GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Donovan expected to be out 6-8 weeks with knee injury

+10
wprager
asq2
rooneypoo
dennycrane
SensGirl11
M_Christopher
SeawaySensFan
SDH89
PTFlea
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Saw this tweet from NHL_Sens...

http://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/5895108821

Clouston on Donovan: We'll know more after further tests today but he will be out for a long time (right knee).

Yikes!

So we'll be missing Volchie, Donovan and Kovalev on Saturday night. That means Regin and Shannon are in.

GDT is coming soon... not to worry...

Last edited by shabbs on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle you Cooke. People may view that as clean because Donovan was 'trying to get out of the way' - BS. Let the reputation follow Cooke here - it wasn't clean in my books - and he should be beaten hardcore next game.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

You're absolutely right Spez. Cooke has been around this league long enough, he knew exactly what he was doing when he hit Dono. Just look at the score of the game and the time that was left. Two questionable moves by Bylsma -- the Cooke hit, and having Godard out on the ice with less than two minutes to play. Don't fines usually follow in the later case??

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle you Cooke. People may view that as clean because Donovan was 'trying to get out of the way' - BS. Let the reputation follow Cooke here - it wasn't clean in my books - and he should be beaten hardcore next game.

How the Diddle is Cooke free to assist on that second goal and how the Diddle is that goal scored on a power play?

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Just a quick update guys:

Sounds like 5-6 weeks with a sprained MCL

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

M_Christopher wrote:Just a quick update guys:

Diddle

If it turns out to be the ACL too (as per the Murray interview), Donovan could be done. Shame.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

MurderOnIce wrote:

If it turns out to be the ACL too (as per the Murray interview), Donovan could be done. Shame.

Yeah if it's both, Dono is F'd

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

SpezDispenser wrote:Diddle you Cooke. People may view that as clean because Donovan was 'trying to get out of the way' - BS. Let the reputation follow Cooke here - it wasn't clean in my books - and he should be beaten hardcore next game.

Lets face it, if he's out for the season, it could be the last game of his career. Cooke is a real a$$ tulip.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Damn... well hopefully it's just 5-6 weeks. I blew my MCL out once before... not fun. At least he won't need surgery.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MurderOnIce wrote:

Lets face it, if he's out for the season, it could be the last game of his career. Cooke is a real a$$ tulip.

Makes FSNs Flash Speedman and Champ Strong, or whatever the hell their names are look like bigger asses from their comments about "Cookie" last night. Idiots.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay, that's not as bad as I first feared. Let's hope. FingersCrossed

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Get better soon Donovan!

From the SUN interview...

“It’s his MCL (medial collateral ligament) for sure and he’s having an MRI to see if it’s the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), too. We won’t know until tomorrow,” said Murray.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/11/20/11835611.html

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:

Okay, that's not as bad as I first feared. Let's hope. FingersCrossed
Well, they still don't know the full extent...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2009/11/20/11835611.html

They're going to do an MRI to see if his ACL is also an issue. MCL is for sure.

EDIT: MOI beat me to the punch...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum