GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 22]

181Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:41 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Spez, what do you think our roster salary will sit at come October?

No idea. 1.2 for Condra plus 3 for Cowen plus 1.5 for Wiercioch.  So 56 minimum, probably around there.  Room for another move, but again why do you care about cap and money right now?  Is this team not good?  So what if the cap and salary is low?  Just more to play with at the deadline - or more likely next summer in ufa.

182Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:We're at $48.5M in actual salary now, $50.5M in cap.

How are we going to get up all the way to $55M-$57M?

Condra: $1.2M
Wiercioch: $1.8M
Cowen: $3.5M

Those are somewhat optimistic numbers but that's $6.5M and takes us to $57. Add $1M for injury callups and then $2-3M for a deadline trade.

183Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Remember, as a cap team the Sens broke even if they made the 2nd round. Each home playoff game is $1M net, so "2nd round" means 4-5 home games. That means if we operate $5M below cap we should be breaking even, and any home playoff revenue is gravy. That was based on the cap from at least one season back. I "guesstimate" that $55M is break-even if tickets go back to pre-lockout levels (recall there were lots of specials last season).

184Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, lots of flooding everywhere. Calgary, we've all heard about. Now Toronto. And if you look world-wide there's also flooding in China and Serbia -- that's just from scanning the canoe.ca headlines. Saw pictures of people walking in waste-high water in Toronto. in Calgary the Saddledome was flooded up to row 10.

Here is the flood in China: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Large_Format_Pix/POD/home.html?&pic=0

This is in Serbia: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Large_Format_Pix/POD/home.html?&pic=23

These are all recent.

185Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Remember, as a cap team the Sens broke even if they made the 2nd round. Each home playoff game is $1M net, so "2nd round" means 4-5 home games. That means if we operate $5M below cap we should be breaking even, and any home playoff revenue is gravy. That was based on the cap from at least one season back. I "guesstimate" that $55M is break-even if tickets go back to pre-lockout levels (recall there were lots of specials last season).

Even if the hockey team breaks even or makes money, that may not impact Melnyk's willingness to spend. I have concerns that his "budget" is going to haunt us.

186Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:12 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Remember, as a cap team the Sens broke even if they made the 2nd round.  Each home playoff game is $1M net, so "2nd round" means 4-5 home games.  That means if we operate $5M below cap we should be breaking even, and any home playoff revenue is gravy.  That was based on the cap from at least one season back.  I "guesstimate" that $55M is break-even if tickets go back to pre-lockout levels (recall there were lots of specials last season).

Even if the hockey team breaks even or makes money, that may not impact Melnyk's willingness to spend.  I have concerns that his "budget" is going to haunt us.

There's a very good chance that the budget holds the team back from taking steps toward Cup contention.

187Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:36 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Not enough excitement shown over Bobb FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

188Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wow, lots of flooding everywhere.  Calgary, we've all heard about.  Now Toronto.  And if you look world-wide there's also flooding in China and Serbia -- that's just from scanning the canoe.ca headlines.   Saw pictures of people walking in waste-high water in Toronto.  in Calgary the Saddledome was flooded up to row 10.  

Here is the flood in China: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Large_Format_Pix/POD/home.html?&pic=0

This is in Serbia: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Large_Format_Pix/POD/home.html?&pic=23

These are all recent.

definitely Alfredsson's wrath

189Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:39 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Not enough excitement shown over Bobb FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

Shows you how devastating Alfie's departure is. This is a huge trade that was overshadowed by an even bigger loss for the club.

190Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Shows you how devastating Alfie's departure is. This is a huge trade that was overshadowed by an even bigger loss for the club.

yo seriously, get a new avatar.

191Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:48 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm changing mine anyway

192Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

193Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:54 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

It's summer and I need a summer vibe

194Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

It's summer and I need a summer vibe

Your summer vibe seems to have come in the form of a picture of a dirty, dirty girl. Shame on you!!

195Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

This was one of the most comment trade proposals I ever read regarding the Sens.

I never thought it would actually go down.

196Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

Don't you dare put a mustache on that one Dammit! 

197Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:52 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

Don't you dare put a mustache on that one Dammit! 

Mustache where?

198Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 13 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports
Bryan Murray says Anaheim wanted two of Cowen, Zibanejad and Silfverberg for Bobby Ryan. Able to compete trade when Ducks agreed on Noesen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum