GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread

+13
sens4win
SensHulk
PKC
LeCaptain
Sens19
M_Christopher
beerandsens
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
asq2
PTFlea
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 20]

1Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:09 am

So we have long passed the 20 game mark and it is time to call a spade a spade. We all know that Cheechoo was the guy we had to take because San Jose recognized him as a useless cap drag. He has the smell of washed up career all over him and it ain't coming off. Sure he works hard and he has great hands but he can't get to the scoring spots, he has the stamina of a ‘Biggest Loser’ contestant and he is too shattered in terms of confidence to do anything but fire the puck wide.

His presence brings the stench of 'just not good enough' to the locker room. That stench is poison. He has to go. The only thing I can liken it to in terms of the real world is a salesman who can’t sell, same thing with a goal scorer who can’t score. There is no other way to put it. The guy is a leech sucking the life out of a host. No point having him around.

I am tired of watching the painful death throes of his career as it crumbles around him. Murray please waive him and send him to Bingo. There he could at least be appreciated for his ‘hard work’ and ‘great guy in the room’ BS. He is no longer an NHLer and the sooner he is gone from the club, the sooner we can get some young hungry blood back in the mix. A side of Z. Smith anyone?

He's the Michael Scott of the NHL. I agree with your comments.. why take up the spot of a rookie? or even Donovan.

A Michael Scott eh? Michael Scott at least provides comedic relief.

I'd say he's more the Meg Griffin of the NHL...

DirtyDave wrote:He's the Michael Scott of the NHL. I agree with your comments.. why take up the spot of a rookie? or even Donovan.

Michael Scott Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread 270956

Cheechoo simply doesn't bring the skillset to be a fourth line player. You need an energy guy who is going to go out and bang bodies, create havoc, maybe even get a dirty goal?!

Cheechoo also doesn't play at an NHL level for top line forwards either. There is no place for him here. Having him around just forces Clouston to play him based on salary, which isn't fair to him or the rest of the team.

I think Scott plays a different position but has the same devotion and skill level.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well we saw how the Sens handled Gerber. I expect that they'll wait it out as long as they can to lessen the financial and cap impact.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well we saw how the Sens handled Gerber. I expect that they'll wait it out as long as they can to lessen the financial and cap impact.

I sure as hell hope not. These kind of 'nice guys' who no longer belong in the league but have big salaries are killing us.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't hold your breath. I think the best case scenario will see us buy him out in the summer.

- Unknown Author

9Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:35 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wouldn't hold your breath. I think the best case scenario will see us buy him out in the summer.

I'm not sure Murray will buy him out. We're already paying Paddock, Hartsburg, Schubert and Heatley's $4M for personnel who are not working for the Sens. I can see Melnyk balking at that. We might do the same with Cheech as Schubert if another expresses interest. Murray just seems to nice to do that.

Clouston doesn't seem to have a problem with Cheech (except his lack of production obviously). You can't question Cheech's work ethic and dedication. I think he's 5th on the team in shots on goal and he does get a decent amount of chances. Obviously playing on the 3rd/4th lines he's not gonna enough. He had a couple of good ones against the Sharks.

At this time I still think the Sens are better off trying to get Cheech going, try him with Spezza and Kovalev again he had some success in the limited time they had together.

Cheech needs a playmaker to play with, I see him in the slot quite a lot if he's not in front of the net as a screen. His 1st goal from Kovalev is the kind of goals he produces, I don't think anyone expects Kelly and Ruutu to feed him passes.

I don't see him doing much for the Sens if he's not with a talented centre (which Kelly is not).

10Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Last night was his night to play with Michalek and Spezza for a while - and he looked great, but then he went into his typical lapse (can't skate). I would say that was life 6 of his 9 lives.

11Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wouldn't hold your breath. I think the best case scenario will see us buy him out in the summer.

I'm not sure Murray will buy him out. We're already paying Paddock, Hartsburg, Schubert and Heatley's $4M for personnel who are not working for the Sens. I can see Melnyk balking at that.

Are we paying Schubert? Was it re-entry waivers that the Thrashers picked him up off of?

Don't forget Emery, by the way.

12Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:13 am

Wow. The guy's skating is terrible and we are ready to write him off less than a 1/3 of a season into his Ottawa tenure? Most of which btw, was spent playing with grinders and not players who would actually make use of his skillset.

He's a hard worker, is good along the boards, does his job without complaint even though he wasn't given much of a chance to play with anyone who could help him produce.

Where are the Depreciation Threads for Kovalev, Campoli and to a lesser extent Spezza? Cheechoo's fate in Ottawa was sealed before he even arrived it seems. It's a shame he makes what he does, because if he was making a million this wouldn't be an issue, unlike Campoli and Kovalev (most of the time).

Like a few others have mentioned, Eugene is paying several people to be elsewhere. I would be surprised if he does the same with Cheechoo, at least this season.

13Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

I'm not sure Murray will buy him out. We're already paying Paddock, Hartsburg, Schubert and Heatley's $4M for personnel who are not working for the Sens. I can see Melnyk balking at that.

Are we paying Schubert? Was it re-entry waivers that the Thrashers picked him up off of?

Yes we are still paying Schubie. $441,666 this season.

14Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:19 am

shabbs wrote:
asq2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Yes we are still paying Schubie. $441,666 this season.

Technically, we are paying Alfie a buyout on top of his salary as well.

15Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Empty Re: Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:19 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Wow. The guy's skating is terrible and we are ready to write him off less than a 1/3 of a season into his Ottawa tenure? Most of which btw, was spent playing with grinders and not players who would actually make use of his skillset.

He's a hard worker, is good along the boards, does his job without complaint even though he wasn't given much of a chance to play with anyone who could help him produce.

Where are the Depreciation Threads for Kovalev, Campoli and to a lesser extent Spezza? Cheechoo's fate in Ottawa was sealed before he even arrived it seems. It's a shame he makes what he does, because if he was making a million this wouldn't be an issue, unlike Campoli and Kovalev (most of the time).

Like a few others have mentioned, Eugene is paying several people to be elsewhere. I would be surprised if he does the same with Cheechoo, at least this season.

Great post.

I'd also add Foligno, Shannon and Regin to the list of underachievers. Kovalev had a good game against the Sharks actually, overall his play has been improving in the last few games so I'd give AK27 a brief respite for now Jonathan Cheechoo Depreciation Thread 54934

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum