GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: St. Louis Blues @ Ottawa Senators :: 7:30pm ET :: Mon. Dec. 16th, 2013

+8
Ev
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

The only time we had trouble today was Philips and Corvo making stupid soft plays instead of just getting the puck out of the zone

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson literally skated 400 feet in one shift,just back and forth and nobody could catch him.

Diddle the afternoon games, we came to play here.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Ceci
Philips-Wiercioch

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Fantastic game... Sens showed they can play with anyone.  

Karlsson, wow.  Ryan is just a great player.  Turris gets better each night.  Ceci looks 100% NHL ready.  Lehner was Lehner, just solid.

Spezza... esh man... esh.  -10 on the year, Turris +12... that's huge and an extremely telling stat at this point.  MacArthur's +/- taking a hit while with Spezza. Spezza also hasn't scored in 11 games which is crazy.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This is Lehner's team now...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Of course, this was the first game all year I wasn't able to watch.

I dunno what we can even do with Spezza at this point. The guy has had everything gift-wrapped for him, and he's flushing it down the drain.

This game could be the turning point of the season...*could be*. Lehner has to get the next game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Knowing MacLean this year, it'll be Andy next game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, we don't have a back to back situation. Devils are up next on Wednesday.

Gotta be Lehner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not enough love for BFR. Amazing player. Man crush for me.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Not enough love for BFR. Amazing player. Man crush for me.

Yeah, he's Cussing great. I see a future with him, Turris, and Karlsson being the Captains. Who gets the "C"? Ryan?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ryan really should be the captain... Like I have been saying for the entire seaons... build around Turris/Ryan/Karlsson/Lehner. Ceci and Cowen are the rocks behind Karlsson, you build the rest up front.

Spezza isn't working... not sure why some people refuse to believe it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was not a big Ceci fan but he has been nothing short of great so far this year in both leagues. Never doubt Killer's eye for talent.

I see no reason to send him down yet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:I was not a big Ceci fan but he has been nothing short of great so far this year in both leagues. Never doubt Killer's eye for talent.

Again we agree. So wrong on my end.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Zibanejad and Lazar are the other tow key cogs up front and if you re-sign MacArthur long term you have your offensive spark.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Was Ceci an injury call-up for Methot?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He was

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:He was
So he goes back once Methot is ready.

Bah.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:I was not a big Ceci fan but he has been nothing short of great so far this year in both leagues. Never doubt Killer's eye for talent.

Again we agree.  So wrong on my end.

His knocks were a) defensive play, b) physicality, c) slowish/awkward skating. I see no issues with the three right now. He will not be a punishing guy but he doesn't need to be. He can lug the puck up the ice and then get back when he needs to. He can keep the puck in the zone like few can on our team. He is like Gonchar in that regard.

He looks like a complete defenseman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum