GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

121SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

I think it's ok, It would not thrill me but I guess we have better offensive players that are ready to take roster spots.

122SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. After seeing what Bickell got from Chicago it's not unreal to expect Greening to get 3 mil plus on a long term deal... hell, he will. You have guys like Stone, Noesen, Puempel, DD, and even Lazar now all competing for a spot and the best player will play. Greening can be replaced pretty easily from within the organization.

Blum, while this is a risky move that may totally fail it's also possible that he becomes a solid NHLer on a team that is more suitable to his skill set. Nashville it's tough for an offensive guy to really shine, in Ottawa it might not be. Ottawa needs a RH shot on the blueline and Blum fits into the age group too.

IMO it's a move that makes sense for both sides but a little more towards Nashville who doesn't need Blum at all and Greening is coming off a solid playoff.

123SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah it's not the end of the world if Colin "Charmin" Greening was traded, but I'm not sure about Blum.

If it didn't work out it's not like we don't have a slew of bottom 6ers to replace him well.

124SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:56 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't understand these rumours though. Why do radio stations get leaks?

125SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:57 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:yeah it's not the end of the world if Colin "Charmin" Greening was traded, but I'm not sure about Blum.

If it didn't work out it's not like we don't have a slew of bottom 6ers to replace him well.  

Exactly. It's a move that makes sense and that's what you want your team doing. Blum may bomb here and Greening may shine in Nashville if it does happen but Greening isn't going to be resign anyways so may as well move him for something you can use. Also gives Ceci a lot of time to develop under Richardson.

126SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The time to trade Greening was when he got 17 as a rookie and made an All Star appearance. He's big, fast and has a hell of a shot. Can he be replaced? Partially, for sure. But whoever replaces him will take a couple of years before he contributes at a comparable level.

We do need a RHS D-man, but we also need a D-man to play 22+ minutes to replace Gonchar. I guess since we didn't make any trades at the draft we'd do something a bit more substantial now. Of course it's just a rumour at this point.

127SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:yeah it's not the end of the world if Colin "Charmin" Greening was traded, but I'm not sure about Blum.

Exactly.  It's a move that makes sense and that's what you want your team doing.  Blum may bomb here and Greening may shine in Nashville if it does happen but Greening isn't going to be resign anyways so may as well move him for something you can use.  Also gives Ceci a lot of time to develop under Richardson.

Hmmm...

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 4m
Don't think there is anything to these reports Colin Greening is going to Nashville. Two sides discussed an extension Sunday. #Sens

128SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:19 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:The time to trade Greening was when he got 17 as a rookie and made an All Star appearance.   He's big, fast and has a hell of a shot.   Can he be replaced?  Partially, for sure.  But whoever replaces him will take a couple of years before he contributes at a comparable level.  

We do need a RHS D-man, but we also need a D-man to play 22+ minutes to replace Gonchar.  I guess since we didn't make any trades at the draft we'd do something a bit more substantial now.  Of course it's just a rumour at this point.

That's an extremely relative comment. Does moving Greening mean that a spot on the top line with Spezza opens up and Puempel comes in and scores 20? Does that mean that the 4th line has a wing going spare and does that mean DD comes in full time or Lazar makes noise at camp and is given a shot? Greening can be replaced and replaced pretty easily. He won't be back after this year coming up anyways, he will be asking for way too much and way too much term.

129SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Exactly.  It's a move that makes sense and that's what you want your team doing.  Blum may bomb here and Greening may shine in Nashville if it does happen but Greening isn't going to be resign anyways so may as well move him for something you can use.  Also gives Ceci a lot of time to develop under Richardson.

Hmmm...

Don't think there is anything to these reports Colin Greening is going to Nashville. Two sides discussed an extension Sunday. #Sens

Is Garrioch ever right? If they are talking extension it will be well below what he could get on the open market. Anything above 3 mil and it's probably too much for the Sens IMO but I'm not privy to any kind of info.

130SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:23 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'll say this tough, Ellis is another guy that could be on the move with Jones being drafted.

131SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Hmmm...

Is Garrioch ever right?  If they are talking extension it will be well below what he could get on the open market.  Anything above 3 mil and it's probably too much for the Sens IMO but I'm not privy to any kind of info.

If you can keep Greening for Smith money, I'd say you do it... and then ship out Smith. Greening is like 1 of 4-5 guys on our roster who showed that he has another gear come playoffs.

132SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

For sure, he's exactly the type of player that is a big time player in the playoffs but with that said I don't think he is signing for anything under 2 mil, no chance. He also has a hard time being consistent which is an issue but Greening can play on any team in the NHL at any time.

That said... gotta give to get and all things considered it would make sense to move him if the right deal came along. For Blum? Like I said it might be an overpayment for sure but for someone else... Ellis? Could be just about right.

133SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'd have to think though, if the Sens are ready to move Greening, wouldn't it be better to package him to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan?

134SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:For sure, he's exactly the type of player that is a big time player in the playoffs but with that said I don't think he is signing for anything under 2 mil, no chance.  He also has a hard time being consistent which is an issue but Greening can play on any team in the NHL at any time.  

That said... gotta give to get and all things considered it would make sense to move him if the right deal came along.  For Blum?  Like I said it might be an overpayment for sure but for someone else... Ellis?  Could be just about right.

You may be right about the $ thing. Hard to tell with that one. I don't think a Smith-like deal is out of the realm of possibility, tho' -- the length of that deal offsets the lower per year payout. I dunno.

Don't know how I'd feel about Ellis... was never really a fan of that guy. At least he would be insulated here, I suppose -- but then again, with Weber, Josi, and Klein, he should be insulated in NSH, and yet Trotz continues to distrust him and limit his ice time. Ellis's career pretty much since the year after he was drafted has been rather shoddy, too; he has not figured out how to make his offensive game translate in the pros... not the NHL, and not the AHL either.

135SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:39 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

D men have a tough time producing any kind of offense when Weber/Suter get/got 2 mins on every PP and the group of forwards they play with can't really score either. Blum and Ellis would do a lot better in an offensive type of system and they are both RH D men... might not get a lot of time behind Karlsson either. IMO Ellis wouldn't fit in like Blum but either guy is a good second option. Could be a good compliment beside Cowen too.

136SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd prefer not to deal Greening - especially for Blum personally. Smith, yeah, no problem, Greening - problem.

137SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd prefer not to deal Greening - especially for Blum personally.  Smith, yeah, no problem, Greening - problem.

And what does Greening get next year? He's on the exact same level as Bickell and he just got a 16 million dollar deal.

138SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 9 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'd prefer not to deal Greening - especially for Blum personally.  Smith, yeah, no problem, Greening - problem.

And what does Greening get next year? He's on the exact same level as Bickell and he just got a 16 million dollar deal.

I'm not sure. I'd assume 2.5 X 3 for Greening. Bickell made his mark in the playoffs as well don't forget. 9 goals, 17 points in 23 games took Bickell from 2.5-3 to 4.

Greening's worth 2.5, if it's anything more then I guess I see the point of trading him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum