially since he's played decently for us when called upon. The optics of that would be poor for any potential free agent looking to sign here.

The end result might be Ceci being sent down.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Not everyone can be a Ceci and Karlsson.  You still need guys to do the grunt work.  Also, I said waive Gryba but the guy that is clearly not needed is Corvo... that's a player that's overkill at this point.

Corvo is depth in case of injuries. Normally you give up draft picks at the deadline for someone like him.

Ceci is making a difference right now. He might come back to earth(probably will) and they'll send him down if/when that happens.

Gryba looked like an All-Star when he came up last year, he's a giveaway machine this year.

Ceci still has a way to go before he shows he can stick in the NHL long term.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Not everyone can be a Ceci and Karlsson.  You still need guys to do the grunt work.  Also, I said waive Gryba but the guy that is clearly not needed is Corvo... that's a player that's overkill at this point.

Corvo is depth in case of injuries.  Normally you give up draft picks at the deadline for someone like him.

Ceci is making a difference right now.  He might come back to earth(probably will) and they'll send him down if/when that happens.

Gryba looked like an All-Star when he came up last year, he's a giveaway machine this year.

Ceci still has a way to go before he shows he can stick in the NHL long term.

Well they changed him to a regular callup now.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Well they changed him to a regular callup now.

I think they have no choice if they want to keep him and Methot on the roster.

But they didn't have to send him back to Bingo and then call him up.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:What a gino by Cecer. Best game of the year.

Cowen, Ceci, Methot. What a stud D core we have in the future.

Umm, forgetting someone?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Karlsson literally skated 400 feet in one shift,just back and forth and nobody could catch him.

Diddle the afternoon games, we came to play here.

7:30 start. Even better than 7:00.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum