GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 18]

256SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Puempel-Zibanejad-Noesen for the line rush drill at the scrimmage, according to @SensProspects. Puempel just scored with a beauty wrister.

Drool.

257SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:"I don't think we'll be a floor team. I don't think we'll be a cap team. We'll fall somewhere in there," says Murray.

A perfectly reasonable situation with all the NHL-calibre youth we have.
Finally, that sounds a lot more like the type of talk we should be hearing. Sens will probably be around 58 mill next year

258SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:21 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:"I don't think we'll be a floor team. I don't think we'll be a cap team. We'll fall somewhere in there," says Murray.

Finally, that sounds a lot more like the type of talk we should be hearing. Sens will probably be around 58 mill next year

LOL. Wouldn't go that high.

259SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:"Regardless of which team signs him, TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger told TSN Radio 690 on Thursday morning that Briere is looking for a one-year deal."

Even better.

You do realize that he's down to a short list of 3 which doesn't include Ottawa, right?

If you don't mind me saying: short list according to who?  No one's on the inside right now, I don't believe it for a second.  NJ, Montreal and Washington?  Don't believe it, but then again, wouldn't be surprised.

This, among others:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
I believe the final 3 on Daniel Briere are the Devils, Predators and Habs

Also, the latest is that apparently he's all but agreed on a deal with the Habs.

260SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

LOL.  Wouldn't go that high.
if we land clarkson and resign alfie combined that could be 10-12 mill that's brings us to 53-55,500. you still have to sign weir and condra. not too far.

261SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

LOL.  Wouldn't go that high.

That sounds right to be honest.

262SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
A name to watch tomorrow: Minny's Pierre-Marc Bouchard. The 29-year-old looking for a short-term deal. #NHL #Sens

i wonder if Boo Boo is implying we're in on PMB

263SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Leafs are probably offering Clarkson the moon at this point. THey have tons of cap space.
If CLarkson chooses Ottawa, our reputation around the league would have definitely changed.

264SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Leafs are probably offering Clarkson the moon at this point. THey have tons of cap space.
If CLarkson chooses Ottawa, our reputation around the league would have definitely changed.
Maybe he's not interested in being part of the gong show.

265SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:56 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:Leafs are probably offering Clarkson the moon at this point. THey have tons of cap space.

The Leafs have 12 players signed (7F; 4D; 1G) and now with the Grabovski buyout they have about 24M in cap space to sign about 9 or 10 players.

Sens have 19 players signed and about 22M in cap space..

I would bet they figure they have Clarkson on their team, because he is a local guy.

266SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:51 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, the Leafs don't have as much cap space as you think, just because they need to sign a bunch of players. Also, they will be shelling out big bucks for a centre, and Bernier needs a contract.

267SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

They are going after Wiess first and foremost, they need a center.  Maybe they snag Ribiero but he doesn't strike me as a Carlyle type player.  If the Leafs sign Wiess I will be doing back flips because they are screwing themselves like the Leafs of old.  

They do have to resign Bernier and Kadri though, so there is probably 7-8 mil gone right away.  The will dish out about 6 mil for a center, so that's 13-14 mil.  They have 10 left to sign 7-9 players, they only have so much to offer Clarkson where the Sens have more than enough. That doesn't even include the Leafs spending any money on their D. I think Clarkson is a pipe dream for Toronto but we will see.

268SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:57 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Notch:

On top of the Alfredsson signing today, I fully expect one of Ty Wishart or Jonathon Blum also be added to the Sens. Both are right handed shots and will be a cheap contract with no risk.

Sarcasm Sarcasm 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum