GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/06/28/ottawa-senators-gm-bryan-murray-unable-to-move-up-from-no-17-spot-in-pre-draft-trade-talks

What is a high asking price? Well, one team wanted the Senators to package up centre Kyle Turris and the No. 1 pick to move up in the draft. Turris is one of the club's building blocks, so that's not going to happen.

LOL we're not moving up in the draft.

2SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:00 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/06/28/ottawa-senators-gm-bryan-murray-unable-to-move-up-from-no-17-spot-in-pre-draft-trade-talks

What is a high asking price? Well, one team wanted the Senators to package up centre Kyle Turris and the No. 1 pick to move up in the draft. Turris is one of the club's building blocks, so that's not going to happen.

LOL we're not moving up in the draft.

mmmhhhhh, how far up we're we looking to go up?Whaaa? top 5???

3SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Turris my Donkey.

4SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:38 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Well, if it's a top 3 pick Adios Kyle Laugh1 Laugh1

5SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:i think benoit will be a cheaper alternative given his ties to the city. that being said, i'd prefer wiercioch on the roster over benoit. perhaps we wont see the results right away, but certainly down the road wiercioch will be a more valuable asset to the team - even if the team decides to trade him

Benoit doesn't want to be the cheaper alternative. At his age, he wants to get a good contract now, and that means trying free agency.

6SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:33 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Well, if it's a top 3 pick Adios Kyle Laugh1 Laugh1
obviously but honestly they want the moon for one of those 3. it be our first, cowen, zib and a maybe another 1st for that 1st overall.

7SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
And they didn't.  What does that tell you?  His numbers were better than Benoit's.  That's it.  Even the +/- which you will all scoff at, but they were.

Wiercioch was a 1st year rookie.  As good as he was, MacLean wanted guys with experience in the playoffs if he had any choice.  We had tons of rookies in the lineup as is. He was out of the lineup as soon as Cowen was ready to play.

Wiercioch wouldn't even have played in the NHL if Cowen didn't get hurt.

Benoit also had much more pro experience which put him in over Wiercioch.

You're right that Benoit had more professional experience, yet Wiercioch has more NHL games. There is a reason why Benoit has taken this long to (hopefully, for him) land a 1-way contract. Kudos on him for sticking around this long. I hope he gets a nice contract like Carkner did, but it won't be in Ottawa.

Wiercioch did more in fewer years. The talent level is higher even if pro experience is not.

8SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:35 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:i think benoit will be a cheaper alternative given his ties to the city. that being said, i'd prefer wiercioch on the roster over benoit. perhaps we wont see the results right away, but certainly down the road wiercioch will be a more valuable asset to the team - even if the team decides to trade him

Benoit doesn't want to be the cheaper alternative.  At his age, he wants to get a good contract now, and that means trying free agency.  
honestly i'm not sure if that many teams would be after benoit if he hits free agency. he's a 7th Dman. his best bet is probably to stay with ottawa. get a 750,000-900,000 one way deal.

9SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Gil Roy Gil Roy ‏@GilroyTX 23m

@SunGarrioch @tpanotchCSN @JoshuaCooper @Russostrib Four team trade in the works between Sens, Flyers, Preds and Wild. More detail shortly.

don't know who this Gil roy fella is but this was retweeded.

Is that "Notch"?

10SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

Benoit doesn't want to be the cheaper alternative.  At his age, he wants to get a good contract now, and that means trying free agency.  
honestly i'm not sure if that many teams would be after benoit if he hits free agency. he's a 7th Dman. his best bet is probably to stay with ottawa. get a 750,000-900,000 one way deal.

He's not going to get a 1-way. They need a RHS defenseman; he is not. They need a guy who can replace Gonchar's 25 minutes; he can't. They will need him in Bingo until injuries hit in Ottawa. Wiercioch will be re-signed because even in the worst case he has trade value.

11SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gonchar averaged 24 minutes in the regular season. Without Karlsson for most of it.

Karlsson replaces about 10 of those minutes. They don't need somebody to fill in for 25 minutes.

12SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Gonchar averaged 24 minutes in the regular season. Without Karlsson for most of it.

Karlsson replaces about 10 of those minutes. They don't need somebody to fill in for 25 minutes.

They need someone to play 2nd pairing right-side. I don't want to experiment with Gryba doing it over 82+ games. If Ceci is ready then I guess they could do the 2A/2B pairings and split the minutes that way, but I seriously doubt that happens, at least not until mid-way through the AHL season at the earliest.

My gut says they pick up a RHS D-man and Wiercioch is the #7.

13SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I legitimately believe Ceci will have a mini-tryout to start the year, the way they've been talking about him.

14SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:45 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I legitimately believe Ceci will have a mini-tryout to start the year, the way they've been talking about him.

Offensively he could slide in quite well... but defensively he needs a lot of work. I don't think they will rush him into the NHL.

Apparently Ference's rights are being shopped. Is that something the Sens would do?

15SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I legitimately believe Ceci will have a mini-tryout to start the year, the way they've been talking about him.

Sandy's been saying he's nowhere near ready defensively. I think she's seen a few 67s games (sadly, I didn't go to a single one).

Anyhow, yeah, they're high on him, but you don't see a lot of 19-year-old defensemen in the league. Even Karlsson got sent down in his first season (and I wonder if he would have done even more if he had spend half a season down there to start).

We'll see. Richardson's been doing a great job with the prospects and they might want to leave him down there for a little while just to learn from Luke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum