GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators :: 7:30pm ET :: Mon. Dec. 16th, 2013

+8
Ev
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Slater: Coach MacLean announces Robin Lehner as his starter. Cowen enters lineup for Gryba. No Methot despite him skating, Ceci plays again.

https://twitter.com/dslatertv/status/412621492149448705

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Would be nice if our captain can pot in a goal here and there from time to time....think he hasn't scored since the boston game. BUM!

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
It's a crappy excuse for losing, but seriously enough with the Cussing afternoon games. Hope melnyk realizes the embarassment of an empty stadium on satruday/sunday afternoons doesn't help the franchise image or for that matter the on-ice performance.

The team did because they get more (advertising) revenue from airing those games on Sportsnet vs. being restricted to HNIC in the evenings at which point they get nothing. I don't think they knew they'd be this bad in them though.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:
It's a crappy excuse for losing, but seriously enough with the Cussing afternoon games. Hope melnyk realizes the embarassment of an empty stadium on satruday/sunday afternoons doesn't help the franchise image or for that matter the on-ice performance.

The team did because they get more (advertising) revenue from airing those games on Sportsnet vs. being restricted to HNIC in the evenings at which point they get nothing.  I don't think they knew they'd be this bad in them though.

Oh I get that.  Just think the team is also sick of it, based on Pmac's comments.  Ends don't justify the means.  Rather see a packed stadium and a winning team.  Have the afternoon game once in a while...not every Cussing week.

PMAC:
That's something we're going to talk about again tonight because we get a chance to tonight. The start of the game is important and we're going to put some emphasis on it again tonight. We're feeling much more comfortable with a 7:30 start than we are with a 2:00 start, but at the same time, 7:38, we've had some issues there too. We have to make sure we do a good job in the warmup, do a good job in our preparation. We know it's a good team coming to play so we better be ready.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Oh I get that.  Just think the team is also sick of it, based on Pmac's comments.  Ends don't justify the means.  Rather see a packed stadium and a winning team.  Have the afternoon game once in a while...not every Cussing week.

Schedule is already set, too late to do anything now.  We'll see how it will go under the new Rogers TV deal although the Sens regional rights are up at the end of this season and TSN wants them so they'll get some extra$$ from that too.

If the team/owner is Cussing broke and they're going the extra mile for any extra revenue I guess that's what happens.  It seems they never consulted the players/coach.  They spent $5M on a new TV/advertising system instead of upgrading the roster.

Shows where the priorities lie.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#ReleaseTheLehner

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Release him for 10 straight games please.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Schedule is already set, too late to do anything now.  We'll see how it will go under the new Rogers TV deal although the Sens regional rights are up at the end of this season and TSN wants them so they'll get some extra$$ from that too.

If the team/owner is Cussing broke and they're going the extra mile for any extra revenue I guess that's what happens.  It seems they never consulted the players/coach.  They spent $5M on a new TV/advertising system instead of upgrading the roster.

Lol no it doesn't, they have separate budgets for business and hockey. They're not related.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Lol no it doesn't, they have separate budgets for business and hockey. They're not related.

Business 101: the difference between capital purchases and expenses.

Imagine if they could charge depreciation on player salaries -- in Michalek's case I think they'd have a legitimate claim.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren
Methot not playing

Weird, is he still under the weather?
I think so. Not ready to return...

Apparently he lost a lot of weight because of the flu.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who's this "Conda" guy?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Who's this "Conda" guy?

I believe it's Conda, Ana.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Correct.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Correct.

Ana. Tommy(cally). Correct.

On. Ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's so freakin' cold we don't need Shabbs' usual "On. Ice." comment about what's on ice, because everything is On. Ice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pageau, Pageau, Pageau, Pageau!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Smith is getting his second minor on his second shift.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can't watch, that box score looks lovely though. Pageau from Ryan (the Great) and Karlsson (the King)!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum