GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 22]

91Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:40 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:
LeKing wrote:http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Wow the guy had a tough childhood...great story

Wow......reading that has to make you feel more confident that Ryan could be here longer than 2 years no problem.

Tim Murray was asked that question last night after the scrimmage. Of course they will do whatever they can to sign him. He also mentioned Ryan has friends in Ottawa. So maybe.. unless the GF doesn't like the cold.

92Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

More puck bunnies in Canada than California...let's hope b rye can make decisions for himself without influence from his significant other. Call it the pronger syndrome

93Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he doesn't sign by late July of next year, we need to carefully weigh our options. The kids CANNOT walk after 2 years after what we paid.

94Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:If he doesn't sign by late July of next year, we need to carefully weigh our options.  The kids CANNOT walk after 2 years after what we paid.

I agree, he just can't. you need to keep him or trade him for a prospect and a top 6 at the deadline next year. maybe a sign and trade with philly.
I really hope he like ottawa because he could be great on the 1st line for the next 10 years.

wonder what the price is on Vanek right now Sarcasm might as well go solid.

95Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:If he doesn't sign by late July of next year, we need to carefully weigh our options.  The kids CANNOT walk after 2 years after what we paid.

I agree, he just can't. you need to keep him or trade him for a prospect and a top 6 at the deadline next year. maybe a sign and trade with philly.
I really hope he like ottawa because he could be great on the 1st line for the next 10 years.

wonder what the price is on Vanek right now Sarcasm might as well go solid.

I'd love Vanek, but not real interested in the price right now.  I'd still love Bogo or Boyle, but it sounds like it MIGHT be Ian White.

96Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:I'll admit I jumped on the Anti-Melynk Bandwagon, but finding out Melnyk was willing to pay Alfie, MacArthur, Ryan and still allow Murray to continue his search for a Vet. Dman says all we need to know about where our spending lies.

Whoever said 'spend smartly' is right.

As for Ryan to Philly...it's Philly that was ball-deep after Ryan, not Ryan showing any love to try and get to Philly. Ryan just wanted the trade talk to end, either with a trade or vote of confidence.

Hilarious that you've bought into what Murray said. The Ryan trade was made AFTER Alfie had signed with Detroit. There's a reason for this. Maybe if Murray makes that trade at the draft, Alfie sticks around.

There are three teams spending less than the Sens in the NHL.

97Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:23 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:I'll admit I jumped on the Anti-Melynk Bandwagon, but finding out Melnyk was willing to pay Alfie, MacArthur, Ryan and still allow Murray to continue his search for a Vet. Dman says all we need to know about where our spending lies.

As for Ryan to Philly...it's Philly that was ball-deep after Ryan, not Ryan showing any love to try and get to Philly. Ryan just wanted the trade talk to end, either with a trade or vote of confidence.

Hilarious that you've bought into what Murray said.  The Ryan trade was made AFTER Alfie had signed with Detroit.  There's a reason for this.  Maybe if Murray makes that trade at the draft, Alfie sticks around.  

Murray isn't a guy who lies.

Detroit can spend all the money in the world, they still won't win the Cup. Not with Alfie on the team, that's for sure.

98Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:29 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray has been doing his best to cover up how cheap Melnyk is right now. There's no way the Ryan trade goes down if we resigned Alfie for $5.5M.

99Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:31 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Murray has been doing his best to cover up how cheap Melnyk is right now.  There's no way the Ryan trade goes down if we resigned Alfie for $5.5M.  

Which is why the team is better off now. No way in hell a guy like Alfredsson should be paid $5.5 when a superior Teemu Selanne makes around 4-4.5

100Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:50 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Heard Bobby's interview on CBC Radio and he told Elliotte that the past 2 years have been hard to go to the rink because of all the trade rumours and that now he's more motivated than ever

40 goals.

101Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:57 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Murray has been doing his best to cover up how cheap Melnyk is right now.  There's no way the Ryan trade goes down if we resigned Alfie for $5.5M.  

Which is why the team is better off now. No way in hell a guy like Alfredsson should be paid $5.5 when a superior Teemu Selanne makes around 4-4.5

I agree that we're a better team today than we were before July 5th. I also think that if we weren't on a budget, we'd have MacArthur, Ryan, AND Alfie.

102Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I love Ryan's interview on 1200. He seems like a genuinely nice guy with fantastic character. He wants to call Mac and ask what he wants him to do to prepare. And call Spez to get acquainted. Great stuff.

103Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Plus he's buddies with Turris already. Yeah, Ryan sounded genuinely pumped...love it. He'll be a fan fave pretty quick.

104Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah true. He said he knew Turris well and hung out with him a lot. He was the first guy he called.

105Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:58 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I agree that we're a better team today than we were before July 5th.  I also think that if we weren't on a budget, we'd have MacArthur, Ryan, AND Alfie.

Exactly right, once again, old friend.

106Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:36 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

Hilarious that you've bought into what Murray said.  The Ryan trade was made AFTER Alfie had signed with Detroit.  There's a reason for this.  Maybe if Murray makes that trade at the draft, Alfie sticks around.  

You can believe what you want. Murray only offered the 1st rounder after alfie left, yes. Who's to say he wouldn't have made that same deal even after alfie signed on the dotted line?

I don't deny Melnyk has some money issues, but I just don't see it playing out like this where they wouldn't sign the heart and soul of the franchise over a million bucks dispute.

107Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfie leaving put the Sens over a barrel and Murray had to upgrade the 2nd to a 1st. Anaheim wanted Zibanejad, Noesen and a 1st, Murray countered with Sifverberg, Noesen and 2nd. If Alfie had come back there's no guarantee that Murray would have gotten his way, but at least he would have still had a chance. With Alfie gone the Ducks knew he had lost.

Like I said in another post -- this deal would have been made one way or another, and Alfie leaving just cost us a 1st.

Maybe Alfie was just upset that they were willing to upgrade the 1st line while taking Silfverberg off the 2nd. At this point Alfie is a 2nd line player.

108Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:18 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You can believe what you want. Murray only offered the 1st rounder after alfie left, yes. Who's to say he wouldn't have made that same deal even after alfie signed on the dotted line?

I don't deny Melnyk has some money issues, but I just don't see it playing out like this where they wouldn't sign the heart and soul of the franchise over a million bucks dispute.

Why would you wait until Alfie left to make the Ryan deal...that put us in the WORST possible negotiating position, with Anaheim KNOWING that we needed to pull the trigger. We HAD to make the trade Friday afternoon because we had a PR apocalypse on our hands.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum