GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread

+29
NEELY
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
Straight Shooter
stempniaksen
tim1_2
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Hoags
The Silfer Server
SDH89
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
TheAvatar
22_4_ever
CockRoche
SensHulk
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
ddt
Ev
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
LeCaptain
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

46The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:02 pm

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:By the way, we've got at least five female members now -- two of them post quite regularly; a third one is a bit streaky.

Woohoo. My wife can stop calling this a sausage fest. Wink Seriously though what does that have to do with tank nation?

Re-read the first post. Carefully.

Now you're finding inventive ways to point out spelling mistakes. Subtle.

There was absolutely *nothing* in my posts about spelling. The OP said "lady and gents" -- very clearly (in my mind, at least) implying that SensGirl11 is the only female poster (or the only *regular* one). Not a typo (plural of "lady" would require the 'y' to be changed to 'ie') or a spelling mistake.

Thanks for the spelling lesson. By the way, plural of lady would require the "y" to be changed to ies not ie. Don't quit your day job in favour of tutoring.

How exactly is the OP implying that? That's ridiculous. It's quite evident that it's a typo, particularly considering the source, who clearly knows that there is more than one lady on this site. Therefore, it seems very clear in my mind, at least, that this is nothing more than another jab at someone's spelling.

47The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:14 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:By the way, we've got at least five female members now -- two of them post quite regularly; a third one is a bit streaky.

Woohoo. My wife can stop calling this a sausage fest. Wink Seriously though what does that have to do with tank nation?

There was absolutely *nothing* in my posts about spelling. The OP said "lady and gents" -- very clearly (in my mind, at least) implying that SensGirl11 is the only female poster (or the only *regular* one). Not a typo (plural of "lady" would require the 'y' to be changed to 'ie') or a spelling mistake.

Thanks for the spelling lesson. By the way, plural of lady would require the "y" to be changed to ies not ie. Don't quit your day job in favour of tutoring.

How exactly is the OP implying that? That's ridiculous. It's quite evident that it's a typo, particularly considering the source, who clearly knows that there is more than one lady on this site. Therefore, it seems very clear in my mind, at least, that this is nothing more than another jab at someone's spelling.

I swear on a stack of Hockey magazines that I was not correcting spelling or typos. In *my* opinion the OP was clearly addressing *one* lady and many gents. The point I made about 'ie' and not 'y' was that *if* he had made a typo by missing the 's', it would have been "Ladie and gents" Since it was "Lady and gents" I was pretty sure he was addressing one female member and multiple male ones.

48The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:32 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

since we're all about changing topics, I'll weigh in on this. instead of the bickering back and forth, why don't you just wait for marakh to respond...

but if I have to pick sides, I think its more likely that he intended to write lady rather than it being a typo.....then again, maybe he tried to write 'ladys' and it automatically changed it Laugh1

49The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:40 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

In his defense, I did that on purpose The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 54934

I don't like making mistakes even on a message board, so next time if you see a flagrant typo like that, just assume it's on purpose until proven otherwise.

Alright, is everyone happy now? The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 54934

As for the number of chicks on this board, well I know there are more that are registered but I kind of only thought about SG since she's the only one posting regularly. Sorry for the others, but don't worry, I still love you The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 270956

50The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 pm

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I don't like making mistakes even on a message board,

Haha. Same here.

51The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:21 pm

marakh wrote:
hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

In his defense, I did that on purpose The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 54934

I don't like making mistakes even on a message board, so next time if you see a flagrant typo like that, just assume it's on purpose until proven otherwise.

Alright, is everyone happy now? The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 54934

As for the number of chicks on this board, well I know there are more that are registered but I kind of only thought about SG since she's the only one posting regularly. Sorry for the others, but don't worry, I still love you The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 270956

That's all fine and dandy, but sort of irrelevant to the point I was making originally. wprager has repeatedly made an effort to correct other posters grammar and spelling and this certainly falls right along side with that sort of thing, which is his apparent pathological need to correct everyone about everything. It's annoying, and it's why I speak up about it. The fact that he took the time to correct you by stating the fact that there are other females on this site, when he knows damn well that you know it too, is just further proof to me that he somehow feels the do this sort of thing. I don't like it, and so, I speak up about it, even if it means I am no longer "one of the good ones" anymore.

52The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hemlock, can you point to a recent post -- not made up -- where I corrected someone's grammar? I've been defending myself against accusations of being a Grammar Nazi, but if you check my record you will see that I have not really indulged in that particular pastime for a while; certainly not with the frequency that is implied in your posts.

So give it a rest, please.

53The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

*pulls up a chair*

*makes popcorn*

*fantasizes about buying new tires while waiting for the next round of exchanges*

54The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Hemlock, can you point to a recent post -- not made up -- where I corrected someone's grammar? I've been defending myself against accusations of being a Grammar Nazi, but if you check my record you will see that I have not really indulged in that particular pastime for a while; certainly not with the frequency that is implied in your posts.

Holy Crap...if I didn't know better I'd think some of you guys were teenagers with complexes.

you're splitting hairs asking when was the last time you corrected someones grammar. Grammar maybe not, but spelling yes. Does it matter...that's what you do..that's your schtick. Some like it some don't.

Rooney challenges peoples position on things and pushes them to justify their statements. That's his thing...

Others Wing Dang Doodle and moan, others complain about the complaining..big deal.

My ONLY issue with any of this, is how quickly it hijacks a thread and becomes the main focus. I don't know what any of this has to do with the Sens Tanking.

I have no problem reading the back and forth, it's funny sometimes and it reminds me of a bunch of kids getting all worked up over what one another says about their girlfriends/moms/sisters. I'm a simple man, or at least I like to think I am, but I guess words is often what starts wars, but really? Do things always need to come to this? I used to read this board as a guest for a long time and only recently started posting, but my god it's gone from a board with great hockey talk most of the time, to a board that starts off with great hockey talk and turns in to a Wing Dang Doodle and moan fest about one another.

My grammar and spelling suck! I'll post things that no one else will agree with and I don't care if they see eye to eye with me. What I'm looking for is for good insight into what everyone is thinking ABOUT THE NHL, and come to one place to get all my hockey info.

The only problem with all of it, is that it makes reading through posts extremely hard to find the hockey content among the non-hockey drivel.

Now that I've offended everyone from Hemlock, to Wprager, to Rooneypoo...i'll go to bed and let the Wing Dang Doodle fest continue.

Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

55The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

*pulls chair even closer*

*upgrades to scotch*

56The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:37 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Uh oh..he's switched to scotch...for me that means one thing..

He's mulling over how he's going to kill me now that I've pissed him off.

57The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:43 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

58The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:45 am

22_4_ever wrote:
wprager wrote:Hemlock, can you point to a recent post -- not made up -- where I corrected someone's grammar? I've been defending myself against accusations of being a Grammar Nazi, but if you check my record you will see that I have not really indulged in that particular pastime for a while; certainly not with the frequency that is implied in your posts.

Holy Crap...if I didn't know better I'd think some of you guys were teenagers with complexes.

you're splitting hairs asking when was the last time you corrected someones grammar. Grammar maybe not, but spelling yes. Does it matter...that's what you do..that's your schtick. Some like it some don't.

Rooney challenges peoples position on things and pushes them to justify their statements. That's his thing...

Others Wing Dang Doodle and moan, others complain about the complaining..big deal.

My ONLY issue with any of this, is how quickly it hijacks a thread and becomes the main focus. I don't know what any of this has to do with the Sens Tanking.

I have no problem reading the back and forth, it's funny sometimes and it reminds me of a bunch of kids getting all worked up over what one another says about their girlfriends/moms/sisters. I'm a simple man, or at least I like to think I am, but I guess words is often what starts wars, but really? Do things always need to come to this? I used to read this board as a guest for a long time and only recently started posting, but my god it's gone from a board with great hockey talk most of the time, to a board that starts off with great hockey talk and turns in to a Wing Dang Doodle and moan fest about one another.

My grammar and spelling suck! I'll post things that no one else will agree with and I don't care if they see eye to eye with me. What I'm looking for is for good insight into what everyone is thinking ABOUT THE NHL, and come to one place to get all my hockey info.

The only problem with all of it, is that it makes reading through posts extremely hard to find the hockey content among the non-hockey drivel.

Now that I've offended everyone from Hemlock, to Wprager, to Rooneypoo...i'll go to bed and let the Wing Dang Doodle fest continue.

Thanks for giving me a place to vent.

You certainly haven't offended me. You are right that these squabbles sometimes highjack threads, but for the most part this site stays on the rails, and is still the best site around bar none to talk hockey.

59The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 am

I don't need to point to a post. You know as well as I do, that you tend to do this sort of thing. In fact, you have in the past taken issue with people who disagree with your opinion, such as telling me I "used to be one of the good ones" for not agreeing with your lofty opinions. You yourself freely acknowledged that you do/have done it, as evidenced by the part I bolded, so why would I need to provide proof?

Nothing more needs to be said here.

60The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:24 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

22_4_ever wrote:Uh oh..he's switched to scotch...for me that means one thing..

He's mulling over how he's going to kill me now that I've pissed him off.

Nonsense! If anything, I consider the statement that I "challenge people's position on things and push them to justify their statements" to be the highest of praise. If that is my rep, then I have succeeded in the persona I have sought to develop.

Nod

I just know it rains hellfire when I "get off topic" -- stern warnings in threads & PMs, ritual personal rippings in the public forums that I can't respond to (literally, my posts get deleted) because then I'd be getting personal (i.e., the basest of base hypocrisies, justified with the worst sort of self-righteous cant), & the shutting down of threads.

So, I'm a keen spectator when it comes to seeing how others are treated when the exact same thing is happening elsewhere. Hence I sit, popcorn & drink in hand, enraptured, as I await the display of fire & brimstone, & justice for all.

61The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:36 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Crucial game tonight, if we lose and one of NY or NJ wins their next game, we're in Landeskog/RNH territory. Couturier is still fine though.

62The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:54 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Crucial game tonight, if we lose and one of NY or NJ wins their next game, we're in Landeskog/RNH territory. Couturier is still fine though.

A bottom four finish has to be the goal, minimum. I don't want to pick 5th or lower, that's for sure.

63The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official 2011 Tank Nation thread Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:13 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

I don't need to point to a post. You know as well as I do, that you tend to do this sort of thing. In fact, you have in the past taken issue with people who disagree with your opinion, such as telling me I "used to be one of the good ones" for not agreeing with your lofty opinions. You yourself freely acknowledged that you do/have done it, as evidenced by the part I bolded, so why would I need to provide proof?

Nothing more needs to be said here.

That's good because you sound like 2 10 year olds having an argument in the school yard ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum