GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 22]

226Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FING! FING! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 

227Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:19 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The more I think about the Ryan trade, the more I'm starting to be convinced that they were able to trade Silfverberg not only because of their stellar cupboard of prospects, but mainly because of JG Pageau.

228Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:26 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:The more I think about the Ryan trade, the more I'm starting to be convinced that they were able to trade Silfverberg not only because of their stellar cupboard of prospects, but mainly because of JG Pageau.  

Really? I think it came down to the 1st rd pick hopefully being bottom 20, Noesen being a question mark (though his CHL stats are quite impressive), and Silfverberg being a question mark as well. I think the Sens did well in ensuring they kept Zbad over Silf, didn't trade any core players, and prospect cupboards still relatively full (Hoffman, Stone, Prince, Puempel, Grant, etc)

I think Pageau's emergence helped but I don't think that was the main reason why the trade happened.

229Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:30 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Murray has said countless times that a lot of our prospects were going to play in the NHL but not all of them for the Sens.

I think once they saw Zibanejad's flashes, Silfberberg, Pageau etc, they just knew they could give up some of them for an upgrade.

If Ottawa thought Noesen and Silfverberg were question marks, the trade would have been made way earlier. The fact they waited for Alfie to be gone to pull the trigger tells me they didn't want to give up that much.

230Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:32 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Wasn't it reported that they wanted two roster players and a pick? I was very satisfied with the trade. Obviously sad to see Silf go but we got Bobby Ryan....

231Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:34 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

They wanted 2 of Zibanejad, Cowen and Silfverberg. Without any picks.
Obviously that was out of the question. But Silverberg, Noesen and a 2nd was what Murray offered and Anaheim refused. After Alfie leaving Murray changed the 2nd to a 1st.

232Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:35 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe Bob Murray felt bad for Bryan?

233Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:I said it at 7am... pretty obvious when you think about it.  Upside down 9 man, that's it.  That's what mutha fcka's do.

whatever Fingers

I thought it was to honour Wade Redden and his great legacy with that number. Sarcasm 

- Unknown Author

234Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:The more I think about the Ryan trade, the more I'm starting to be convinced that they were able to trade Silfverberg not only because of their stellar cupboard of prospects, but mainly because of JG Pageau.  

They were able to trade Silfverberg because they replaced him with an actual star player...

235Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

They were able to trade Silfverberg because they replaced him with an actual star player...

I meant more that Pageau asserted himself as a solid prospect, so I'm sure Murray felt more comfortable trading the package he did - in particular Silfverberg, but obviously getting Ryan back replaces him offense and then some.

236Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone listen to the interview? I had a meeting and missed it. I suppose they'll have it up on the Team1200 website soon enough.

237Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's up:

http://proxy.autopod.ca/podcasts/chum/1/14773/bobby%20ryan%20on%20tgor.mp3

238Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just finished listening. Wow, this guy is so down-to-earth. Hard to believe he's been living in California the last few years.

239Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In the off-season, he apparently lives in some tiny town in Wyoming or somewhere like that. He's not a big-city kid.

240Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:In the off-season, he apparently lives in some tiny town in Wyoming or somewhere like that.  He's not a big-city kid.

Agreed. I get the sense that his girlfriend might need to be sold on life away from So-Cal.

241Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:In the off-season, he apparently lives in some tiny town in Wyoming or somewhere like that.  He's not a big-city kid.

Agreed. I get the sense that his girlfriend might need to be sold on life away from So-Cal.

Well it's hot enough on her first day here. She probably saw the forecast call for 34 and brought snowpants and a parka.

242Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I meant more that Pageau asserted himself as a solid prospect, so I'm sure Murray felt more comfortable trading the package he did - in particular Silfverberg, but obviously getting Ryan back replaces him offense and then some.

Biggest reason seemed that Anaheim finally backed down from demanding 2 roster players and took 1 roster player(Silf), prospect and a draft pick.

243Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 16 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Well it's hot enough on her first day here.  She probably saw the forecast call for 34 and brought snowpants and a parka.  

It's way more humid here than California.  My wife is from California and the summer's here are far more brutal than anything she ever experienced there.

Is his GF even from California? I thought she's from Wyoming, that's why they spend the summer there.

Living in California isn't all paradise, I can easily someone not liking it(even if they are from there).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum