GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators :: 7:30pm ET :: Mon. Dec. 16th, 2013

+8
Ev
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He was

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:He was
So he goes back once Methot is ready.

Bah.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I was not a big Ceci fan but he has been nothing short of great so far this year in both leagues. Never doubt Killer's eye for talent.

I see no reason to send him down yet.

Again we agree.  So wrong on my end.

His knocks were a) defensive play, b) physicality, c) slowish/awkward skating. I see no issues with the three right now. He will not be a punishing guy but he doesn't need to be. He can lug the puck up the ice and then get back when he needs to. He can keep the puck in the zone like few can on our team. He is like Gonchar in that regard.

He looks like a complete defenseman.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

FYI - list of NHL transactions here with more detail than TSN's...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey/nhl/transactions/

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Bah.

You can easily keep him up, you would just have to do other moves, such as waive Gryba.

This isn't like a guy you called up from junior who must go back at all costs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Bah.

You can easily keep him up, you would just have to do other moves, such as waive Gryba.

I thought emergency recalls were specifically tied to the player they were being called up to replace. As in, once that player is ready to return, the call-up goes back no matter what.

Or am I wrong on that one?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I was not a big Ceci fan but he has been nothing short of great so far this year in both leagues. Never doubt Killer's eye for talent.

His knocks were a) defensive play, b) physicality, c) slowish/awkward skating. I see no issues with the three right now. He will not be a punishing guy but he doesn't need to be. He can lug the puck up the ice and then get back when he needs to. He can keep the puck in the zone like few can on our team. He is like Gonchar in that regard.

I took notice at the rookie tourney but it's just the rookie tourney. Guy is legit.

Waiving Gryba makes sense now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Bah.

I thought emergency recalls were specifically tied to the player they were being called up to replace. As in, once that player is ready to return, the call-up goes back no matter what.

No you're right, I'm just saying, you can "send him down" (and he wouldn't even travel down there), but then call him right back up. Just paper moves.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Bah.

No you're right, I'm just saying, you can "send him down" (and he wouldn't even travel down there), but then call him right back up. Just paper moves.
Yeah, would be a shame to have him go down. Hopefully they can work something to keep him up.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Hockey sense and confidence. Only Karlsson and Ceci have enough of both on our blue line.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Hockey sense and confidence. Only Karlsson and Ceci have enough of both on our blue line.

Cowen will... so will Wiercioch. Both need time and both look like they will be cogs at some point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Not enough love for BFR.  Amazing player.  Man crush for me.  

Yeah, he's Cussing great.  I see a future with him, Turris, and Karlsson being the Captains.  Who gets the "C"?  Ryan?

I would imagine Ryan, but Methot will give him a run for the captaincy. Although, I see Methot as the kind of player who could wear the A and still give 'captain' leadership, so you might get a 2 for 1 there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:

Bah.

It's just paperwork though, he doesn't even have to leave Ottawa if Murray wants to see him longer, you just recall him again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

I should probably have read the entire thread first.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think you can upgrade the emergency recall to a normal callup without sending him down and up.

In any case he looks real good out there. The team is so much better without a shaky goalie in net and a pylon like Gryba on the blueline.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I think you can upgrade the emergency recall to a normal callup without sending him down and up.

In any case he looks real good out there.  The team is so much better without a shaky goalie in net and a pylon like Gryba on the blueline.

And Cowen not playing like a tool.  

Still...I only caught the 3rd period basically and the OT and there was still a point where we gave it away 3 or 4 straight times in our own zone.  That's the stuff that needs to be addressed.  Can't remember who it was, but it was bad news.

EDIT: I think you waive Gryba like...now. If someone picks him up, so be it, we farmed him and he was very solid until Orpik jumbled him. If he clears, then you have Richardson work with him for a while and regain some of his confidence/form. No room for him here, I'd take Corvo, Ceci, Cowen, Wiercioch et.al over him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung, Michalek is a -18?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy Dung, Michalek is a -18?
#blameSpezza

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum