GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010

+23
CockRoche
Bramlet07
Flo The Action
Amnesia021
Hobiesens
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
stempniaksen
SensGirl11
garblar
TheAvatar
Ev
wprager
dennycrane
PTFlea
SensHulk
shabbs
rooneypoo
beerandsens
PKC
Cap'n Clutch
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Carolina @ Ottawa Oct 14, 2010

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_lcap260%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010

GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Large @ GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Large

A storm's a brewin'?

The Sens are coming off a hard fought battle with the Caps that saw their hard work come to a disappointing end when Leclaire let in a stinker of a goal 5 hole. If he can clear up mental mistakes like that he could be stellar for us. It's also time for the top guys to start producing. It's at least a good sign that Gonchar stepped up vs. the Caps and logged an impressive 29 plus minutes of ice time and looked solid in all areas of the ice.

This will be another tough battle for the Sens and they better not take the Canes lightly because they are off to a nice start and Ward is looking quite good in net. It's going to take another strong effort (perhaps no softies Leclaire?) to get the elusive first win of the season. No need to panic just yet but, things need to turn around quickly in order to salvage October and attempt a plus 500 record for the month.

Game Coverage:
- TV: TSN (HD)
- Radio: Team 1200
- Web: to be added

Team Lineups :
DailyFaceoff.com links not updated -- note says it's at the top of their priorities list.

TSN's Ice Chips:

Source: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Ottawa Senators:
Daniel Alfredsson didn't skate Wednesday morning, but says he will play Thursday. - TSN
Pascale Leclaire to start in goal as announced by Clouston.

Injuries:
Kuba (broken leg - 3-4 weeks)

Carolina Hurricanes:

Goaltender Justin Peters is scheduled to play a game during the Canes road trip reports the News Observer.

Injuries:
Sergei Samsonov (neck sprain) - game time decision according to NHL.com.

Game Day Preview:

Source: ESPN Preview
NHL.com Preveiw

Stats Comparison:
GAME DAY: Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm EST - Oct. 14, 2010 Stats_10

Media Links:
- Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators: http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:27 am; edited 10 times in total

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

We need Kuba to return in the worst way possible.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Based on past injury history we can at least double the projected return date so we're going to have to find a way to win without him. I totally agree with you there though PFK.

- Unknown Author

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:We need Kuba to return in the worst way possible.

It's funny because this is the same Kuba that many people were suggesting we should offload in many trade scenarios, especially after the Gonchar signing. Yes, he will be a keystone in this defense corps while it matures.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I still would have been fine with a trade of Kuba depending on the return.

- Unknown Author

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I still would have been fine with a trade of Kuba depending on the return.

I should have qualified my statement to say "Many questionable trade scenarios". I wouldn't go so far as to say Kuba is anywhere near untradeable, but many thought he was expendable or redundant on our team and priced too highly. That is where I personally disagree.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

beerandsens wrote:

It's funny because this is the same Kuba that many people were suggesting we should offload in many trade scenarios, especially after the Gonchar signing. Yes, he will be a keystone in this defense corps while it matures.

Probably the same people who want to trade Spezza. And Fisher.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
beerandsens wrote:

Cuss no. I've been perhaps the most vocal person in terms of defending Kuba and his place on this team. We need him, or someone like him, to stabilize that 2nd pairing.

Blame the fantasy hockey nuts who only look at numbers and invent hilarious & improbable trade proposals, not the guys who look at everything else.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
PKC wrote:
beerandsens wrote:

Cuss no. I've been perhaps the most vocal person in terms of defending Kuba and his place on this team. We need him, or someone like him, to stabilize that 2nd pairing.

Blame the fantasy hockey nuts who only look at numbers and invent hilarious & improbable trade proposals, not the guys who look at everything else.

Absolutely. We need him to take pressure off the first pairing. As soon as I heard we signed Gonchar I said the person that stood to benefit the most was Kuba. He was so miscast as a number 1 defenseman. On the second pairing though, he's going to make this team a real force.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I predict Leclaire gets the start.

Is it too early for the "must win" term to be used...?

Wink

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I dont' think so. Its about time they start winning now, week-long gaps between victories is no way for a playoff team to play, so yeah must-win!

and I get the feeling they're going to ride leclaire till he gets at least 1-2 victories under his belt. However if he doesn't win on thursday, I'm inclined to believe that the sens will want to shake things up and start Elliott on saturday

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I predict Leclaire gets the start.

Wink

Yes it's too early. :D Seriously though Leclaire has looked good for the most part and unless he implodes I think Elliott will ride the pine until perhaps the Florida game. I'm more worried about Alfie's condition personally. As for Kuba I don't expect to see him until Christmas. That guy takes forever to recover from anything.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Wink

Yes it's too early. :D Seriously though Leclaire has looked good for the most part and unless he implodes I think Elliott will ride the pine until perhaps the Florida game. I'm more worried about Alfie's condition personally. As for Kuba I don't expect to see him until Christmas. That guy takes forever to recover from anything.

Give the guy a break, he broke his Cussing leg. It's not like he chipped a nail.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Wink

Give the guy a break, he broke his Cussing leg. It's not like he chipped a nail.

True. It just seems that you can at least double the projected recovery time for any injury Kuba sustains.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He'll be back by Nov.1st, no questions asked unless there's a setback. There's a timeline for this kind of injury, it's happened 1000s of times.

We need him, he can't get back quick enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 15]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum