GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 18]

136SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:45 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd prefer not to deal Greening - especially for Blum personally. Smith, yeah, no problem, Greening - problem.

137SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'd prefer not to deal Greening - especially for Blum personally.  Smith, yeah, no problem, Greening - problem.

And what does Greening get next year? He's on the exact same level as Bickell and he just got a 16 million dollar deal.

138SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'd prefer not to deal Greening - especially for Blum personally.  Smith, yeah, no problem, Greening - problem.

And what does Greening get next year? He's on the exact same level as Bickell and he just got a 16 million dollar deal.

I'm not sure. I'd assume 2.5 X 3 for Greening. Bickell made his mark in the playoffs as well don't forget. 9 goals, 17 points in 23 games took Bickell from 2.5-3 to 4.

Greening's worth 2.5, if it's anything more then I guess I see the point of trading him.

139SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:50 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:D men have a tough time producing any kind of offense when Weber/Suter get/got 2 mins on every PP and the group of forwards they play with can't really score either.  Blum and Ellis would do a lot better in an offensive type of system and they are both RH D men... might not get a lot of time behind Karlsson either.  IMO Ellis wouldn't fit in like Blum but either guy is a good second option.  Could be a good compliment beside Cowen too.

It will be interesting to see how BM handles the D situation. For me, we really need to add one RHS -- but the question is, will it be an established guy who pushes Gryba down to the bottom pairing, or a young guy like Ellis/Blum who will have to compete with Gryba all year to earn his ice time. I also feel like we need a legitimate LHS threat from the point and maybe Wiercioch is that guy, but don't know how you do that if you've got Methot, Cowen, and Phillips.

Doing nothing to replace Gonchar would be, for me, a big mistake. We need a RHS who can play 18-20 minutes a game, but we also need space for a strong LHS. And the more I look at our roster, the less space I see for everyone we have, never mind what happens if we sign any UFAs whatsoever. Should be an interesting summer ahead of us.

140SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'm not sure.  I'd assume 2.5 X 3 for Greening.  Bickell made his mark in the playoffs as well don't forget.  9 goals, 17 points in 23 games took Bickell from 2.5-3 to 4.

Greening's worth 2.5, if it's anything more then I guess I see the point of trading him.

2.5 for Greening is best case scenario for the Sens... like very best.

141SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:

I'm not sure.  I'd assume 2.5 X 3 for Greening.  Bickell made his mark in the playoffs as well don't forget.  9 goals, 17 points in 23 games took Bickell from 2.5-3 to 4.

2.5 for Greening is best case scenario for the Sens... like very best.

It's a good scenario, but Greening has to weigh his options right now. Does he ride it out and hope for a career year, or does he sign a 3 year, 7 million ish contract now, not get traded and be a part of something special here.

One of them has to go I'd assume, Smith or Greening - or Conacher I guess, but I doubt that happens. Condra's safe too, he's a great player. Neil is safe, Z-Bad is likely safe, same with Silf unless it's for Bogosian, so we're about to have too many forwards.

142SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Greening is going to get at least 3 mil over 3, 4 years. It's going to happen. If he scores 20 he won't be coming back, no chance.

143SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hard to say. They're apparently working on an extension (according to Garrioch). Sometimes the grass isn't greener. We set him up with Spezza and he was very solid, but without Spezza, he's a 3rd liner who is wildly inconsistent. If 3 million is his demands, then he's easy trade bait.

144SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:02 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If it was Klein for Greening... that's an easy call IMO.

145SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:If it was Klein for Greening... that's an easy call IMO.

Yeah no kidding lol, it's....definitely not. Or, I hope it is, but it itsn't.

146SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:For sure, he's exactly the type of player that is a big time player in the playoffs but with that said I don't think he is signing for anything under 2 mil, no chance.  He also has a hard time being consistent which is an issue but Greening can play on any team in the NHL at any time.  

That said... gotta give to get and all things considered it would make sense to move him if the right deal came along.  For Blum?  Like I said it might be an overpayment for sure but for someone else... Ellis?  Could be just about right.

We don't have a lot of playoff warriors. You that sure you want to trade this kind of grit?
SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Colin-greening

147SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

220 NHL games versus 153. PPG is .4 verus .45 (not a huge difference but a difference none the less). And Bickell is coming off a phenomenal playoff run. 3 goals and 4 points in 10 games is pretty good but 9/8/17 in 23 is much, much better.

Could he get $3M? Could well be, but not $4 X 4.

148SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

A cut on the face...? Yah, painful but there isn't a player in the NHL that wouldn't play through that. Greening is def a player that could move on and Ottawa really wouldn't miss a step. In the right deal yah, Greening is a piece that could move.

149SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Ballard on waivers, FYI.

150SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

220 NHL games versus 153.  PPG is .4 verus .45 (not a huge difference but a difference none the less).  And Bickell is coming off a phenomenal playoff run.  3 goals and 4 points in 10 games is pretty good but 9/8/17 in 23 is much, much better.

Could he get $3M?  Could well be, but not $4 X 4.

If Greening scores 20 goals he's getting 3 mil a year min. If he doesn't then he will still get well over 2 mil on a long term deal. If Ottawa can lock him up for 3 years at 2.5 mil then sure but teams will always over pay for guys like Greening.

151SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

rooneypoo wrote:Ballard on waivers, FYI.

Be interesting to see if anyone touches that contract.

152SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Ballard on waivers, FYI.

Be interesting to see if anyone touches that contract.

Two more years at $4.2 mil. I dunno. Ballard was a pretty solid Dman before he ended up in VAN. He would be a good fit here, I'd think.

Ah, a lefty. Scratch all that. Pass.

153SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 10 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:37 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cant nickel and dime your own players and then go out and pick up a guy who is more of a 2-3 mil player making 4.2 for the next couple years. Tough move to make and explain to people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum