GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010

+14
asq2
Bramlet07
spader
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
CockRoche
SensHulk
Ev
PKC
stempniaksen
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Ottawa @ Carolina, Nov 17, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap236%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap221%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol people at hfboards blaming it on the refs Facepalm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:At least I have Staal in some pools TowelWave

Eric Staal is a heartless b*st*rd.

The refs, too. Call the interference against Alfie on the PK (when they went up 3-0). Call the hook against the Sen (forget who) trying to clear the puck when the Canes player grabbed his skates with his stick. Bah! If you can't find it in your heart to be a little more forgiving to a grieving team (like the call on Gonchar -- he was lunging for the puck and the guy fell over/ran into him) then at least call the BS ones both ways.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:lol people at hfboards blaming it on the refs Facepalm

Nah, can't blame the outcome on the refs, but don't tell me that they are calling the game evenly.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This has to be karlsson's worst game....maybe as a senator. Then again, it's not surprising the sens are being outworked so badly. I didn't realize Carolina was off for four days and they've had all that time to think of those blowout losses. No brainer what's gonna happen

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Nah, can't blame the outcome on the refs, but don't tell me that they are calling the game evenly.

I think they've been fair. When you're a fan you think your team is always getting the shaft.

The refs shouldn't let some stuff go because the team is "grieving".

I am with Michallica; I'm not even mad at this performance. Much more important things going on.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

The refs, too. Call the interference against Alfie on the PK (when they went up 3-0). Call the hook against the Sen (forget who) trying to clear the puck when the Canes player grabbed his skates with his stick. Bah! If you can't find it in your heart to be a little more forgiving to a grieving team (like the call on Gonchar -- he was lunging for the puck and the guy fell over/ran into him) then at least call the BS ones both ways.

Are you suggesting that Staal is heartless because he's dominating against a grieving team?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

And defi, officiating has been brutal. Carolina is flying out there, but they've been the beneficiaries of 'looking the other way when the canes interfere on the sens'

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

Are you suggesting that Staal is heartless because he's dominating against a grieving team?

Yeah WTF, how is Staal heartless? Did you forget to put a Sarcasm in the post.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Sens *clearly* are getting the shaft. Maybe not all the time, but ever since Clouston came in and said something a while back we've been getting a lot more calls than we had before.

On the PK, the puck was going behind the net and Alfie went to chase after it. He was nowhere near the puck. Some Cane player skated right into him and pushed him toward the boards. It was not a case of the Cane player also going for the puck because he clearly was not taking the shortest route to the rubber.

Gonchar lunged to keep the puck in. Guy ran into him. Really?

And I haven't looked, but I bet Michalek is getting a penalty on the stuff at the whistle. And we all know that LaRose is an elite puck handler and not a plug. Right.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Atta boy Winchester.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I think they've been fair. When you're a fan you think your team is always getting the shaft.

The refs shouldn't let some stuff go because the team is "grieving".

I am with Michallica; I'm not even mad at this performance. Much more important things going on.

Yeah for sure. Will be interesting to see how leclaire plays tho.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

My disdain for Eric Staal goes way back. He just rubs me the wrong way. *Never* could stand him. Please don't ask me to explain any further. Here, have a few of these if it helps:
Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm

Someone said "there's more important things going on". To me it looks like padding his stats is the most important thing right now.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

My disdain for Eric Staal goes way back. He just rubs me the wrong way. *Never* could stand him. Please don't ask me to explain any further. Here, have a few of these if it helps:

Someone said "there's more important things going on". To me it looks like padding his stats is the most important thing right now.

So you are suggesting that he's heartless for playing well against a grieving team. If the roles were reversed, I think we'd all have some choice words if the Sens eased up on a team because of a tragedy suffered by the opponent.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whom did Staal board? Like I said, he's clearly kicking when you're down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:

So you are suggesting that he's heartless for playing well against a grieving team. If the roles were reversed, I think we'd all have some choice words if the Sens eased up on a team because of a tragedy suffered by the opponent.

Ease up? No, but when it's 4-0 and the other team is barely trying, why go boarding someone?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In retrospect, maybe staying in Ottawa would have been a better option.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Michalek has been truculent this game. Belligerent, even.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Michalek has been truculent this game. Belligerent, even.

Yeah, too bad he doesn't play for the six-straight-powerplays Leafs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum