GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens @ Ottawa Senators :: 7:30pm ET :: Thu. Jan. 16th, 2014

+9
SensHulk
PTFlea
wprager
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
NEELY
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 12]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's Game Day! Time to stomp some smurfs!

Sens have been heating up of late... playing well on the road and also grabbing 13 of 14 points in their last 7 games. They return home to host the Habs tonight. Price goes for the Habs. My guess is Anderson goes for the Sens, unless PMac wants to ride Lehner's performance vs the Wild. We'll see later today when we get confirmation from PMac. JG Pageau was sent down yesterday, which means Neil is ready to return. We'll likely see Kassian out and Neil in. The Sens seem to play better with Kassian in the lineup, hopefully Neil can bring the same jump and have a big game tonight.

GO SENS GO!!!

Update after the skate:

Chris Neil is in for Matt Kassian. Eric Gryba on defence for Patrick Wiercioch. Craig Anderson gets the start in nets.

Last edited by shabbs on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Huge game but they will all be huge from here on out unless the Sens clinch at some point. Crappy part about tonight is they are coming off a long road stretch and we all know how game 1 after that goes a lot of the time. If they can avoid the natural let down they should be fine... Anderson will have to be very good.

They could find themselves 3 points back of Toronto and Montreal after Saturday night if all goes well. MTL and Tor both hit the West coast and that's when Ottawa passes them and doesn't look back.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, with the tight wild card race, every game is gonna be important from here on in. Almost feels like they gotta play Playoff Hockey starting now... which seems crazy. We'll see. They have some games in hand which will hopefully allow them to gain ground as well. A big 2nd half is needed for sure.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens are on the ice at 10:15am this morning... we'll know more after practice.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

NEELY wrote:Huge game but they will all be huge from here on out unless the Sens clinch at some point.  Crappy part about tonight is they are coming off a long road stretch and we all know how game 1 after that goes a lot of the time.  If they can avoid the natural let down they should be fine... Anderson will have to be very good.

They could find themselves 3 points back of Toronto and Montreal after Saturday night if all goes well.  MTL and Tor both hit the West coast and that's when Ottawa passes them and doesn't look back.

I looked up the schedule the other day, Montreal hits the West coast the first week of March and Toronto the second week of March, a 5 game road trip. So By mid-March the Sens should be ahead of both.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:
NEELY wrote:Huge game but they will all be huge from here on out unless the Sens clinch at some point.  Crappy part about tonight is they are coming off a long road stretch and we all know how game 1 after that goes a lot of the time.  If they can avoid the natural let down they should be fine... Anderson will have to be very good.

They could find themselves 3 points back of Toronto and Montreal after Saturday night if all goes well.  MTL and Tor both hit the West coast and that's when Ottawa passes them and doesn't look back.

I looked up the schedule the other day, Montreal hits the West coast the first week of March and Toronto the second week of March, a 5 game road trip. So By mid-March the Sens should be ahead of both.
i still feel the habs could fall off out of contention. they have a 7 point lead but that can evaporate. i dont feel they are the type of team that can hold through the second half.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:

BOOK. IT.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Hobiesens wrote:

BOOK.  IT.

I like your moxie, fellas. I am also on board.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ALL ABOARD THE JONATHAN CHEECHOO TRAIN!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:ALL ABOARD THE JONATHAN CHEECHOO TRAIN!

Next stop: Zagreb. What?!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BooBoo thinking Anderson gets the start... he must be in the "starters" end...

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/423835285433360384

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lines as per BooBoo:

16-7-6; 14-19-61: 89-93-9; 28-15-25 are the lines #Sens

2-65; 4-5: 62-3 and 46-77 #Sens

So, Gryba back in?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wiercioch and Corvo look to be the scratches on D...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Man, Wiercioch was really solid last game too...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:ALL ABOARD THE JONATHAN CHEECHOO TRAIN!

Next stop: Zagreb. What?!

Hey, it's currently 11 celsius in Zabgreb. HOP ON!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 12]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum