GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 18]

76SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

You'd need to trade with Carolina and then you're giving up Cowen

77SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nope, I think he's gone at 5 no matter what. Depends how they feel about their defence as individuals. If they think Wiercioch is going to be top 4 I would part with Cowen... if interally they don't have that kind of faith in Wiercioch then you are looking at the 17th, next years 1st, and at least Weircioch.

78SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:45 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:You'd need to trade with Carolina and then you're giving up Cowen

Thus far Cowen is all potential and has a history of injuries... tough call.

79SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd give a ton for Neal.

80SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:47 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Right, and I'd imagine Carolina would want more than just Cowen? So you're giving up Cowen+ for Monahan. From an organizational perspective, it's a risky move. We'd then have to address adding two top 4 d-men in the near term as well as adding a top-six forward which given the 'budget' I am not sure we can afford to do.

The moves I see Murray making are to trade packages of players/prospects for affordable players who can step in now and make an impact.

81SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:47 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:if you want to talk about trading for any established NHLer today... it's Edler.

Don't know why he'd be available, but yep, if he were, that one's a no brainer, handedness be damned.

82SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A player who can probably step in now and have an impact? Monahan.

83SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:49 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I admittedly don't know much about Monahan other than the fact that he put up good numbers on a brutal 67s team.

I think the organization is better off acquiring sure things than prospects given their depth at just about every position.

84SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I admittedly don't know much about Monahan other than the fact that he put up good numbers on a brutal 67s team.

I think the organization is better off acquiring sure things than prospects given their depth at just about every position.

Monahan is a sure thing for sure most part. Last year he goes 2nd overall if the draft was had with him in it. Monahan could very well be a franchise player, you don't give that up because he's a prospect lol.

85SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Doubt that.

86SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oglethorpe wrote:
Doubt that.

That's exactly who they would want. Might be a good move because fact is you can draft a #3, 4 D man (which is what they want Cowen to be in Ottawa) in the later rounds or even sign/trade for them. A guy like Monahan could be had maybe once a decade from the 5th spot.

87SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Right, and I'd imagine Carolina would want more than just Cowen? So you're giving up Cowen+ for Monahan. From an organizational perspective, it's a risky move. We'd then have to address adding two top 4 d-men in the near term as well as adding a top-six forward which given the 'budget' I am not sure we can afford to do.

The moves I see Murray making are to trade packages of players/prospects for affordable players who can step in now and make an impact.  
Cowen + would get into the top 3.

88SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:All this to say Murray has a ton of high-potential prospects in the system and for them to take the next step, they'll need to make a move to address their top-six holes.

Zibanejad as it stands now doesn't have a top-six position slated as it is. Between Greening, Hoffman, Puempel, Noesen, Grant, Conacher, Stone, Prince, Cowick you have to assume one or two of those guys can factor into the top-six within the next two/three seasons.

Zibanejad is too good to be a third-line player on this team, and his value now is at an all-time high. Given the financial constraints of some of these teams the value of Zib grows even higher considering he can be an impact player at a relatively cheap cost. For now anyway

Top six for the Sens are: Spezza, Michalek, Alfredsson, Turris and two out of the following: Zibanejad, Silfverberg, Conacher, Pageau, Greening. The first three are bound to miss 30-40 games between the three of them, and Alfie may not be a top-six player next year. So we absolutely have room for Zibanejad, assumign he does a better job of it than three of Silfverberg, Conacher, Pageau and Greening. He did better than Silfverberg and Greening last year already. Pageau is a wildcard. Conacher's numbers were inflated playing with StLouis and Lecavalier so no guarantees, there.

89SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:55 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Right, and I'd imagine Carolina would want more than just Cowen? So you're giving up Cowen+ for Monahan. From an organizational perspective, it's a risky move. We'd then have to address adding two top 4 d-men in the near term as well as adding a top-six forward which given the 'budget' I am not sure we can afford to do.

Cowen + would get into the top 3.

No it wouldnt

90SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
Doubt that.

That's exactly who they would want.  Might be a good move because fact is you can draft a #3, 4 D man (which is what they want Cowen to be in Ottawa) in the later rounds or even sign/trade for them.  A guy like Monahan could be had maybe once a decade from the 5th spot.

Without Cowen you are weakening the team right now and hoping Monahan makes up for it. No guarantee you replace Cowen either.

91SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As much as that could be a mistake, we managed without Cowen for most of the season. Cowen has alaso had two major surgeries by a fairly young age. He could be a beast or he could be a bust. Tough call, for sure, but Monahan could be worth it.

92SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:58 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I'd look at Conacher as being more of a wildcard. He needs to figure out what his game is. Too many times, especially against Pitt, he seemed more focused on being a pest than putting the puck in the net. I'm really not sure what to make of him

93SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oh Cowen is guarantee? I like him a lot, think he could be a big time player for a long, long time. But if you want to use the "Monahan isn't proven"... then Cowen is extremely injury prone and has had 2 major surgeries. Does that trend continue? Does he even reach his potential?

Monahan is more of a sure thing as #1 center than Cowen is a #1 d man. What's harder to obtain? #2, 3 D man or a #1 center? #1 centers can only be had int he draft... you get one chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum