GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada 7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010

+16
wprager
Bramlet07
beedub
Hockeyhero22000
sens4win
LeCaptain
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
PKC
SensHulk
Riprock
TheAvatar
stempniaksen
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
Cap'n Clutch
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Russia vs. Canada, Feb 24, 2010

Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap218%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 18% [ 2 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap236%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 4 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap20%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_lcap29%Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 Vote_rcap2 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:
N4L wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:So much for the Russians caring all that much more than the Canadians and the Olympics being the be all end all for these guys. Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 159628

Im honestly shocked by what The Russians did there, mind you Nabokov gave em no shot what so ever. Game was over in the first.

I was shocked too. I thought they would atleast get chippy and that guys like Semin and Kovalchuk would start swinging their sticks around, but that wasn't even the case.

Strange for sure.

Doesn't help that all of their best players were ghosts...Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Semin...like little kittens on the ice. No heart.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Man the Russian coach is creepy looking.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Man the Russian coach is creepy looking.

I get the feeling that the blame for the loss will largely fall on him.

Not pulling Nabakov earlier.
Not putting Radulov in the shootout against Slovakia.

Last but not least a talented team like the Russians grossly underachieving... gotta consider if the coach brought the best in them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Has Milbury been fired yet for calling the Russians Euro Trash? Good luck with that comment Milbury, it's not like we have a lot of immigrants from Europe in this country. Facepalm

Bahaha! When did he say this?

As terrible a GM as this man was, he's a sound byte goldmine.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:Bahaha! When did he say this?

Laughing3 Earlier on the air.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:Bahaha! When did he say this?

Laughing3 Earlier on the air.
Lol that's a good way to make friends

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And be fired I'm guessing.

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:And be fired I'm guessing.
Have you ever read bob mackenzies twitter ya I know random but he talks to the most random people on his Hockey analysis Twitter to weird

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

wow sweden is losing with 2 mins left, this is getting interesting. that would be pretty sweet for canada

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

I think the Slovaks are a better matchup for Team Canada, but they have been playing so well of late. This will not be an easy game by any stretch, but I think Canada can pull it off.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm late here but amazing game by Team Canada, if that's not called domination I don't know what is. They played pinball with Volchie though :crossarms:

EDIT: Pronger is still a douche Nod

Sens left in the tournament is Jarkko Ruutu. Some rest for the others Naughty

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

stempniaksen wrote:WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

I think the Slovaks are a better matchup for Team Canada, but they have been playing so well of late. This will not be an easy game by any stretch, but I think Canada can pull it off.

Playing well???! They scored 4 goals on Lundqvist, with only 14 shots taken. That's just not something they can expect to do again. 14 shots taken in an elimination game?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Give the Swiss some props too for holding the speedy US team to only 2 goals.

- Unknown Author

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
stempniaksen wrote:WOW. Everyone that didn't stay up for this game made a big mistake. Crazy game, crazy day (okay the Finnish game kinda sucked, but other than that good).

Playing well???! They scored 4 goals on Lundqvist, with only 14 shots taken. That's just not something they can expect to do again. 14 shots taken in an elimination game?

Unless you watched the game you couldn't get a sense of how hard the Slovaks were pushing. To hear that they only had 14 shots is a bit suprising to say the least because the Slovaks were buzzing around Lundy all night. That being said, Halak was a big part of the win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't BELIEVE the Swedes lost, can't believe it. I'm in shock, I fell asleep at 0-0, woke up this morning and the stench of failure was in the air.

I thought it was the Russian's wreaking of failure, but it was the Swedes as well. Wow.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I can't BELIEVE the Swedes lost, can't believe it. I'm in shock, I fell asleep at 0-0, woke up this morning and the stench of failure was in the air.

I thought it was the Russian's wreaking of failure, but it was the Swedes as well. Wow.

I don't think Sweden sent as strong a team this year...they really needed the Sedin twins to show up and dominate and that didn't happen. Doesn't help that their ultimate piece - Lundqvist - pooped the bed last night.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Out of the way nerd woman! I've just lost and I need to get by!!! Olympic Game Day: Russia vs. Canada  7:30PM EST. WED. Feb 24, 2010 - Page 8 805406

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum