GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 22]

241Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:In the off-season, he apparently lives in some tiny town in Wyoming or somewhere like that.  He's not a big-city kid.

Agreed. I get the sense that his girlfriend might need to be sold on life away from So-Cal.

Well it's hot enough on her first day here. She probably saw the forecast call for 34 and brought snowpants and a parka.

242Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I meant more that Pageau asserted himself as a solid prospect, so I'm sure Murray felt more comfortable trading the package he did - in particular Silfverberg, but obviously getting Ryan back replaces him offense and then some.

Biggest reason seemed that Anaheim finally backed down from demanding 2 roster players and took 1 roster player(Silf), prospect and a draft pick.

243Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Well it's hot enough on her first day here.  She probably saw the forecast call for 34 and brought snowpants and a parka.  

It's way more humid here than California.  My wife is from California and the summer's here are far more brutal than anything she ever experienced there.

Is his GF even from California? I thought she's from Wyoming, that's why they spend the summer there.

Living in California isn't all paradise, I can easily someone not liking it(even if they are from there).

244Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
Well it's hot enough on her first day here.  She probably saw the forecast call for 34 and brought snowpants and a parka.  

It's way more humid here than California.  My wife is from California and the summer's here are far more brutal than anything she ever experienced there.

Is his GF even from California? I thought she's from Wyoming, that's why they spend the summer there.

Living in California isn't all paradise, I can easily someone not liking it(even if they are from there).

I guess if she's cool with summers in Wyoming, Ottawa won't be that tough a sell. They must like horses or something. Just like The Gene.

245Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:52 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Guy is asked about contract extensions and his answer is "the organization gave up great young players for you so you wanna reward it"

All in all sounds like just a great guy.

246Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:55 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

He is definitely saying the right things.

I guess we'll know in a year from now when they can officially start contract talks. I expect if they don't go well he'll be dealt like Jordan Staal at the draft.

It will depend on Eugene's bank account status more than Ryan's willingness to stay too.

247Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:58 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:

Gotta admit, having real snow for Chirstmas is special.

248Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:08 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Video ITV on CTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhepwhL1So

249Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:26 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Man it's ryan-palooza today. He's not the second coming of jesus, but its close to it for this city. Hope he's relishing it as opposed to being turned off by it (and the ensuing pressure).

Either way, good to show his face around more. probably will sell more season tickets that way too.

A guy they really gotta start marketing more is Marc Methot. Man that guy lives, breathes Ottawa. What a fantastic pickup by murray. Thinkin' both sides of the business.

250Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Man it's ryan-palooza today.  He's not the second coming of jesus, but its close to it for this city.  Hope he's relishing it as opposed to being turned off by it (and the ensuing pressure).

He sure seems to be. I would bet that CheapShots Brennan ruins the mood, though. Seriously.

251Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:42 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You would think that the Sens are almost trying to make people forget about something or someone....

252Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:Guy is asked about contract extensions and his answer is "the organization gave up great young players for you so you wanna reward it"

All in all sounds like just a great guy.

Nod I love that. I can't say anything more positive about his character if he follows through with that and re-signs next summer.

253Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:You would think that the Sens are almost trying to make people forget about something or someone....

No need, only 10% care as proved by the Team 1200 poll.

254Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

When is Corvo shown around town?

255Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:A guy they really gotta start marketing more is Marc Methot.  Man that guy lives, breathes Ottawa.  What a fantastic pickup by murray.  Thinkin' both sides of the business.

This can't be said enough.

256Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:When is Corvo shown around town?

He already kept an off season home here.

257Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Wow, that is a nutty story. His name is actually Bobby Stevenson.

258Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 17 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Wow, that is a nutty story. His name is actually Bobby Stevenson.

ThisJustIn!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum