GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010

+12
Urkie
Ev
stempniaksen
Bramlet07
sens4win
M_Christopher
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's how I see it. Swiss > Germany. Canada stumbled their way to a Shoot out victory with Brodeur in net. With Luongo in net and a similar effort to what was displayed in the Swiss game and Canada still beats Germany.

I don't see Canada doing that personally but that's my take.

Uhhh, what?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Let's go guys! This should be the practice needed to compete.

NO offense, but that`s the kind of expectations that no one should have.

What do you mean? This team hasn't come close to gelling yet. Is it too late? Probably, but if they can attack hard in the German zone and start making smarter, crisper passes and plays, then they might, repeat MIGHT be able to carry that over to the Russian game.

I said it way before this. The game vs Germany is good for the Canadians. They need the extra game to get their Dung together, they're not in the right place to be finishing the plays they make. If they lose to Germany, then they're an embarrassment, but they won't I would assume - and everyone should be praying that this is indeed the practice needed to compete with the big guns.

Well I just mean the team needs to forget everything that says they should win every game because that's what makes them choke. It`s just human nature, when you think you have more chance than somebody else, you underachieve.

Dont know where on earth you would get this Swiss> Germany thing. The Germans have a NHL PK, and NHL PP, and are way more physical then The Swiss.

There Germans are a decent, hard working team that under the right circumstances can beat Canada. This is one tournament where an under dog ( a big one) always pulls one off.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Well I just mean the team needs to forget everything that says they should win every game because that's what makes them choke. It`s just human nature, when you think you have more chance than somebody else, you underachieve.

Oh I see, yeah, that's quite true.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Here's how I see it. Swiss > Germany. Canada stumbled their way to a Shoot out victory with Brodeur in net. With Luongo in net and a similar effort to what was displayed in the Swiss game and Canada still beats Germany.

I don't see Canada doing that personally but that's my take.

Uhhh, what?

That's my opinion. Why do you feel otherwise?

- Unknown Author

Opinions tend to have some basis to them... The Germans are going to throw a big forcheck at any teams defense, have a legit PP, an NHL goaltender, and a well coached team. The Swiss are fiesty, thats about it.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Opinions tend to have some basis to them... The Germans are going to throw a big forcheck at any teams defense, have a legit PP, an NHL goaltender, and a well coached team. The Swiss are fiesty, thats about it.

The Swiss have an elite goaltender and they're more than just feisty. They've got an extremely well coached team that plays a defensive style quite effectively.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Opinions tend to have some basis to them... The Germans are going to throw a big forcheck at any teams defense, have a legit PP, an NHL goaltender, and a well coached team. The Swiss are fiesty, thats about it.

Which NHL goaltender? Greiss or whatever his name is, or am I missing someone?

The Swiss had Hiller and Streit, two big weapons.

Greiss is an NHL goaltender, he's there for a reason. He can steal any given game, and goaltender that plays in The NHL is capable of stealing one game.

If people think that Canada is going to walk through this German team, one way or another this will be tough on them. The Germans are going to play with their lives depending on it and they are a big, agressive team. Canada either loses or comes out as the winners with a ton of bumps and bruises and then plays Russia tomorrow... uphill battle to say the least.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

The Swiss have an elite goaltender and they're more than just feisty. They've got an extremely well coached team that plays a defensive style quite effectively.

Germany is exactly the same, but bigger and more tallented.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can't sit there and say you don't 100% fully expect Canada to whop the Germans arses tonight.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know you're not one for Stats but the Swiss are overwhelmingly better in most categories as opposed to the Germans

Swiss ranked 5th @ 10.53% (86 shots) in shooting percentage to Germans 12th @ 3.53% (85 shots)
Swiss have scored 8 goals to the Germans 3
Swiss have a 40% rating on their PP to the Germans 9th ranked at 12.5%

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Granted the Germans may be bigger and may beat up on Canada but to say they're better coached and a better team than the Swiss is a stretch IMO. Hiller >>>> Griess plain and simple. The Germans may forecheck but their 3 goals tells me they ain't scoring on us.

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

FInland and Sweden could be the best two teams in the tournament, they dont give up many chances... Canada and The US give up a ton compared to those two, they also didnt get to play Norway.

Stats go out the window in a big way, one game and done.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Granted the Germans may be bigger and may beat up on Canada but to say they're better coached and a better team than the Swiss is a stretch IMO. Hiller >>>> Griess plain and simple. The Germans may forecheck but their 3 goals tells me they ain't scoring on us.

Finland and Sweden are both very solid defensivly, they also dont take stupid penalties. Give the Germans some PP time, they will score. One thing Canada does, they take dumb penalties.

Hiller is better then Griess, no doubt.

SpezDispenser wrote:You can't sit there and say you don't 100% fully expect Canada to whop the Germans arses tonight.

Beat, yes, whop... I dont think they will, no.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Germans beating the Canadians would be like the Americans winning a curling match. It's theoretically possible, but that's about it.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:The Germans beating the Canadians would be like the Americans winning a curling match. It's theoretically possible, but that's about it.

I would say it would be more like a Swiss hockey team getting in the SO against Canada Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum