GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010

+16
wprager
Bramlet07
beedub
Hockeyhero22000
sens4win
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
PKC
SensHulk
Riprock
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Russia vs. Canada, Feb 24, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap236%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_lcap29%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't BELIEVE the Swedes lost, can't believe it. I'm in shock, I fell asleep at 0-0, woke up this morning and the stench of failure was in the air.

I thought it was the Russian's wreaking of failure, but it was the Swedes as well. Wow.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I can't BELIEVE the Swedes lost, can't believe it. I'm in shock, I fell asleep at 0-0, woke up this morning and the stench of failure was in the air.

I thought it was the Russian's wreaking of failure, but it was the Swedes as well. Wow.

I don't think Sweden sent as strong a team this year...they really needed the Sedin twins to show up and dominate and that didn't happen. Doesn't help that their ultimate piece - Lundqvist - pooped the bed last night.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Out of the way nerd woman! I've just lost and I need to get by!!! Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 9 805406

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:
wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

I think the Slovaks are a better matchup for Team Canada, but they have been playing so well of late. This will not be an easy game by any stretch, but I think Canada can pull it off.

Playing well???! They scored 4 goals on Lundqvist, with only 14 shots taken. That's just not something they can expect to do again. 14 shots taken in an elimination game?

Unless you watched the game you couldn't get a sense of how hard the Slovaks were pushing. To hear that they only had 14 shots is a bit suprising to say the least because the Slovaks were buzzing around Lundy all night. That being said, Halak was a big part of the win.

I must admit I did not watch much of the game. That said, buzzing around and not shooting is pretty much what my son's peewee-C team does almost every game. Getting 4 goals through on 14 SOG against Lundqvist they should count their lucky stars. It is not a recipe for success.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I do agree with that comment. It still suprises me that they only had 14 shots though, I coulda sworn it was more. Regardless, there not gonna get 4 goals on 14 shots against LOUUU, so they need to get traffic in front and start shooting that puck.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah actually they were cycling well and had a few breakaways, but in the 3rd period they barely had shots on goal. Alfie's line was everywhere, and the Sedins played very well also. Halak was too strong and too calm and Forsberg/Zetterberg were invisible except for the 2 goals in 1 minute-ish.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

3 SOG in the third. Mind you, they were protecting a lead.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:3 SOG in the third. Mind you, they were protecting a lead.

They also had 2 Power plays on top of that I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum