GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!!

+16
SensHulk
sandysensfan
Oglethorpe
asq2
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
LeCaptain
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
M_Christopher
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 22]

76Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ok, the Sens made a solid signing in MacArthur yesterday (really solid) and traded for Ryan and they are now well above the cap floor. This thing that Melnyk won't spend is getting a little stupid now that the proof has come out that he will spend when the money is being spent smartly.

77Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:25 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Goddamn I can't wait for the playoffs. Either the Habs, Toronto or Detroit HappyDance1 

78Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:31 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Ok, the Sens made a solid signing in MacArthur yesterday (really solid) and traded for Ryan and they are now well above the cap floor.  This thing that Melnyk won't spend is getting a little stupid now that the proof has come out that he will spend when the money is being spent smartly.  

Somehow Senschirp and Travis Yost will still tell you Melnyk is a cheap basterd.

Of course you won't see in their articles that Michalek, Spezza, Cowen, Zibanejad, Greening, Ryan, Pageau... are gonna get re-signed with more $$$ in the next 2 years.

But if we overpay for a Clarkson for 7 years and then when the time comes to re-up the other players, they're gonna be front line to bash the team's management for bad cap management

79Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Worst part is people listen to those tools. People on the sidelines loves to bash the people that actually have a clue because make believing that they actually have some idea of what's going on is good for their self worth. Worthless bloggers, worthless opinions, and worthless ideas.

80Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Worst part is people listen to those tools.  People on the sidelines loves to bash the people that actually have a clue because make believing that they actually have some idea of what's going on is good for their self worth.  Worthless bloggers, worthless opinions, and worthless ideas.
Facts are that we will be amongst the 3 lowest payrolls this season which is pretty sad considering some of the American markets.

We will see going forward but IMO Melnyk will not be forking out the cash when necessary.

81Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Last edited by Hoags on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

82Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Man, people are already worrying about 2 years down the road before Ryan even plays a game.  Lets see what happens when he becomes a super star in Canada before flipping out about going to Philly in 2 years when they probably won't have any cap space anyways.

I've certainly thought about next summer numerous times concerning Ryan. Come on, it's BS not to at least consider how important it will be to put pen to paper on July 1st next year, we gave up a ton for Ryan - 2 of my favourite prospects, I'd be pissed if it wasn't done the first chance the Sens have. Same with extending Spezza.

83Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Ok, the Sens made a solid signing in MacArthur yesterday (really solid) and traded for Ryan and they are now well above the cap floor.  This thing that Melnyk won't spend is getting a little stupid now that the proof has come out that he will spend when the money is being spent smartly.  

Might very well be a lot more bang for the buck than Clarkson.

84Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:28 pm

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

I'll admit I jumped on the Anti-Melynk Bandwagon, but finding out Melnyk was willing to pay Alfie, MacArthur, Ryan and still allow Murray to continue his search for a Vet. Dman says all we need to know about where our spending lies.

Whoever said 'spend smartly' is right.

As for Ryan to Philly...it's Philly that was ball-deep after Ryan, not Ryan showing any love to try and get to Philly. Ryan just wanted the trade talk to end, either with a trade or vote of confidence.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

85Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Wow the guy had a tough childhood...great story

86Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:57 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

LeKing wrote:http://espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3782270

Wow......reading that has to make you feel more confident that Ryan could be here longer than 2 years no problem.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

87Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:14 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:I'll admit I jumped on the Anti-Melynk Bandwagon, but finding out Melnyk was willing to pay Alfie, MacArthur, Ryan and still allow Murray to continue his search for a Vet. Dman says all we need to know about where our spending lies.

As for Ryan to Philly...it's Philly that was ball-deep after Ryan, not Ryan showing any love to try and get to Philly. Ryan just wanted the trade talk to end, either with a trade or vote of confidence.

what i gathered is that melnyk has only wanted to make good hockey deals instead of overpayments on over th hill guys. he's learned his lesson with kovy. he was in on Nash. what do people do not understand. he's a good owner. it's the media that demonize him.

88Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
M_Christopher wrote:I'll admit I jumped on the Anti-Melynk Bandwagon, but finding out Melnyk was willing to pay Alfie, MacArthur, Ryan and still allow Murray to continue his search for a Vet. Dman says all we need to know about where our spending lies.

what i gathered is that melnyk has only wanted to make good hockey deals instead of overpayments on over th hill guys. he's learned his lesson with kovy. he was in on Nash. what do people do not understand. he's a good owner. it's the media that demonize him.

My sources are now telling me that Ryan to Ottawa is official.

stay tuned

89Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A *must read*. Wow.

90Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:44 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:

Wow......reading that has to make you feel more confident that Ryan could be here longer than 2 years no problem.

He also had no problem playing junior in Owen Sound

91Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:40 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

M_Christopher wrote:

Tim Murray was asked that question last night after the scrimmage. Of course they will do whatever they can to sign him. He also mentioned Ryan has friends in Ottawa. So maybe.. unless the GF doesn't like the cold.

92Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:34 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

More puck bunnies in Canada than California...let's hope b rye can make decisions for himself without influence from his significant other. Call it the pronger syndrome

93Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Bobby FING Ryan to Ottawa!! Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he doesn't sign by late July of next year, we need to carefully weigh our options. The kids CANNOT walk after 2 years after what we paid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum