GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 22]

166Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:15 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

B-Rye on leafs lunch (love his comments)

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=20332&id=13

167Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Last time I checked, Brodeur was still going to retire as a Devil, and he's been underpaid way more than Alfie.

Please check your facts before spouting nonsense. Brodeur's made $74Mish from the Devils, Alfie has made $55Mish from the Sens, although Brodeur does have a couple extra years in there. I'm pretty sure if I went back and ran the numbers, Alfie probably could have made in the neighbourhood of $10M - $15M more via free agency if he had taken the opportunity.

168Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:45 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:B-Rye on leafs lunch (love his comments)

http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=20332&id=13

Who were those idiots interviewing him...ohhh boy..."Canaata". Oh, never mind..."Bobby Hayes" and Jeff O'Neill. Facepalm 

169Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
Last time I checked, Brodeur was still going to retire as a Devil, and he's been underpaid way more than Alfie.

Please check your facts before spouting nonsense.  Brodeur's made $74Mish from the Devils, Alfie has made $55Mish from the Sens, although Brodeur does have a couple extra years in there.  I'm pretty sure if I went back and ran the numbers, Alfie probably could have made in the neighbourhood of $10M - $15M more via free agency if he had taken the opportunity.

That's not really fair to Alfie IMO. Brodeur won 4 Vezinas and 3 Cups and the Calder, while Alfie won...the Calder. Of course he's gonna get paid more, because he's more valuable.

170Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:48 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Please check your facts before spouting nonsense.  Brodeur's made $74Mish from the Devils, Alfie has made $55Mish from the Sens, although Brodeur does have a couple extra years in there.  I'm pretty sure if I went back and ran the numbers, Alfie probably could have made in the neighbourhood of $10M - $15M more via free agency if he had taken the opportunity.

He's also brought 3 Stanley Cups to the team

171Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:51 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also the entire New Jersey roster was built around defence and they were known for this system...you might've heard of it..."the trap".  So Brodeur knew he had it pretty good in Jersey.

Anyway, we're talking about Alfie, not Brodeur.  Does anyone want to argue that Alfie left millions on the table deciding to stay here versus becoming a free agent previously in his career?

172Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:54 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Also the entire New Jersey roster was built around defence and they were known for this system...you might've heard of it..."the trap".  So Brodeur knew he had it pretty good in Jersey.

Anyway, we're talking about Alfie, not Brodeur.  Does anyone want to argue that Alfie left millions on the table deciding to stay here versus becoming a free agent previously in his career?

No one is arguing that, but then again, that's the reason why we loved him.

173Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Facts? I don't need to check facts. Come on, what do you think this is, the New York Times?

Brodeur was voted the best goalie *ever*. He was the Crosby of the Crease, the Gretzky of Goalkeepers. He is a 1st ballot HHOF inductee. With Alfie we had to constantly try to prove (even to ourselves) that he might get in. Alfie was good but rarely best -- the only time, really, was when he was ROTY, but some of that is because he was in his 20s against younger players.

174Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New Jersey showed Brodeur that they were willing to win at all costs. The Senators have not done the same with Alfie.

175Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:New Jersey showed Brodeur that they were willing to win at all costs.  The Senators have not done the same with Alfie.

Are you Daniel Alfredsson?

176Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:New Jersey showed Brodeur that they were willing to win at all costs.  The Senators have not done the same with Alfie.

No really, it helps when you have one of the best netminders in the history of this specific game in your crease.

177Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:49 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spez, what do you think our roster salary will sit at come October?

178Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Spez, what do you think our roster salary will sit at come October?

About $55-57M would be my guess. And can we stop talking salary versus cap hit? Remember that year Dany Heatbag got paid $4M up front and that didn't even count against the Sens' cap? The cap hit doesn't change; the salary goes up and down, but in the end it's a wash.

179Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Spez, what do you think our roster salary will sit at come October?
dunno about spez but round 58 mill like i said before, and i stand by it.

180Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:05 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We're at $48.5M in actual salary now, $50.5M in cap.

How are we going to get up all the way to $55M-$57M?

181Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No idea. 1.2 for Condra plus 3 for Cowen plus 1.5 for Wiercioch.  So 56 minimum, probably around there.  Room for another move, but again why do you care about cap and money right now?  Is this team not good?  So what if the cap and salary is low?  Just more to play with at the deadline - or more likely next summer in ufa.

182Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:We're at $48.5M in actual salary now, $50.5M in cap.

How are we going to get up all the way to $55M-$57M?

Condra: $1.2M
Wiercioch: $1.8M
Cowen: $3.5M

Those are somewhat optimistic numbers but that's $6.5M and takes us to $57. Add $1M for injury callups and then $2-3M for a deadline trade.

183Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 12 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:49 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Remember, as a cap team the Sens broke even if they made the 2nd round. Each home playoff game is $1M net, so "2nd round" means 4-5 home games. That means if we operate $5M below cap we should be breaking even, and any home playoff revenue is gravy. That was based on the cap from at least one season back. I "guesstimate" that $55M is break-even if tickets go back to pre-lockout levels (recall there were lots of specials last season).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum