GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 18]

16SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I legitimately believe Ceci will have a mini-tryout to start the year, the way they've been talking about him.

17SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:45 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:I legitimately believe Ceci will have a mini-tryout to start the year, the way they've been talking about him.

Offensively he could slide in quite well... but defensively he needs a lot of work. I don't think they will rush him into the NHL.

Apparently Ference's rights are being shopped. Is that something the Sens would do?

18SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:47 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I legitimately believe Ceci will have a mini-tryout to start the year, the way they've been talking about him.

Sandy's been saying he's nowhere near ready defensively. I think she's seen a few 67s games (sadly, I didn't go to a single one).

Anyhow, yeah, they're high on him, but you don't see a lot of 19-year-old defensemen in the league. Even Karlsson got sent down in his first season (and I wonder if he would have done even more if he had spend half a season down there to start).

We'll see. Richardson's been doing a great job with the prospects and they might want to leave him down there for a little while just to learn from Luke.

19SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:08 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Tim Murray said he was very average in Ottawa, got better in Owen Sound, then looked great in Binghamton.

20SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:13 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:

Sandy's been saying he's nowhere near ready defensively.  I think she's seen a few 67s games (sadly, I didn't go to a single one).

Anyhow, yeah, they're high on him, but you don't see a lot of 19-year-old defensemen in the league.   Even Karlsson got sent down in his first season (and I wonder if he would have done even more if he had spend half a season down there to start).  

We'll see.  Richardson's been doing a great job with the prospects and they might want to leave him down there for a little while just to learn from Luke.

I saw quite a bit of the 67's during the lockout. Of course on that bad 67's team any defensemen would struggle. But I think a year with Richardson will work wonders for this kid...

21SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:Tim Murray said he was very average in Ottawa, got better in Owen Sound, then looked great in Binghamton.

He played a total of 6 games in Bingo -- 3 in the regular season and 3 more in the payoffs. Not to discount what Tim Murray said, but that is a very small sample size.

22SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:24 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Sandy's been saying he's nowhere near ready defensively.  I think she's seen a few 67s games (sadly, I didn't go to a single one).

Anyhow, yeah, they're high on him, but you don't see a lot of 19-year-old defensemen in the league.   Even Karlsson got sent down in his first season (and I wonder if he would have done even more if he had spend half a season down there to start).  

We'll see.  Richardson's been doing a great job with the prospects and they might want to leave him down there for a little while just to learn from Luke.

I saw quite a bit of the 67's during the lockout.  Of course on that bad 67's team any defensemen would struggle.  But I think a year with Richardson will work wonders for this kid...

Unless what you see is what you get.

Neither Richardson or "Mac" have a magic wand.

23SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports 11m
B.Murray says he's heard rumors of substantial players being available. Says he hasn't had a call to participate in that kind of action.

24SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:11 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 39m
Bryan Murray says he hasn't made any call to Vinny Lecavalier's camp. #Sens

25SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Unless what you see is what you get.

Neither Richardson or "Mac" have a magic wand.

And what they saw was a kid on a bad team, get traded to a better team, start to play better, then move on to a pro-team and (admittedly, in a very small sample size of games) do even better.

If you think the way that a prospect is brought up -- the coaching he receives in the pros, the management of his minutes if/when he is called up, opportunities given -- do not have a significant impact development, then I guess you haven't been following what's been happening with the Jackets, Oilers, Avalanche and a few other teams. Consistently picking in the top-10 yet with little to show for it.

26SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:AJ Jakubec ‏@AJonSports 11m
B.Murray says he's heard rumors of substantial players being available. Says he hasn't had a call to participate in that kind of action.

Murray says stuff Sarcasm 

27SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:23 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I just read that Dallas is interested in Lecavalier. Lecavalier interested in a longer-term deal. 3-4 years my guess at $4-5M per season. Dallas seems like a likely destination - smaller market, less pressure, similar makings of the Lightning. Not entirely sure how Dallas would be able to add Lecavalier to their roster without trimming some salary.

Dallas as a potential trade partner seems more and more likely and they have a ton of assets that the Sens could be interested in.

28SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well that was a surprised -- Wiercioch got married yesterday. Congrats. And if you think his last name is unusual, his bride's first name is "Kresson".

Edit: Here's their registry: http://registry.theknot.com/kresson-vreeman-patrick-wiercioch-june-2013-mn/1802468

29SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Can Daniel Aldredsson play in another city than Ottawa next season ? I've been told yes, but his priority is to play for the Senators. #RDS

:crossarms: 

30SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Dallas as a potential trade partner seems more and more likely and they have a ton of assets that the Sens could be interested in.  

EK is doing some legwork for BM:

https://twitter.com/ErikKarlsson65/status/351044896955707393
Woooooops .!!!!! #lalala pic.twitter.com/awb4UMKxZ8

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 WxoLIKB

31SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is that Eriksson?

32SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:18 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Is that Eriksson?

Yep...

33SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 2 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and they're drinking wonderful Thai singa beer! luck bastards.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum