GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010

+12
Riprock
AlfieisGod11
Ev
SensFan71
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Bramlet07
wprager
stempniaksen
PKC
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Canada vs. Slovakia Feb 26, 2010

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_lcap220%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_lcap220%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_lcap260%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 3 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_lcap20%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_lcap20%SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 CAN VS SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 SVK

Char(a) Grilled?

Well good morning sunshine the Canadians wake up and wipe out the Russians. They were all over Team Russia, banging bodies, winning puck battles and just all around having their way with them for most of last nights game. Sure Luongo's GAA has ballooned to just under 2 but I think I'll cut him some slack when there are players like Kovalchuck, Ovechkin, Malkin and Gonchar firing pucks at ol' Bobby Lou SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 159628 .

Surprisingly the defending gold medal champion Swedes were eliminated by Team Slovakia, our next opponent, who fired 4 goals passed King Henrik and clearly have some lethal fire power and also have the tower of power big Z manning their blue line. This will be the toughest test yet for the Canadians. After seeing that game last night though I have a lot more faith.

Game Coverage
TV: TSN, CTV, RDS
Radio: To be added
Web: check www.atdhe.net , [url=http://www.justin.tv nd]www.justin.tv[/url] and www.CTVOlympics.ca

Latest updates:
It's the SEMI-FINALS!! SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 235689 SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 805406 .

Game Day Previews:

CTVOlympics.ca Game day preview: When available

Media Links:

Olympic Medal Tracker: http://espn.go.com/olympics/winter/2010/medals

GO CANADA GO!

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

bring tzatziki!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Number Twenty Nine wrote:bring tzatziki!

We're not playing Team Greece are we? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

If Canada plays anything like they did against Russia, there is no chance for anyone in this tournament.

Of course, I suspect that much of the reason they played like that against Russia was because of the rivalry between the two countries.

I just hope they can bring that intensity against Slovakia.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

God I love tzatziki...anyone ever been to Au Vieux Duluth over on the Gatineau side? So good!

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

If they play the Americans in the finals I'm not too worried because I think they will bring the same intensity that they did against the Russians.

That being said, this upcoming game could be a bit of a letdown against a strong Slovakian team. The fact that this game is sandwiched between two 'rivalry games' (if the Americans win) might make it tough for Canada to focus.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

PKC wrote:

God I love tzatziki...anyone ever been to Au Vieux Duluth over on the Gatineau side? So good!

There used to be one in Orleans I think. They always burned the kabobs, but otherwise it was pretty darn good.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's a pretty solid Greek take-out place on Innes road. Shawarma Prince or something.

Also Greek Plus in the Convent Glen shopping center has a nice lamb souvlaki for the price.

If you want a fantastic quality Lamb kabob though you'll need to pay for it handsomely and go to Pilo's on Montreal road. Absolutely the best lamb kabob I've had period.

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:There's a pretty solid Greek take-out place on Innes road. Shawarma Prince or something.

Also Greek Plus in the Convent Glen shopping center has a nice lamb souvlaki for the price.

If you want a fantastic quality Lamb kabob though you'll need to pay for it handsomely and go to Pilo's on Montreal road. Absolutely the best lamb kabob I've had period.

I go to Gree Plus all the time (about 5 minutes from my house, so that might be why) and they have pretty darn good food for the prices. Darn good donairs if thats what you're into.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:There's a pretty solid Greek take-out place on Innes road. Shawarma Prince or something.

I go to Gree Plus all the time (about 5 minutes from my house, so that might be why) and they have pretty darn good food for the prices. Darn good donairs if thats what you're into.

I used to go to the Garlic King and then I found Greek Plus which is less busy and still has great food. I lived 5 minutes away, for the past 10 years, until January of this year. I'm between houses and will be near Carp in April.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow that was quite the tangent we went on there. I guess we should get back on topic. Smile

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I used to go to the Garlic King and then I found Greek Plus which is less busy and still has great food. I lived 5 minutes away, for the past 10 years, until January of this year. I'm between houses and will be near Carp in April.

I hate the Garlic King. Overpriced, way too busy, and the owner just annoys me, lol, I'm glad that location moved. On the tpoic of lebanese places Cedar Valley isn't horrible. Nothing will ever touch Maroush in the Market though, fantastic food.

P.S Convent Glen, woot woot.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Wow that was quite the tangent we went on there. I guess we should get back on topic. Smile

Now that I've ranted about the GK we can get back on topic ... what was the topic again!? SEMI-FINAL OLYMPIC GAME DAY: Canada vs. Slovakia 9:30PM EST. FRI. FEB 26, 2010 270956

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it had something to do with angry Gorillas being let out of their cages vs. the Slovaks or something. Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:

I hate the Garlic King. Overpriced, way too busy, and the owner just annoys me, lol, I'm glad that location moved. On the tpoic of lebanese places Cedar Valley isn't horrible. Nothing will ever touch Maroush in the Market though, fantastic food.

P.S Convent Glen, woot woot.

That guy is an embarrassment to the entire Lebanese community - which is quite significant in Ottawa.

In terms of greek food though, I've gotta say, Greek Souvlaki House on Riverside and Prince of Wales is phenomenal. Huge portions, great food, great prices.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum