GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010

+14
asq2
Bramlet07
spader
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
CockRoche
SensHulk
Ev
PKC
stempniaksen
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Ottawa @ Carolina, Nov 17, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap236%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap221%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Whom did Staal board? Like I said, he's clearly kicking when you're down.

and good for him. This team just finished getting outscored 15-3 in their last 2 games. They should be trying to score as many goals as they can (and dish out as many hits as they can).

Yeah, thanks for educating me there. You must work in customer support.

No.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sorry, it's an old Microsoft joke, not a serious guess.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

That was pretty bad. Roche called it, they were clearly physically and mentally exhausted. I hope we can all accept that this wasn't a day when the boys were going to be in the zone.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sorry, it's an old Microsoft joke, not a serious guess.

Oh, alright then. I guess it would be funny if I understood it Smile

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:That was pretty bad. Roche called it, they were clearly physically and mentally exhausted. I hope we can all accept that this wasn't a day when the boys were going to be in the zone.

I wasn't trying to be right or wrong, I was just trying to prepare you guys for what I called a "foregone conclusion".

There was no possible way Ottawa was going to win this game and I think you guys saw that tonight.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
It's not as simple as that. Not even close. Your comment is an insult to the Sens and believe it or not, to the Richardson family as well. For someone who speaks volumes of his own children (I think it is you at least), you should know better.

I won't even get into the mental drain they are feeling right now from the funeral; I will just talk about their schedule. These guys are programmed. It is beyond a routine for them. To try and compare their mental and energy dump they have every game with your life of supper, kids, wife and then your once a week beer league is laughable.

Actually, I don't even feel like getting into in right now, but I will say that if Ottawa wins this game I will be stunned. It is almost a foregone conclusion that Carolina is in for an easy game. This game for Carolina is as easy a win as last year when Ottawa played Minnesota after all the Wild's equipment caught on fire.

They got to grieve during the 3rd period of the Flyers game, now they have to focus tonight. An easy win for Carolina will make me very upset. I can't begin to understand what the Richardsons are going through, but I don't want that as an excuse tonight - last game, yes, I can take that, this game...no thanks. Do it for Luke, he doesn't want the players to mope around during a game as their assistant coach, I guarantee it.

You don't understand how fatigued the players are right now; in every possible way, they are exhausted.

I don't mean to be so matter of fact on this issue, but I have zero expectations for the Sens tonight because of what they are going through. Emotions, travel schedule, funeral, emotion, travel schedule, routine thrown off and an in-your-face Hurricanes team; it's a recipe for a tough game ahead.

I will send you a private message shortly.

Why send him a PM? Whatever you have to say, you can say it publicly.

EDIT: That was a bit uncalled for, my bad.

What did you say?

I have no problems sending you the private message I sent to SpezDispenser and Wprager.

Last edited by CockRoche on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:man-o-man-o-man Facepalm

do we ever suck. i'm sorry, there's no excuse for this.

Don't embarrass yourself; you are better than that.

I tried to be as polite as possible when explaining what the players are feeling right now. I'm not sure there is anything more to say about this game and the expected outcome.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The edit in my post was because I thought I was wrong for saying: "Whatever you have to say, you can say it publicly." It wasn't editing anything else out of the post Smile

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Why the hell is Alfie on the ice in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period when we're losing 1,000,000 to 1 ?!? Really, why?

Also, did cc even use our timeout in the 1st? I'm not saying we would've won the game if he had but ... you know ...

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:Why the hell is Alfie on the ice in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period when we're losing 1,000,000 to 1 ?!? Really, why?Also, did cc even use our timeout in the 1st? I'm not saying we would've won the game if he had but ... you know ...

Because he is the leader of the Ottawa Senators. When everybody else on the team just wanted to go home, he was out there showing every player that there will be better days ahead and that he will take it from here.

Alfie asked to be out there; I assure you of that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:

Don't embarrass yourself; you are better than that.I tried to be as polite as possible when explaining what the players are feeling right now. I'm not sure there is anything more to say about this game and the expected outcome.
i can understand all the reasons that we can end up playing bad but there is no way to explain playingTHAT bad. 7-1? no way. sorry.
and don't bring this condescending crap to me.^^^^

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Why the hell is Alfie on the ice in the last 2 minutes of the 3rd period when we're losing 1,000,000 to 1 ?!? Really, why?Also, did cc even use our timeout in the 1st? I'm not saying we would've won the game if he had but ... you know ...

Because he is the leader of the Ottawa Senators. When everybody else on the team just wanted to go home, he was out there showing every player that there will be better days ahead and that he will take it from here.

Alfie asked to be out there; I assure you of that.

I don't care what he asked for. It was dumb and irresponsible to put him there at this point in the game. Just a dumb move by clouston.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Don't embarrass yourself; you are better than that.I tried to be as polite as possible when explaining what the players are feeling right now. I'm not sure there is anything more to say about this game and the expected outcome.
i can understand all the reasons that we can end up playing bad but there is no way to explain playingTHAT bad. 7-1? no way. sorry.

Yeah, that was my opinion as well

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I'm not even watching the game to be honest, but I "watched" the 1st, and the only thing I can say is that Carolina should be a little more classy tonight. I get that they need to win, I have no problem with that, but there's no need to celebrate every goal.

Actually, that doesn't bother me too much; they've also been through some tough times (on the ice I mean) so they're having some fun. I take great offense at the Staal hit on Alfie though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As I was telling CR, I had not taken into consideration that emotion is such a huge component of hockey (most sports, actually). They were emotionally drained. Heck, I felt emotionally tired after reading the synopsis of the 2 hours memorial.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Not trying to be condescending at all, but you need to step into their shoes and try and think like them for a second and realize that every aspect of their lives has just been turned upside down over the last couple days.

I'm surprised it was only 7-1.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:What is a "TSN2"? Dammit!

TSN 1 + 1 ???

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote: