GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010

+14
asq2
Bramlet07
spader
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
CockRoche
SensHulk
Ev
PKC
stempniaksen
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Ottawa @ Carolina, Nov 17, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap236%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap221%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:man-o-man-o-man Facepalm

do we ever suck. i'm sorry, there's no excuse for this.

Don't embarrass yourself; you are better than that.I tried to be as polite as possible when explaining what the players are feeling right now. I'm not sure there is anything more to say about this game and the expected outcome.
i can understand all the reasons that we can end up playing bad but there is no way to explain playingTHAT bad. 7-1? no way. sorry.
and don't bring this condescending crap to me.^^^^

Not trying to be condescending at all, but you need to step into their shoes and try and think like them for a second and realize that every aspect of their lives has just been turned upside down over the last couple days.

I'm surprised it was only 7-1.

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:What is a "TSN2"? Dammit!

TSN 1 + 1 ???

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
I'm surprised it was only 7-1.

Now you're just being silly Eyebrow

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

TheAvatar wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Don't embarrass yourself; you are better than that.I tried to be as polite as possible when explaining what the players are feeling right now. I'm not sure there is anything more to say about this game and the expected outcome.
i can understand all the reasons that we can end up playing bad but there is no way to explain playingTHAT bad. 7-1? no way. sorry.

Yeah, that was my opinion as well

Meh.

This game and the baggage it carried hits home with me. I knew the truth would hurt some people and I have to understand that not everybody is going to be able to seperate themselves from the fan that only wants to see wins at all costs.

No more from me on this topic in the public section. If people want to talk, I will in private.

Last edited by CockRoche on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Lighten up everyone. U guys need to catch the tsp highlights and see the butchering of 'o canada' in Raleigh tonight....and the subsequent reactions of Chris Kelly and Jason spezza Laugh1

If someone finds video, plz post!

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

CockRoche wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Meh.

This game and the baggage it carried hits home with me. I knew the truth would hurt some people and I have to understand that not everybody is going to be able to seperate themselves from the fan that only wants to see wins at all costs.

No more from me on this topic in the public section. If people want to talk, I will in private.

Enough about the edit : DAMN private messages. I didn't object to what you said on topic but the "don't embarass yourself, you're better than this" Dung was out of line. period.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

TheAvatar wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

Meh.

Enough about the edit : DAMN private messages. I didn't object to what you said on topic but the "don't embarass yourself, you're better than this" Dung was out of line. period.

I disagree. I think there is absolute validity in what he's saying. Maybe the tone is too harsh, but he's right that there are times when a loss should be taken with a grain of salt.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

a loss can be taken. the way we lost was ridiculous.
roche's coment was condescending and his "my logic is better then all" approach has been wearing itself thin lately. HE might think the sens had all the reasons in the world to lose, i'll tell you what i think it's a poormans excuse. i've lost a father and several friends. the first i was out for the count. but to be honest as far as friends are concerned, sure if your friends lose a someone you feel bad, but honestly it doesn;t blow your world appart. not 7-1 anyways. enough said. i'm not having this conversation again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:a loss can be taken. the way we lost was ridiculous.
roche's coment was condescending and his "my logic is better then all" approach has been wearing itself thin lately. HE might think the sens had all the reasons in the world to lose, i'll tell you what i think it's a poormans excuse. i've lost a father and several friends. the first i was out for the count. but to be honest as far as friends are concerned, sure if your friends lose a someone you feel bad, but honestly it doesn;t blow your world appart. not 7-1 anyways. enough said. i'm not having this conversation again.

Why? Did we lose 4 points? Sometimes a blow-out is easier to get over because it clearly *is* a Mulligan. If anything, it may bring the team closer together because it is *clear* how much they were all impacted by the events. And, at the risk of -- I dunno, something -- someone brought up the point about Luke not really caring much about them "Winning one for Luke". Well, maybe losing in such a spectacular fashion, will show Luke just *how much* they are all affected by his grief and, maybe, make it just a little bit easier for him.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So, I just heard about the botched "O'Canada" performance and had to see it myself. Funny cause it is so bad, and Jason Spezza's reaction made it hard not to laugh. But pretty sad that a singer cannot properly sing the National anthems properly. Not that it would have made a difference, but this just shows it wasn't the Sens night from before the puck drop, for more reason's than discussed.

You can see it on TSN's main page in the highlights.

"With glowing hearts, we see the rise, the true north strong and free.
With glowing hearts, we stand on guard, we stand on guard for thee" Facepalm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It was funny to see chris kelly shake his head too. and yeah spezza bursting into laughter was great. You can spot one of the trainers shake his head as well.

well, at least the anthem singer stayed in tune and didn't stop.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza was the most obvious, but yeah I noticed the subtle head shake from Kelly just now on TSN. Just one of those "wow" moments. The guys deserved better. Certainly a day to forget for many reasons.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How many mulligans are we to give Phillips and Fisher? There was an excuse for this game if we want to play that card, but really, when is someone gonna call out Phillips and Fisher? Between them they take up 7.7 million in cap space and frankly - neither one is doing much to deserve any of these mulligans for when things get tough.

Poor Phillips, because you know people won't be forgiving forever. I'm a big fan of Big Rig and would still do an extension right now for 3.5 X 4, but I'd be slightly more hesitant than I was in the summer (when I would have done it).

Fisher's been beaten to death lately that he's 'hurt' and 'can't initiate contact'. I say: you lace them up, you get assessed - and the assessment isn't positive right now.

Alfie is Alfie, he plays through pain all the time and we can tell when he does (like now). Michalek is going through what must be a very tough time in trying to push himself, but at the same time worry about the knee in the back of your mind.

I guess what'll happen right now is that we'll all forget about the recent struggles of Fisher and Phillips and let them start a fresh page on Friday, but I sure as hell don't want to hear too many more excuses (read no more).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:How many mulligans are we to give Phillips and Fisher? There was an excuse for this game if we want to play that card, but really, when is someone gonna call out Phillips and Fisher? Between them they take up 7.7 million in cap space and frankly - neither one is doing much to deserve any of these mulligans for when things get tough.

Poor Phillips, because you know people won't be forgiving forever. I'm a big fan of Big Rig and would still do an extension right now for 3.5 X 4, but I'd be slightly more hesitant than I was in the summer (when I would have done it).

Fisher's been beaten to death lately that he's 'hurt' and 'can't initiate contact'. I say: you lace them up, you get assessed - and the assessment isn't positive right now.

Alfie is Alfie, he plays through pain all the time and we can tell when he does (like now). Michalek is going through what must be a very tough time in trying to push himself, but at the same time worry about the knee in the back of your mind.

I guess what'll happen right now is that we'll all forget about the recent struggles of Fisher and Phillips and let them start a fresh page on Friday, but I sure as hell don't want to hear too many more excuses (read no more).

yeah, i love big rig but... if we are not for some reason going to make the playoffs, we should maybe think of moving him. we can always pull a "wink, wink. nudge, nudge" and work out his next contract after the season. he might be going thru a tuff period at the moment but he'd be worth alot at the trade deadline... that is, if we aren't going to make the playoffs.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Fisher was brutal yesterday for sure. Yesterday's game by all means has been a free-pass, but tomorrow won't be a free-pass at all.

As the record shows, the sens have been outscored 12-2 in the last 2 games. Offense and special teams have been brutal. I literally cringed ever time the sens go on a powerplay because it usually results in multiple breakaways for the other team. Time to fix these dumb things.

St. Louis is coming off a thumping as well, and they've lost 5 straight. I expect a much closer game tomorrow, but the senators gotta find a way to finish properly. And Fisher needs to sit some games out already.

Let's not forget, Bryan Murray indicated that he would have the extra d-men situation 'resolved' in the next 24 hours or so. Not sure what that means....could be a trade, or could be Hale being sent back to bingo. I'm hoping its the former, as it would be a good kick in the pants for this team to get back on track, and fast. I mean, 60 GA and -13 overall is not playoff material. I'm not mad about yesterday's result, not at all. But sooner or later (sooner please!), these numbers have to change.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
yeah, i love big rig but... if we are not for some reason going to make the playoffs, we should maybe think of moving him. we can always pull a "wink, wink. nudge, nudge" and work out his next contract after the season. he might be going thru a tuff period at the moment but he'd be worth alot at the trade deadline... that is, if we aren't going to make the playoffs.

We're gonna make the playoffs Flo, don't worry, this team has too much talent and pride to miss. They'll work it out - soon - and they won't look back. That's my honest opinion. I get pissed with them a lot, but at the same time, I believe in them.

So, there likely won't be any way out of Phillips, he's here for the year, but he needs to desperately work things out IMO. Watch games tapes of last year when he was playing well, listen to the coaching staff, talk to Gonchar all the time. He needs to get it together - WAY more important than Fisher.

But...does it dissuade Murray from re-signing him? That's the real big question IMO.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Phillips is still struggling with the partnership with Gonchar and is trying to do too much. He's a veteran guy and he'll work through this. He'll figure out how to work off of Sergei and Big Rig will get his long term stability at a nice home town discount most likely in the off season.

I think keeping Phillips here is almost as important and almost as likely as keeping Alfie here IMO.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I think Phillips is still struggling with the partnership with Gonchar and is trying to do too much. He's a veteran guy and he'll work through this. He'll figure out how to work off of Sergei and Big Rig will get his long term stability at a nice home town discount most likely in the off season.

I think keeping Phillips here is almost as important and almost as likely as keeping Alfie here IMO.

I think so too - unless he's gone Cheechoo. I would sign him soon personally, let that come off his mind and let him focus on playing hockey. My $$ is down for him though, I'd like a discount to 3.2 X 4 please. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum