GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010

+14
asq2
Bramlet07
spader
The Silfer Server
Flo The Action
CockRoche
SensHulk
Ev
PKC
stempniaksen
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Ottawa @ Carolina, Nov 17, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap236%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 5 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap221%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap229%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 29% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes - 7:00pm ET - WED. Nov. 17, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
It's not as simple as that. Not even close. Your comment is an insult to the Sens and believe it or not, to the Richardson family as well. For someone who speaks volumes of his own children (I think it is you at least), you should know better.

I won't even get into the mental drain they are feeling right now from the funeral; I will just talk about their schedule. These guys are programmed. It is beyond a routine for them. To try and compare their mental and energy dump they have every game with your life of supper, kids, wife and then your once a week beer league is laughable.

Actually, I don't even feel like getting into in right now, but I will say that if Ottawa wins this game I will be stunned. It is almost a foregone conclusion that Carolina is in for an easy game. This game for Carolina is as easy a win as last year when Ottawa played Minnesota after all the Wild's equipment caught on fire.

They got to grieve during the 3rd period of the Flyers game, now they have to focus tonight. An easy win for Carolina will make me very upset. I can't begin to understand what the Richardsons are going through, but I don't want that as an excuse tonight - last game, yes, I can take that, this game...no thanks. Do it for Luke, he doesn't want the players to mope around during a game as their assistant coach, I guarantee it.

CockRoche

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:
It's not as simple as that. Not even close. Your comment is an insult to the Sens and believe it or not, to the Richardson family as well. For someone who speaks volumes of his own children (I think it is you at least), you should know better.

I won't even get into the mental drain they are feeling right now from the funeral; I will just talk about their schedule. These guys are programmed. It is beyond a routine for them. To try and compare their mental and energy dump they have every game with your life of supper, kids, wife and then your once a week beer league is laughable.

Actually, I don't even feel like getting into in right now, but I will say that if Ottawa wins this game I will be stunned. It is almost a foregone conclusion that Carolina is in for an easy game. This game for Carolina is as easy a win as last year when Ottawa played Minnesota after all the Wild's equipment caught on fire.

They got to grieve during the 3rd period of the Flyers game, now they have to focus tonight. An easy win for Carolina will make me very upset. I can't begin to understand what the Richardsons are going through, but I don't want that as an excuse tonight - last game, yes, I can take that, this game...no thanks. Do it for Luke, he doesn't want the players to mope around during a game as their assistant coach, I guarantee it.

Not gonna happen - even though Carolina is without 2 key players because of a trade that just happened.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

CockRoche wrote:
Not gonna happen - even though Carolina is without 2 key players because of a trade that just happened.

Tonight I think they're gonna respond positively and 'do it for Luke', but I could be dead wrong.

As for that trade...words don't describe how dumb it was. Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just keep Staal and Skinner under wraps and they should win...Ward hasn't been great against the Sens during his career.

andI don't think they will necessarily be "doing it for Luke", I think that was the mantra on Saturday against Boston.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Just don't lose. Make the slogan 'win it for Luke' or whatever needs to be said.

You mean like "Win for Roger"? That didn't exactly work.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Big Ev wrote:What about the Kovalev poll option?

I left it up to wprager to decide if he wants to add it or not.

Like it's a choice. Hah!

Poll added. Multi-pick option added. Change your pick option added.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Just don't lose. Make the slogan 'win it for Luke' or whatever needs to be said.

You mean like "Win for Roger"? That didn't exactly work.

yeah I won't forget that ever. They couldn't win for roger but the devils found a way to win for joe nieuwendyk.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I agree with cockroche though. All signs point to them losing tonight. Short travel, routine change, its all the perfect excuses we hear after a loss. But its exactly what's happened today. From all accounts it was an emotional day today and i don't feel management either will hold it against them for not performing up to par.

So we've got a team that will arrive mere hours before puck drop play in a game that they also know isn't the 'must-win' game. The players changed their schedule around with extra travelling to attend the ceremony, despite Luke Richardson not being present at the ceremony, so it should tell us how emotionally invested the guys were. I mean, Coach hardass himself broke down in tears on saturday night. I'm sure its weighing heavily on his mind as well.

Like I said before, I just hope we fans don't overreact to tonight's performance. if they can manage to win tonight, that's awesome and a testament to their resolve but if we can't allow for a bad performance under such circumstances, then what is our stance really? As fans, we shouldn't be hard on the sens tonight if they can't win. Winning is just a bonus. The win really was the team comradary (sp?) they showed by coming back for one of their own.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

You don't understand how fatigued the players are right now; in every possible way, they are exhausted.

I don't mean to be so matter of fact on this issue, but I have zero expectations for the Sens tonight because of what they are going through. Emotions, travel schedule, funeral, emotion, travel schedule, routine thrown off and an in-your-face Hurricanes team; it's a recipe for a tough game ahead.

I will send you a private message shortly.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

As someone who *can* at least begin to understand what Luke is going through, I can also say that anything to focus your mind on other than the grief can be almost a welcome relief. Luke doesn't have that "luxury" as right now his family needs his support as much as he needs theirs. The players, though, is another story.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CockRoche wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

You don't understand how fatigued the players are right now; in every possible way, they are exhausted.

I don't mean to be so matter of fact on this issue, but I have zero expectations for the Sens tonight because of what they are going through. Emotions, travel schedule, funeral, emotion, travel schedule, routine thrown off and an in-your-face Hurricanes team; it's a recipe for a tough game ahead.

I will send you a private message shortly.

Why send him a PM? Whatever you have to say, you can say it publicly.

EDIT: That was a bit uncalled for, my bad.

Last edited by Big Ev on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

does anyone have a stream?

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

http://www.atdhe.net/28514/watch-ottawa-senators-vs-carolina-hurricanes

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://atdhe.net/28514/watch-ottawa-senators-vs-carolina-hurricanes

Last edited by Flo The Action on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : guess it started working at the same time.)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Facepalm 'it's like being bit in the Donkey by your own.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What is a "TSN2"? Dammit!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

karlsson, the new penalty king!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action