GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010

+12
Urkie
Ev
stempniaksen
Bramlet07
sens4win
M_Christopher
wprager
LeCaptain
Riprock
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

4-3 Slovakia now. INSANE

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Talk about being cocky. I woudl say that Russia doesnt want Canada either, you're right. That being said, Russia knows exactly what they are in for and have an extra day to prepare and rest.

I would see your argument if the Canadian PLAYERS were chanting but seriously the FANS can do what ever the heck they want. It actually has ZERO ZILCH NADDA impact on anything the PLAYERS do. You need to get over this connection of FANS to PLAYERS that just isn't there. What do we call that a Sophism?

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:Talk about being cocky. I woudl say that Russia doesnt want Canada either, you're right. That being said, Russia knows exactly what they are in for and have an extra day to prepare and rest.

I would see your argument if the Canadian PLAYERS were chanting but seriously the FANS can do what ever the heck they want. It actually has ZERO ZILCH NADDA impact on anything the PLAYERS do. You need to get over this connection of FANS to PLAYERS that just isn't there. What do we call that a Sophism?

It's called a spotlight fallacy.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

It's called a spotlight fallacy.

Thank you PFK. I missed the entire English lesson from earlier. Smile

- Unknown Author

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I missed out on the discussion during the game, but I was extremely pissed off that Rick Nash did all the work creating that scoring chance only to have all his effort awarded to Crosby. That's Bullsh*t. It'd be one thing if the guy that created the penalty shot was Pronger, but Nash? The guy is a scorer. That is a horrible coaching decision. I have no respect for Babcock.

Doughty continued to play very well, maintaining his position as Canada's best blueliner. Keith and Seabrook were great as well.

Niedermayer I thought played okay. His two minors were not necessary but he did score coming out of the box, so I will give him one back.

Iginla went back to his scoring, adding two and Staal had a great game.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I missed out on the discussion during the game, but I was extremely pissed off that Rick Nash did all the work creating that scoring chance only to have all his effort awarded to Crosby. That's Bullsh*t. It'd be one thing if the guy that created the penalty shot was Pronger, but Nash? The guy is a scorer. That is a horrible coaching decision. I have no respect for Babcock.

Doughty continued to play very well, maintaining his position as Canada's best blueliner. Keith and Seabrook were great as well.

Niedermayer I thought played okay. His two minors were not necessary but he did score coming out of the box, so I will give him one back.

Iginla went back to his scoring, adding two and Staal had a great game.

I was very annoyed at that too. I think it was crap and it confirms my (new) opinion of our coach. Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How close was Latvia to pulling out the upset of all upsets (not quite, but a good one).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think they shoudl have let Nash take the penalty shot in that situation, but in the real shootout I don't think they will be sending Nash out there.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I don't know why, he's exceptionally skilled. I would put him in the shootout everytime. Same with Toews. Nothing against Sid, but this is Nash we're talking about, not some bum with no offensive skills.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I don't know why, he's exceptionally skilled. I would put him in the shootout everytime. Same with Toews. Nothing against Sid, but this is Nash we're talking about, not some bum with no offensive skills.

I'm pretty sure Sid has the highest shootout percentage on the Canadian team (in the NHL that is) so maybe Babcock put him out for that reason.

When Canada went to the shootout against the Swiss, Babcock just sent out the 3 players with the highest shootout percentage. He's coaching like a mathematician.

All that being said, I think Crosby is the ultimate clutch player, so I have no problem sending him out. that being said I'm not a huge Nash fan either, so I could be biased.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nash is 4 for 11 in shootouts this year. Not bad, I wouldn't mind having him shoot third behind Sid and Toews.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If it was anyone other than Crosby, I'd be really pissed right now, but it was the Wayne Gretzky of our generation that was made to take the shot. Rick Nash is good...but he ain't no Crosby.

The issue here isn't that, it's that the score was 4-0 and Nash could have taken the shot and missed - and things still would have been alright. It wasn't like that shot meant the game.

That's where Babcock makes some mistakes, but he coached a pretty air tight game last night. Tonight will obviously be a bigger test.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Sid can pick his teammates, why shouldn't he get the penalty shot? Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:If Sid can pick his teammates, why shouldn't he get the penalty shot? Sarcasm

Because we didn't need that goal.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:If Sid can pick his teammates, why shouldn't he get the penalty shot? Sarcasm

I guess that's as good a reason as any to let the Assistant GM take that shot. Dancing

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:If it was anyone other than Crosby, I'd be really pissed right now, but it was the Wayne Gretzky of our generation that was made to take the shot. Rick Nash is good...but he ain't no Crosby.

The issue here isn't that, it's that the score was 4-0 and Nash could have taken the shot and missed - and things still would have been alright. It wasn't like that shot meant the game.

That's where Babcock makes some mistakes, but he coached a pretty air tight game last night. Tonight will obviously be a bigger test.

Diddle that noise. Reward the guy who's creating the chance, not the guy who essentially had nothing to do with the play. You gotta get Nash going. Canada needs to get every single guy on that team firing on all cylinders. I don't worry about Crosby because his skill level and determination are through the roof, but I worry about a guy like Nash because his skill is very much predicated on his confidence.

Amateur coaching job by Babcock and co. so far. That better change tonight or we're dead in the water.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I guess that's as good a reason as any to let the Assistant GM take that shot. Dancing

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010 - Page 9 270956 Yeah why not.

Who is the assistant GM?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Olympic Game Day: Canada vs. Germany 7:00PM EST. TUE. Feb 23, 2010 - Page 9 270956 Yeah why not.

Who is the assistant GM?

Baby Crosby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum