GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013

+13
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
NEELY
M_Christopher
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
sandysensfan
Ev
wprager
LeCaptain
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Hoags
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 18]

106SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:24 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

How much worse is he than having an injured Cowen all season?

107SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:26 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:How much worse is he than having an injured Cowen all season?

Cowen's had one injury the last 4 years. ONE.

He won't get injured again.

108SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Right, and I'd imagine Carolina would want more than just Cowen? So you're giving up Cowen+ for Monahan. From an organizational perspective, it's a risky move. We'd then have to address adding two top 4 d-men in the near term as well as adding a top-six forward which given the 'budget' I am not sure we can afford to do.

The moves I see Murray making are to trade packages of players/prospects for affordable players who can step in now and make an impact.  
Cowen + would get into the top 3.

No it wouldnt
LOL you say that without knowing what would be added.  Lets go with Cowen + 3 1st round picks.

Regardless, Murray is not going to move Cowen, nor is he going to try to move up into the top 3.
\

Sorry, JOB + might happen then too.

109SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not overly high on Cowen myself. Going back to his WJHC days I wasn't very impressed and with his past injuries I'm not sure he'll top out the way Ottawa had originally hoped. That said, moving him now would be detrimental and forces Murray to acquire two top-four d-men assuming the role can't be filled internally.

Karlsson, Methot, Phillips, Gryba, Wiercioch, Boro/Benoit doesn't really instill any type of confidence. That said, acquiring Douglas Murrary or another towering d-man makes this problem vanish instantly.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch games outside of the Sens.

110SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Right, and I'd imagine Carolina would want more than just Cowen? So you're giving up Cowen+ for Monahan. From an organizational perspective, it's a risky move. We'd then have to address adding two top 4 d-men in the near term as well as adding a top-six forward which given the 'budget' I am not sure we can afford to do.

The moves I see Murray making are to trade packages of players/prospects for affordable players who can step in now and make an impact.  

No it wouldnt
LOL you say that without knowing what would be added.  Lets go with Cowen + 3 1st round picks.

Regardless, Murray is not going to move Cowen, nor is he going to try to move up into the top 3.
\

Sign me up.

My point was that Cowen is being way undervalued around here.

111SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:33 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Under valued? We are talking about trading Cowen for a possible franchise #1 center. How the hell is that under rating him at all? Hell, if anything it's a great compliment because that's the only way you get a player like Monahan.

112SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:35 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

No it wouldnt

\

Sign me up.

Yup and I think Monahan is being overvalued for being a 67. Who knows if they even like him.

113SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:39 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

On the topic of over and under-valued, Mike Smith just signed an extension. Looks like Craig Anderson could very well be the best 'value' in the NHL given his term and stats.

114SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

No it wouldnt

\

Sign me up.

Yup and I think Monahan is being overvalued for being a 67. Who knows if they even like him.

So he's going to be picked at worst 7th overall because he is a 67? He would be top 5 for sure if his team wasn't the worst in Canada

115SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:55 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

No it wouldnt

\

Sign me up.

So he's going to be picked at worst 7th overall because he is a 67?  He would be top 5 for sure if his team wasn't the worst in Canada

No I'm talking about saying he can be a franchise centre. That's if everything went perfect with a lot of luck.

and say what you want about the 67's but there's no way they should have been that bad, and Monahan didn't step it up

116SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:

No it wouldnt

\

Sign me up.

So he's going to be picked at worst 7th overall because he is a 67?  He would be top 5 for sure if his team wasn't the worst in Canada

No I'm talking about saying he can be a franchise centre. That's if everything went perfect with a lot of luck.

and say what you want about the 67's but there's no way they should have been that bad, and Monahan didn't step it up

Totally agree.

117SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Rumor of Greening for Blum.

That would suck.

118SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:45 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Rumor of Greening for Blum.

That would suck.

Source?

119SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:
Ev wrote:Rumor of Greening for Blum.

That would suck.

Source?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1458889

120SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I wouldn't mind that too much... Blum is a very young D man and for the most part this is the point in their development where they take the next step and find their game. Not playing on the greatest Nashville team either. Greening is going to price himself out of Ottawa next year anyways and he still has value. Might be a bit of an overpayment by Ottawa but a decent move IMO from a position of strength.

121SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:51 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I think it's ok, It would not thrill me but I guess we have better offensive players that are ready to take roster spots.

122SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Exactly. After seeing what Bickell got from Chicago it's not unreal to expect Greening to get 3 mil plus on a long term deal... hell, he will. You have guys like Stone, Noesen, Puempel, DD, and even Lazar now all competing for a spot and the best player will play. Greening can be replaced pretty easily from within the organization.

Blum, while this is a risky move that may totally fail it's also possible that he becomes a solid NHLer on a team that is more suitable to his skill set. Nashville it's tough for an offensive guy to really shine, in Ottawa it might not be. Ottawa needs a RH shot on the blueline and Blum fits into the age group too.

IMO it's a move that makes sense for both sides but a little more towards Nashville who doesn't need Blum at all and Greening is coming off a solid playoff.

123SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: SENS OFF-SEASON TALK 2013 Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:55 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah it's not the end of the world if Colin "Charmin" Greening was traded, but I'm not sure about Blum.

If it didn't work out it's not like we don't have a slew of bottom 6ers to replace him well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum