GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010

+14
asq2
Bramlet07
spader
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
CockRoche
SensHulk
Ev
PKC
stempniaksen
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Ottawa @ Carolina, Nov 17, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap236%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap221%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Does no one read the whole GDT? Every GDT that wprager and I put out has Spread the Word! Follow us on Twitter at the end. Facepalm

No they just get their jollies posting "Aaaaahhhh yeeeaaahhh", "source?" and "CONFIRMED!!!!"

Children.

stempniaksen

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Does no one read the whole GDT? Every GDT that wprager and I put out has Spread the Word! Follow us on Twitter at the end. Facepalm

Honestly I get to "key injuries" and call it a day Laugh1

Might have to boot up the 'ol twitter page and "friend" you or whatever the kids are calling it.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

No they just get their jollies posting "Aaaaahhhh yeeeaaahhh", "source?" and "CONFIRMED!!!!"

Children.

I get my jollies from Costco...12 pack format.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Children.

Seems like a lot of money but you end up saving about 6 cents per unit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, so I tweeted it, but Shabbs used to ad a link to the tweet, I think. Ho does that go? How do I get a link to a tweet?

GM Hockey has a twitter account? You learn something new everyday.

So, I should see the "Followers" count going up by one, yes?

stempniaksen wrote:[On a game related note, I don't have a great feeling about this one. All the emotion weighing on the players + ceremony cutting into routine (not that anyone with half a brain holds it against the team for going) + Cane's on the road (minimal success there) = tough situation

Hopefully our boys can rally around each other and come out with a big effort.

EDIT: Hilarious post considering SpezD's post right before this. I'm giving them a whole book of excuses but he is right, they do have to come out and at least show an effort.

Yikes. I guess forget the afternoon nap. By the time they get to Carolina and their hotel rooms, they won't have much time to do anything but unpack and head to the rink. Kinda like the way all of us do in the beer leagues, right? Get home, supper with the family, put the kids to bed, kiss the wife and head out to the rink. Andy of you ever take a nap before a 10PM ice time? Nah, didn't think so. I don't ever want to hear excuses like that. Even if you get into your room at 2AM, sleep in the next day. Sure your rhythm gets broken but don't tell me you can't concentrate for 40 seconds at a time at 7PM.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Children.

Costco has jollies in 12 packs? Not the one in Kanata.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Children.

Seems like a lot of money but you end up saving about 6 cents per unit.

Reminds me of an old Steve Martin routine:

Yeah, I make a lot of money ...
Bought cardboard when it was only 3 cents a ton...
It's now up to 12 cents ...
And I bought 4 tons of it, keep it in my basement, so that's ... let's see ...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just don't lose. Make the slogan 'win it for Luke' or whatever needs to be said.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What about the Kovalev poll option?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:What about the Kovalev poll option?

I left it up to wprager to decide if he wants to add it or not.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No one thinks Ottawa will win tonight? 3 votes for Reginomics and 2 votes for Carolina win.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted. I usually don't, but I think they'll do it for Luke personally. They had their game to be upset and lose, now they need to bounce back and win for a former teammate whose heart is broken (not that he'd care right now).

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think anyone should be too angry if the sens lose today. Regardless of what happens, there are just more important things happening than how you play on the ice, so if they lose tonight, I hope we're not all up in arms.

If they win, that's just gravy.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:
wprager wrote:OK, so I tweeted it, but Shabbs used to ad a link to the tweet, I think. Ho does that go? How do I get a link to a tweet?

GM Hockey has a twitter account? You learn something new everyday.

So, I should see the "Followers" count going up by one, yes?

stempniaksen wrote:[On a game related note, I don't have a great feeling about this one. All the emotion weighing on the players + ceremony cutting into routine (not that anyone with half a brain holds it against the team for going) + Cane's on the road (minimal success there) = tough situation

Hopefully our boys can rally around each other and come out with a big effort.

EDIT: Hilarious post considering SpezD's post right before this. I'm giving them a whole book of excuses but he is right, they do have to come out and at least show an effort.

Yikes. I guess forget the afternoon nap. By the time they get to Carolina and their hotel rooms, they won't have much time to do anything but unpack and head to the rink. Kinda like the way all of us do in the beer leagues, right? Get home, supper with the family, put the kids to bed, kiss the wife and head out to the rink. Andy of you ever take a nap before a 10PM ice time? Nah, didn't think so. I don't ever want to hear excuses like that. Even if you get into your room at 2AM, sleep in the next day. Sure your rhythm gets broken but don't tell me you can't concentrate for 40 seconds at a time at 7PM.

If I did it right the followers did indeed go up by one TowelWave

Also, I think it's more than a nap, but I get your point. That being said, something as simple as a routine has the power to change an outcome, especially when they are playing in a tough environment to begin with. If anything it puts them more behind the 8 ball.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Yikes. I guess forget the afternoon nap. By the time they get to Carolina and their hotel rooms, they won't have much time to do anything but unpack and head to the rink. Kinda like the way all of us do in the beer leagues, right? Get home, supper with the family, put the kids to bed, kiss the wife and head out to the rink. Andy of you ever take a nap before a 10PM ice time? Nah, didn't think so. I don't ever want to hear excuses like that. Even if you get into your room at 2AM, sleep in the next day. Sure your rhythm gets broken but don't tell me you can't concentrate for 40 seconds at a time at 7PM.

It's not as simple as that. Not even close. Your comment is an insult to the Sens and believe it or not, to the Richardson family as well. For someone who speaks volumes of his own children (I think it is you at least), you should know better.

I won't even get into the mental drain they are feeling right now from the funeral; I will just talk about their schedule. These guys are programmed. It is beyond a routine for them. To try and compare their mental and energy dump they have every game with your life of supper, kids, wife and then your once a week beer league is laughable.

Actually, I don't even feel like getting into in right now, but I will say that if Ottawa wins this game I will be stunned. It is almost a foregone conclusion that Carolina is in for an easy game. This game for Carolina is as easy a win as last year when Ottawa played Minnesota after all the Wild's equipment caught on fire.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
It's not as simple as that. Not even close. Your comment is an insult to the Sens and believe it or not, to the Richardson family as well. For someone who speaks volumes of his own children (I think it is you at least), you should know better.

I won't even get into the mental drain they are feeling right now from the funeral; I will just talk about their schedule. These guys are programmed. It is beyond a routine for them. To try and compare their mental and energy dump they have every game with your life of supper, kids, wife and then your once a week beer league is laughable.

Actually, I don't even feel like getting into in right now, but I will say that if Ottawa wins this game I will be stunned. It is almost a foregone conclusion that Carolina is in for an easy game. This game for Carolina is as easy a win as last year when Ottawa played Minnesota after all the Wild's equipment caught on fire.

They got to grieve during the 3rd period of the Flyers game, now they have to focus tonight. An easy win for Carolina will make me very upset. I can't begin to understand what the Richardsons are going through, but I don't want that as an excuse tonight - last game, yes, I can take that, this game...no thanks. Do it for Luke, he doesn't want the players to mope around during a game as their assistant coach, I guarantee it.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

They got to grieve during the 3rd period of the Flyers game, now they have to focus tonight. An easy win for Carolina will make me very upset. I can't begin to understand what the Richardsons are going through, but I don't want that as an excuse tonight - last game, yes, I can take that, this game...no thanks. Do it for Luke, he doesn't want the players to mope around during a game as their assistant coach, I guarantee it.

Not gonna happen - even though Carolina is without 2 key players because of a trade that just happened.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
Not gonna happen - even though Carolina is without 2 key players because of a trade that just happened.

Tonight I think they're gonna respond positively and 'do it for Luke', but I could be dead wrong.

As for that trade...words don't describe how dumb it was. Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum