GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 22]

196Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:43 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:Not enough excitement shown over Bobb FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

Shows you how devastating Alfie's departure is. This is a huge trade that was overshadowed by an even bigger loss for the club.

yo seriously, get a new avatar.

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

Don't you dare put a mustache on that one Dammit! 

197Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:52 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:Not enough excitement shown over Bobb FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

Shows you how devastating Alfie's departure is. This is a huge trade that was overshadowed by an even bigger loss for the club.

yo seriously, get a new avatar.

I'm changing mine anyway

Why? I like yours.

Don't you dare put a mustache on that one Dammit! 

Mustache where?

198Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports
Bryan Murray says Anaheim wanted two of Cowen, Zibanejad and Silfverberg for Bobby Ryan. Able to compete trade when Ducks agreed on Noesen.

199Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pretty much what everyone thought the Ducks would ask for and Murray refused to give up those (somewhat) proven assets. Loved the trade when it happened, still do.

200Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:41 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Pretty much what everyone thought the Ducks would ask for and Murray refused to give up those (somewhat) proven assets.  Loved the trade when it happened, still do.

Murray said Anaheim agreed on taking a prospect(Noesen) after we lost Alfie, BM told them he can't give up 2 roster players given that we just lost Alfie.

So it doesn't sound like this trade would have happened if Alfie didn't leave, Anaheim would keep insisting on 2 roster like they've wanted all along.

201Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:52 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports
Bryan Murray says Anaheim wanted two of Cowen, Zibanejad and Silfverberg for Bobby Ryan. Able to compete trade when Ducks agreed on Noesen.

The Diddle is Anaheim talking about? No you most certainly cannot have Cowen + Silfverberg, go piss up a rope. Thank goodness that didn't happen.

202Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports

The Diddle is Anaheim talking about?  No you most certainly cannot have Cowen + Silfverberg, go piss up a rope.  Thank goodness that didn't happen.

At that stage in the discussion the pick was a 2nd. I guess making a 1st and Noesen was good enough.

203Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
At that stage in the discussion the pick was a 2nd. I guess making a 1st and Noesen was good enough.

Ryan was not going to be cheap(4 straight 30G seasons) and I am sure Anaheim had many offers on the table.

They finally took Noesen because we refused to give up 2 roster players and they were high on him in his draft year so Murray had to add a 1st there.

I wonder how desperate they were to trade him.

204Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
Mustache where?

SSF has been cloning other people's avatars and 'staching them; Evan's latest -- his "Summer Vibe" one -- is not that deserves to not be 'stached.

205Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:02 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Pretty much what everyone thought the Ducks would ask for and Murray refused to give up those (somewhat) proven assets.  Loved the trade when it happened, still do.

Murray said Anaheim agreed on taking a prospect(Noesen) after we lost Alfie, BM told them he can't give up 2 roster players given that we just lost Alfie.

So it doesn't sound like this trade would have happened if Alfie didn't leave, Anaheim would keep insisting on 2 roster like they've wanted all along.

The fact that they reduced their asking price after Alfie was gone shows me, really, that they were still negotiating and not giving Bryan their best, last offer. Alfie leaving basically strengthened Bryan's stance that they simply could not afford to give up two roster players.

206Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:19 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
The fact that they reduced their asking price after Alfie was gone shows me, really, that they were still negotiating and not giving Bryan their best, last offer.  Alfie leaving basically strengthened Bryan's stance that they simply could not afford to give up two roster players.

Sounds about right.

The fact they reduced it tells me we were the best trading partner and they really wanted to deal with us.  It seems no one else was close.  Sounds like the Nash scenario only no NMC this time.

Plus they may have wanted to move Ryan this year, they could have just waited. There's been rumors about Ryan for some time.

207Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still want a 2nd pairing righty. Can't help it.

208Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Still want a 2nd pairing righty.  Can't help it.  

That's Corvo.

Gryba and Wiercioch will get more 5on5, PK time and Corvo will be mostly PP depending on how things go. I doubt they will acquire any 2nd pairing RHD on any sort of long term deal to lock out guys like Ceci in the future.

209Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Still want a 2nd pairing righty.  Can't help it.  

That's Corvo.

Gryba and Wiercioch will get more 5on5, PK time and Corvo will be mostly PP depending on how things go.  I doubt they will acquire any 2nd pairing RHD on any sort of long term deal to lock out guys like Ceci in the future.

Yeah, I suppose. :crossarms: 

210Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:16 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Wow, lots of flooding everywhere.  Calgary, we've all heard about.  Now Toronto.  And if you look world-wide there's also flooding in China and Serbia -- that's just from scanning the canoe.ca headlines.   Saw pictures of people walking in waste-high water in Toronto.  in Calgary the Saddledome was flooded up to row 10.  

Here is the flood in China: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Large_Format_Pix/POD/home.html?&pic=0

This is in Serbia: http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Large_Format_Pix/POD/home.html?&pic=23

These are all recent.

definitely Alfredsson's wrath

I guess he still hates the Leafs:

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 750_flood

That's unreal.

211Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Shabbs, you haven't been around. How's your neighborhood?

212Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Think sens unveil B-Ry's number tomorrow. Gonna go out on a limb and guess it will be #27

213Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:29 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

Number will be #91

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum